: Overheat Part 3

bjohnsto
03-14-06, 09:39 PM
Well, I've decided to make an appointment with a Caddy dealer in a nearby town for diagnosis.

The rough estimate, if the head gaskets need to be replaced, is $4 grand. Seems a bit steep to me, but this is the best dealership around here - we only have 2 in about a 150 mile radius of my town.

If it is a simple leak, I'll get it fixed. If not, there is absolutely no way I'm going to spend that kind of money on a $6K car!

fubar569
03-15-06, 04:53 AM
4k? do they include a complimentary jar of vaseline with that ass-reaming?

Tailfin
03-15-06, 07:50 AM
Ah! Sounds like they KNOW they're one of two dealerships within 150 miles. I'd be the best around too with that competition.

I'd be very wary about whatever diagnosis they give you. You give me 4K, I might give you my whole car lol.

zonie77
03-15-06, 11:10 AM
Are there any shops in the area? It's a long tedious job but not above what you can do at home, so any decent shop should be able to do it.

The concern a shop might have is the timesert kit which is about $350 but if you can find a used one , here or on ebay, you can resell it for a minimal net cost. You will have to do that though. If you find a kit you'll need 20 new inserts from timesert.