: Adding Subs to stock system?

TheCaddyKidd
03-15-06, 12:48 AM
Hi. I am getting ready to finalize the deal and if all goes well I am going to be getting a 2006 Escalade EXT... The thing is that all the dealers around me seem to have all of them with Nav.. This was not a problem as i wanted to keep most of the truck stock with the exception of some minor things.. My question is - Can you add aftermarket subwoofers to the factory Navigation radio? - I have heard of people doing it with Denali's and i dont wanna pay for the nav and then get rid of it.. I saw the JL audio stealth midgate with 2 12's.. i figured that added to the stock system would be sweet.. If anyone has done this or knows if it can be done i would greatly appreciate any info on what i would need an such... thanks in advance..

suckit
03-15-06, 01:25 AM
Hi. I am getting ready to finalize the deal and if all goes well I am going to be getting a 2006 Escalade EXT... The thing is that all the dealers around me seem to have all of them with Nav.. This was not a problem as i wanted to keep most of the truck stock with the exception of some minor things.. My question is - Can you add aftermarket subwoofers to the factory Navigation radio? - I have heard of people doing it with Denali's and i dont wanna pay for the nav and then get rid of it.. I saw the JL audio stealth midgate with 2 12's.. i figured that added to the stock system would be sweet.. If anyone has done this or knows if it can be done i would greatly appreciate any info on what i would need an such... thanks in advance..

Yeahhh... you can do that. Well, I think so, I installed an aftermarket Eclipse double din that had RCA outputs and I used a PAC bose interface to keep the stock components. Now I am ready to wire up my subs to the screen. I tell ya mayn, I get ground noise now that I've done that. I've talked to many people and they say that it's because of the interface and that they're not really that reliable. I might end up rewiring and getting a whole new set of components in the future. The ground noise isn't too bad, it's like a whisstlin sound that gets higher pitch as I accelerate. Wit loud music, you can't really hear it.

mskittrell05
03-15-06, 11:48 AM
If it whines when ur excellerating then you have the wrong interface..That happened to me then i got the SOundgate interface and its perfect..

mikeee
03-15-06, 11:56 AM
Yes you can. Also, JL AUDIO makes something called CLEANSWEEP (http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansweep_pages.php?page_id=94), which will make your headunit just as good as any after market head unit.

Surfer-Dude
03-15-06, 12:45 PM
The whining noise you hear on acceleration, check your power wire and grounds as well. I remember on a big stereo I did for my truck back in high school, I picked up a ton of noise through my speakers as I accelerate. Tried a couple things, loops etc nothing worked. Ended up messing with the main power wire from the bat-amp and rerouted it, it was picking up a ton of alternator noise from what I was told (or something like that, was awhile ago).

suckit
03-20-06, 01:53 AM
If it whines when ur excellerating then you have the wrong interface..That happened to me then i got the SOundgate interface and its perfect..

The shop who got the interface has installed a ton of these. They got me one made from PAC. You had the whining noise too?

loanman
03-20-06, 03:28 PM

I have an 03 escalade with touchscreen nav (from an 05) and all you have to do is install a inline rca converter. You have to tap into the wires that go to the subwoofer already so that you get the sub signal since all other speakers are already crossed over for mids or highs. Once you tap into the wires you can hook up an amp to run your subs.