: Can you have a TPM in a full size spare?

pmsteinm
03-14-06, 01:23 PM
I want to get a full sized spare. If I have a tire pressure monitor put in the spare will it prevent me from programming the TPM for the 4 wheels? I want a TPM in the spare so I could "rotate" it (GSD3 means I can only use it on 1 side). Also, if I had to run on the spare for a few days, I could reprogram the TPM to work with it instead.

Or will having a 5th TPM in the area prevent me from programming the other 4?

StealthV
03-14-06, 01:24 PM
The fifth sensor will work fine with your plan.

50 4Ever
03-14-06, 06:51 PM
The fifth sensor will work fine with your plan.

:yeah:

tedcmiller
03-15-06, 11:03 AM
I am not sure what StealthV meant when he said the "fifth sensor will work fine," but this is what will happen. Assuming you already have the TPMs on the ground properly programmed, the TPM in the spare will be ignored all the time, even if you put it on the ground. That is, it provides no benefit if you lose pressure in it regardless of whether it is in the trunk or on the ground. The CTS-V TPM system is designed to recognize the first four TPMs it get a signal from when in programming mode. Then, it's done. To get any use out of the TPM in the spare, you would have to reprogram the system with the spare in the four-tire sequence. Then the TPM in the tire that was replaced will not be recognized.

Dreamin
03-16-06, 12:48 AM
I want a TPM in the spare so I could "rotate" it (GSD3 means I can only use it on 1 side). Also, if I had to run on the spare for a few days, I could reprogram the TPM to work with it instead.

That is what Stealth meant would work...