: Pics of DopeStar's boyhood home!

CoupeDevilleRob
03-15-06, 03:33 PM
In another thread we established DopeStar is originally from The Bronx and he used to live not too far from me. So today I took a ride past his old house and block and took some pictures. Here you go DopeStar, absorb the nostalgia.

mccombie_5
03-15-06, 03:36 PM
Cute kinda house really.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-15-06, 03:59 PM
hah neat!

LittleB
03-15-06, 04:14 PM
That's awesome, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

madooch
03-15-06, 07:39 PM
where is that morris park

DopeStar 156
03-15-06, 10:29 PM
I wanna cry... Haha. Thank you sooooooo much. When I was a kid we lived in the upstairs part, I used to play on that balcony with my little hotwheels cars. my grandparents lived downstairs. When my dad was a kid he and my grandparents lived in the upstairs and HIS grandma lived downstairs. We moved out when I was 4 (1988?) and my grandparents continued to live there until 1998 when they moved out and moved into a house down the road from the one I live in now. When I was little my grandpa used to take me to the park down Morris Park Ave. and push me on the swings or he'd take me to this store Nino's which is a few houses down on that same street we lived on. I remember the garage on that street where my grandpa kept his 84 Buick Regal Limited, same color as my car. When they're next to each other mine dwarfs it so bad, but it was huge when I was a kid. We still have it, my uncle drives it currently. My grandpa used to take me out everyday being the oldest grandchild I was his first, he was like my best friend. Seeing that house makes me think about him a lot since he's not around anymore. He died January of 2005 of a bad recovery from a bypass operation. We had his funeral at John Dormi's Funeral Home which was ironically across the street from the park he used to take me to. I'm really bothered that he's not around anymore and I'm pretty close to tears about it right now, but at the same time thinking of that house and us hanging out makes me happy and wish I could go back to that time. I like to remember him like that. I'll have to find some pics of me or my family outside of the house and post them. Most of my family still lives in that area. Thanks a lot Rob, that really meant a lot to me. Your car looks really nice too by the way. You gotta come to the NJ meet and hang out in May or June whenever we decide to do it. Thanks again.......

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-15-06, 11:02 PM
hahaha what if this photo was from like 1987, and we saw a three year old Dopey running around!

DopeStar 156
03-15-06, 11:04 PM
Oh run around I did! I didn't spend much of my childhood sitting still. I'm workin' on finding one actually... Hahaha. I'll go go my Grandma's tomorrow I'm more than positive she's got one.

madooch
03-16-06, 03:09 PM
i knew that was morris park

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
03-16-06, 03:12 PM
That's v cool!!!

Is The Bronx the dangerous place that we (in the UK) hear about?
Or is it all blown out of proportion?

madooch
03-16-06, 03:16 PM
its like every neighborhood good and bad parts

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
03-16-06, 03:25 PM
That's what I figured.

DopeStar 156
03-16-06, 08:03 PM
It's mostly an Italian neighborhood (at least when I lived there, I'm sure it still is now) so everyone knew everyone. My grandma is gonna pull out the pictures tomorrow and find a few pics of me and my cousins at the house. Fun nostalgia time!

CoupeDevilleRob
03-16-06, 08:04 PM
Glad I could take you down memory lane Dope. My grandfather was the same way, he used to take me to Pelham Bay Park all time and take me for rides in the Caddy, which was about the only time he ever drove it. It's kinda funny, you moved out of The Bronx around the same time I moved there from Brooklyn. I am definately going to try to make the Jersey meet, by the spring I'll have my car all waxed up and in top form.

To answer some questions about The Bronx the general rule of thumb is this: Western Bronx (Riverdale) is very nice, lots of money there. Eastern Bronx (Pelham Bay, Throgs Neck, Country Club, Morris Park) is good, more blue collar than Riverdale. Central and South Bronx are the dangerous places you all have probably heard of. Again this is kind of general, but it gives you an idea.

DopeStar 156
03-16-06, 09:39 PM
Nice, I'm hoping it'll happen in early June. Jump into the thread and help pick a date!

Boombotz
03-16-06, 10:43 PM
That's v cool!!!

Is The Bronx the dangerous place that we (in the UK) hear about?
Or is it all blown out of proportion?

There is some parts that you wouldn't want to walk the streets at night by yourself and all you have to do is act like you know the area. Just look like you know where your going and you will be fine. Just don't break down on the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway and expect your car to be there when you get back. Out of the three areas of Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronxs. I never like going into Brooklyn. No problems with Manhatten either, They have cleaned that place up.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
03-17-06, 02:07 AM
Ah, interesting.

I always thought Manhatten was the super expensive area, didn't know it had bits that needed cleaning up!

I only ever quickly popped in and out of NYC as I used to spend most my trips there upstate as I had friends there.

I'm hoping to take a nice long trip to the East Coast next year so I was just curious what's what!

madooch
03-17-06, 02:49 PM
hey rob where in the bronx u from i grew up in pelham bay

Jesda
03-17-06, 03:28 PM
Does grandma cook? If so, I think I know where to hold the next meet. :D

DopeStar 156
03-17-06, 04:30 PM
Does grandma cook? If so, I think I know where to hold the next meet. :D
LMAO!!!! Like you wouldn't believe. :worship:

The only reason I'm 155 lbs is because I only eat there once a week....

CoupeDevilleRob
03-17-06, 05:37 PM
madooch- I live in Pelham Bay, though I'm originally from Flatbush, Brooklyn.

hardrock- You never knew Manhatten had parts that needed cleaning up? Where do you think Harlem is? Over the past 10 years the city as a whole has gotten a lot better. Even notoriously bad neighborhoods have gotten better. Thank you NYPD!

Highways in NYC are horrendous. Robert Moses (the guy who built most of them) is lucky he's dead, because I would have killed him Jack Bauer-style by now. The traffic and the potholes are almost unbearable. The subways really are the best way to get around, especially in Manhatten.