: Code SO61? PO83?

Chuck C
01-09-04, 06:30 PM
Hi guys, my car throws codes SO61 and PO83. I did a search and found that PO83 is a sensor or bad wire, but what is SO61?

thanks

epanightmare
01-10-04, 09:00 PM
Hi guys, my car throws codes SO61 and PO83. I did a search and found that PO83 is a sensor or bad wire, but what is SO61?

thanks

DTC S061 RF Positive Sensor Fault

TEST CONDITIONS :
The RSS module monitors the position sensor data for a sensor out of range condition. The signal is out of range if it is under voltage (0.25 V) or over voltage (4.75 V) or if an invalid data condition is signaled.

FAULT CONDITIONS :
If the signal is out of range for more than 1 second at a vehicle speed greater than 5 MPH, the error is set.

ACTION TAKEN :
Set code, turn on "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" message, command all four dampers to firm.

DESCRIPTION :
The RSS module monitors the position sensor data for a sensor out of range condition. The signal is out of range if it is under voltage (0.25 V) or over voltage (4.75 V) or if an invalid data condition is signaled. If the signal is out of range for more than 1 second at a vehicle speed greater than 5 MPH, the error is set.
TO DIAGNOSE THIS CONDITION :

Clear codes.
Enter output cycling
Manipulate affected wiring
Shake and/or tap the sensor
Recheck for codes.
The Position Sensor Fault code may set due to the corresponding Position Sensor Overcurrent code being set. If this is the case, the overcurrent code must be diagnosed first.

Negative values may roll over from -100 to +117, but should be considered as 'LESS THAN 90'.

When reading 'MORE THAN 90' the value may go up as high as 115.

Hope this helps. Btw if you need the dianostic charts for this code just let me know..:halo:

Chuck C
01-10-04, 11:09 PM
ah thanks bud....so let me see if I have this right: the SO61 code is due to a bad sensor and also lights up the 'Service Ride Control" Light? Also, what does it mean for all the dampers to be set to firm?

oldgamer
02-25-04, 03:02 PM
epanightmare: Can you please tell where RSS module and sensor are placed? I assume that sensor placed somewhere close to the tire.
Thanks.