: Navigation Not Reading Cd

Uria702
03-14-06, 08:16 PM
my 04 escalade's navigation just decided to stop working yesterday for some reason, it keeps saying cd error, when i try to use navigation it says no cd? anyone ever have this issue before, the closest cadillac dealer to me said they cant get me in for a appointment till next month YIKES!, anyone ever have this problem before, its not the cd i tried the cd in my friends cts and it worked fine, this is so typical of an american car.

bmacwhi
03-19-06, 01:28 AM
Yep, had the same with my 2004 ESV. Dealer just replaced the entire NAV unit under factory warranty. Problems over!

EXTadic
03-19-06, 01:44 PM
my 04 escalade's navigation just decided to stop working yesterday for some reason, it keeps saying cd error, when i try to use navigation it says no cd? anyone ever have this issue before, the closest cadillac dealer to me said they cant get me in for a appointment till next month YIKES!, anyone ever have this problem before, its not the cd i tried the cd in my friends cts and it worked fine, this is so typical of an american car.

Had mine replaced 2 weeks ago because the paint on buttons was chipping off. The unit worked fine otherwise. The replacement unit now has the same problem you're describing. They told me at the dealer the unit was replaced with a refurb. (which is common) now I have to wait a week before they can get another to replace this one, seems as though there's a shortage on refurb nav units. Hope they relace this one with a touchscreen by mistake...

SuperC1
09-07-07, 11:53 AM
It seems that this is happening a lot, it must be a factory defect.:rant2:

jamieelon54
04-15-11, 05:23 PM
My navigation system just stop working 4 days ago out of the blue, it says error when putting the dvd in. its not the nav dvd bc it wont play other dvd's in that slot. has anyone experience this problem before with it not reading the nav dvd? I have even tried a cd/dvd cleaner and that did not work. i am no longer in warranty. hope this does not cost an arm and a leg.

Gmoney_06
04-25-11, 12:23 AM
mine is having a hard time reading burnt DVDs. My Nav dvd was scratched really bad so i decided to burn a copy and it's hit or miss. Sometimes the map comes up, sometimes i just get a cd error and the usual, check the dvd to see if its damaged or dirty. When i do get the map to come up, within a minute i get the same errors. I cleaned mine like 5 times. I am thinking about buying a Nav dvd off of ebay to see if its the unit or if the unit just can't read the dual layer dvd +r. These units aren't cheap. Even refurb'd ones are $1000.

Tx_Lee
04-25-11, 02:11 AM
ive had a lot of experience with burned backup nav discs and the process you use to burn your nav disc from a backup is very important... my first time tryin, i had a lot of things runnin on my computer while burning the disc and the nav disc read slowly in my nav unit. the second time around i used better quality blank dvd discs and cleared my computer while i was burning it and there was a huge noticeable difference in the time it took for it to load and read the dvd.... ive been using my burned backup nav disc since i put my nav unit in and have had no problems at all...