: How much is a 2004 V

DaveSRX
03-14-06, 12:51 PM
worth with 33K miles, no sunroof, good condition, black exterior/beige interior?

Seemed in good shape, 2 owners. Guy is asking $33,900, which I think is pretty high.

Thanks,

Dave

lars464
03-14-06, 12:57 PM
I paid 34k for a 2004 with 25k miles. Silver/black with roof. Included was a GM certified warranty good till 2010 or 100k miles. Just got it last week. I am told this was a good price, but not a great price.

Jon
03-14-06, 12:57 PM
That's really high. Last November, I paid $32,500 for a black on black with 12k miles. It had the sunroof as well, with 1 previous owner. Car was a '04, but only 8 months old. Bought it from Michigan, with the help of Flyboy :)

04CTSVforMe
03-14-06, 01:05 PM
Current and recent bids/prices on eBay say that it is in the range of current buyers' valuation.

Not saying you can't get one cheaper, just saying it does appear that there are people willing to pay $33-35,000 for the right '04 or '05 CTS-V.

Obviously location and your local market will have a good bearing on that range too, just as when they were new.

Offer him what you think it's worth and see what he says! :thumbsup:

Microday
03-14-06, 01:06 PM
I sold mine with 5K miles in November for 33.5K, I was the original owner. In November no one wanted this car. I would keep looking....the vehicle has to many miles and to much unknown history. Go to www.gmbuypower.com (http://www.gmbuypower.com) and search for 2005 leftovers......The will be selling them off for around 39K. That is how I bought mine.

ctsvflorida
03-14-06, 01:15 PM
worth with 33K miles, no sunroof, good condition, black exterior/beige interior?

Seemed in good shape, 2 owners. Guy is asking $33,900, which I think is pretty high.

Thanks,

Dave

Here's an example of a decent deal, from a dealer no less! I got mine 3 months ago without a sunroof too and it had 5K miles. It is a 2004 but was titled in July of 2005! Giving me 3 1/2 years of warranty left. Windows were tinted already and I paid $34.5k and they gave me a $500 more than, anyone else would give trade in price, on my other car. One wheel was curbed pretty good on about 1/5 or 1/6 of the one wheel! It is light silver with black interior. I searched for a while and think I did pretty good! I did travel 300 miles to get it as it was in upper Florida where these cars are even less popular than Ocala! The entire used lot of this Caddy and Nissan dealer was pickup trucks...AS EXPECTED!

ctsvflorida
03-14-06, 01:19 PM
I sold mine with 5K miles in November for 33.5K, I was the original owner. In November no one wanted this car. I would keep looking....the vehicle has to many miles and to much unknown history. Go to www.gmbuypower.com (http://www.gmbuypower.com) and search for 2005 leftovers......The will be selling them off for around 39K. That is how I bought mine.

You sold yours for a great price...for the buyer! If you were buying another vehicle you could have traded it for that much, or a little less, and saved the $33k worth of tax! What color was it and did it have a roof?

DaveSRX
03-14-06, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I was thinking the price was high as well. The car is in pretty good shape for the mileage.

I had my heart set on a black/black car, but surprisingly I did like the beige interior. No sunroof is a turnoff as well. However, all things considered, for the right price I would probably take it.

austin
03-14-06, 03:16 PM
I paid $31,900 for my 2004 blk/blk "V" w/sunoof.... It had 13,100 miles on it. :)

DrivingAmericanNow
03-14-06, 03:37 PM
:thehand: Does anyone else hate these threads?

No offense, I just hate adding to the "how cheap can I get one" craze. Those of us who actually own V's would prefer to see the prices high. :banghead:

trekster
03-14-06, 04:33 PM

No offense, I just hate adding to the "how cheap can I get one" craze. Those of us who actually own V's would prefer to see the prices high. :banghead:
Yeah, because I paid 50k+ for the car and not even 2 years later I lost about 20grand.

Dave-V
03-14-06, 05:11 PM
The lack of sunroof hurts it the value and your resale. I would stay away. :thehand: Find one with a roof. THe 100K warranty is also nice. I have it.

Thanks,

Dave

BadCad
03-14-06, 05:52 PM
Yeah, because I paid 50k+ for the car and not even 2 years later I lost about 20grand.:mad:
I agree. GM pricing and the bitchin' on the board don't help the value on this car. But I still love the V though. Best drivin' car I've had.
For Caddi's first attempt at high performance and taking on the high-end European performance marquee's at the same time, they've done pretty well with the V. Execution was weak in those areas we all now about. But still...... a damn great car to drive!

haveboost
03-14-06, 06:34 PM

THANK YOU!!!! I remember when those of us who went out of our way to buy this car back when they wanted 10k+ msrp. I flew to tampa to pick up my car because they gave me 1k discount. Now I'm reading this thread and people can actually buy this car for 30k. :alchi: That is sad.

I bought a supra tt in 95 for 39k sold it on 98 for 32k and now a clean one cost you about the same. WHY??

Because people adore that car. I had a buddy pay 47k for a 98 in pristine condition because he said the car was a collectors item.

Now here we are with a car that with no doubt has made history but for some reason people are not willing to pay for it. Hopefully people will realize.
I also want to admit, that maybe the rear end problems are to blame. I'm one of those who is entertaining jumping to the BMW m5 Side :hide:
But if the prices keep droping like that I just hold on to my beast until the market comes around.