: No Headroom?

mskittrell05
03-13-06, 10:22 PM
I was gettin the 04 Escalade Serviced today and i decided to sit in an 07 Escalade and there is a considerable less amount of headroom. I'm 6'9 and i had to turn my head sideways with my seat lowered all the way..This is definitely going to hurt sales for pro athletes.

Rolex
03-13-06, 10:28 PM
LOL....are you also a pro athlete?

ETA: I think a lot of those guys get their Lades modified so they can fit comfortably anyway. I'd like to sit in an 07 to compare room.

99escalademan
03-14-06, 09:23 AM
Yea all the athletes that go to unique autosport get new brackets for the seats. It hasnt hurt the sales of those high end cars, or suvs.

Dif
03-14-06, 12:25 PM
I'm only 5' 7" and when I sat in one I thought it seemed roomier but...
I did notice the seat didn't seem to go very low.
I was sitting higher than I wanted to be and the seat was at it's lowest point.
I'll be checking them out more when time allows but I do think there's some odd things about the new 07's.

hcvone
03-15-06, 06:41 AM
I was given an 07' two weeks ago to drive for the weekend, it seemed like it had more room than my 03', maybe that's because I could no keep the pedal off the floor. ;)

Falkolade
03-15-06, 02:19 PM
I was given an 07' two weeks ago to drive for the weekend, it seemed like it had more room than my 03', maybe that's because I could no keep the pedal off the floor. ;)

haha... it is quite fast, i had the chance to drive one... the engine is sweet, but when i had it in park i did think it seemed smaller... and the one thing that drives me crazy, is the lack of caddy crests on the headrests!!

Marc Kessler
03-15-06, 03:01 PM
I bet you it had a sunroof. It's a killer. I'm 6'6". The Tahoe I sat in as well didn't have a sunroof and the headroom was fine. The leg room in the 2007's is much better than the 2002- 2006.

Falkolade
03-15-06, 04:03 PM
I bet you it had a sunroof. It's a killer. I'm 6'6". The Tahoe I sat in as well didn't have a sunroof and the headroom was fine. The leg room in the 2007's is much better than the 2002- 2006.

do sunroofs really make that much of a difference?

everyone seems to say they do, but i have never had a car that didn't have a sunroof.

mskittrell05
03-16-06, 01:33 AM
there is also NO built in arm rests

Rolex
03-16-06, 07:27 AM
there is also NO built in arm rests

That's surprising, and would take some getting used to for me. I ALWAYS leave my armrest down...it makes the ride more comfortable. I don't understand why they would put plush captains chairs into a high end SUV with no arm rest. :hmm:

PeteESC07
03-16-06, 08:24 AM
That's surprising, and would take some getting used to for me. I ALWAYS leave my armrest down...it makes the ride more comfortable. I don't understand why they would put plush captains chairs into a high end SUV with no arm rest. :hmm:

It's has the center console rest and that's fine (it's huge)......geez, what you people want?.....a grandpa's rocker?:)

PeteESC07
03-16-06, 08:26 AM
haha... it is quite fast, i had the chance to drive one... the engine is sweet, but when i had it in park i did think it seemed smaller... and the one thing that drives me crazy, is the lack of caddy crests on the headrests!!

You're right it's fast.....Yesterday, I toasted a guy in a FX45 and to see the look on his face! priceless!:bouncy:

Rolex
03-16-06, 08:51 AM
It's has the center console rest and that's fine (it's huge)......geez, what you people want?.....a grandpa's rocker?:)

My 03 has the center console, and unless I do the "gangsta lean" I can't rest comfortably on it while driving. For me the chair's arm rest is much more comfortable. I don't think armrests are too much to ask on captain's chairs in a 60k+ SUV. Your mileage may vary. :rolleyes:

PeteESC07
03-16-06, 09:59 AM
My 03 has the center console, and unless I do the "gangsta lean" I can't rest comfortably on it while driving. For me the chair's arm rest is much more comfortable. I don't think armrests are too much to ask on captain's chairs in a 60k+ SUV. Your mileage may vary. :rolleyes:

Do you know how wide the center console is on the '07?.....It's frickin HUGE!....there is no room for an armrest.

Falkolade
03-16-06, 10:15 AM

hey!!! i like my lean... hah... ya i get what your saying though, and i agree fully, the lack of details in the 07, or the difference in details is what makes it ehhh... like i don't care if my headlights have the caddy crest in the bulbs... i want that crest on all my headrests... and i want an arm rest on the seat too.. i never have mine down... but the passenger always does... ok i use mine a bit..

PeteESC07
03-16-06, 02:54 PM
hey!!! i like my lean... hah... ya i get what your saying though, and i agree fully, the lack of details in the 07, or the difference in details is what makes it ehhh... like i don't care if my headlights have the caddy crest in the bulbs... i want that crest on all my headrests... and i want an arm rest on the seat too.. i never have mine down... but the passenger always does... ok i use mine a bit..

.....who cares if the Caddy logo isn't sewn onto the headrests? I don't want some corporate logo plastered all over the car....it's frickin tacky! Why don't you guys test drive a '07 before making all these ridiculous assumptions about the car.

Falkolade
03-16-06, 03:02 PM
.....who cares if the Caddy logo isn't sewn onto the headrests? I don't want some corporate logo plastered all over the car....it's frickin tacky! Why don't you guys test drive a '07 before making all these ridiculous assumptions about the car.

I did test drive an 07, and was mostly impressed by the power it had, i was un-impressed by the interior... i do want logos on my ride... i like the crests on the headrest, it adds a touch of class... if i did not care about logos i would have bought a tahoe. i will keep my 02, until caddy does the new escalade the RIGHT WAY!!! besides i like the bvlgari clocks in the 2003-2006, not the wierd clock thats in the 07, with the huge 9 and 3... thats TACKY

PeteESC07
03-16-06, 04:15 PM
I did test drive an 07, and was mostly impressed by the power it had, i was un-impressed by the interior... i do want logos on my ride... i like the crests on the headrest, it adds a touch of class... if i did not care about logos i would have bought a tahoe. i will keep my 02, until caddy does the new escalade the RIGHT WAY!!! besides i like the bvlgari clocks in the 2003-2006, not the wierd clock thats in the 07, with the huge 9 and 3... thats TACKY

.....right, like the '02-06 interior is SOOO modern and awesome.......looks like something put together from an old GM recycling plastic bin........and when you're driving, it creaks and rattles like my kid's toy chest (I test drove a '06)......I don't know how anyone could not like the interior of the '07......I have owned several models of Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes in recent years and the '07 interior ranks right up there with them.....the quality of the wood, brushed aluminum, and leather is second to none......incredible fit and finish.....it is so quiet and solid when driving, it's difficult to believe how far Cadillac has come with the new Escalade.

Falkolade
03-16-06, 04:27 PM
.....right, like the '02-06 interior is SOOO modern and awesome.......looks like something put together from an old GM recycling plastic bin........and when you're driving, it creaks and rattles like my kid's toy chest (I test drove a '06)......I don't know how anyone could not like the interior of the '07......I have owned several models of Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes in recent years and the '07 interior ranks right up there with them.....the quality of the wood, brushed aluminum, and leather is second to none......incredible fit and finish.....it is so quiet and solid when driving, it's difficult to believe how far Cadillac has come with the new Escalade.

the wood in the 07 seems nice... but then you look close like on the center console where the ashtry thing flips up... and you realize how dark the wood is... very dark... ok on black interior.... crazy on the light tan though... mines an 2002 i hear no creaks or rattles... maybe the systems up too loud though... you say "i don't know how anyone could not like the interior." hah I DON"T!!! do you feel you steering wheel everytime you get in your truck? yes... ok it feels cheap... that little piece of wood that goes around feels like an afterthought how its just stuck on... CHEAP... i like the hunks of wood at the top of the wheel and at the bottom...

i agree though it is difficult to believe how far cadillac has come with the new escalade...

they trashed a very iconic vehicle by not making it daring and bold enough...

PeteESC07
03-16-06, 04:37 PM
the wood in the 07 seems nice... but then you look close like on the center console where the ashtry thing flips up... and you realize how dark the wood is... very dark... ok on black interior.... crazy on the light tan though... mines an 2002 i hear no creaks or rattles... maybe the systems up too loud though... you say "i don't know how anyone could not like the interior." hah I DON"T!!! do you feel you steering wheel everytime you get in your truck? yes... ok it feels cheap... that little piece of wood that goes around feels like an afterthought how its just stuck on... CHEAP... i like the hunks of wood at the top of the wheel and at the bottom...

i agree though it is difficult to believe how far cadillac has come with the new escalade...

My steering wheel is very solid and has excellent feel, thank you......and it's also heated!......your version of the Escalade would have turned out to be a big, pimped-out version of the Pontiac Aztec! HA!:)

PeteESC07
03-16-06, 04:46 PM

BTW, do you know what happens when car makers decide to go "daring" and "bold"?.........look at the Pontiac Aztec, Buick Rendevous, Subaru Tribeca B9, and even my BMW 545i.......magazine editors and the vast majority of car enthusiasts slammed it.........it may attract a few new buyers but will turn off a vast majority of brand loyalists......the design of the new Escalade is a nice "evolution" of the previous model (making it more like the STS, CTS sedans).....making it fresh and elegant without being so radical as to turn off traditional Cadillac buyers........it LOOKS like a Cadillac.... not some weird, bastardized Japanese version.

ladetwin
03-16-06, 05:44 PM
IMO...:want: the 07 Tahoe (best look of the 3) looks like a larger 06 Trailblazer, the 07 Denali looks almost like a 06 Envoy Denali, and the 07 Escalade looks like the 07 Tahoe & Yukon with Cadillac badging and a bend here & there.......:confused: I would bet that GM changes some exterior mods for the Escalade & Denali for the better in 08.....as far as interior (except the 'cheap' chrome) is great, the ride, the suspension, the fit, the electronics, the performance of the 07 is FANTASTIC....just needed a better looking exterior.:rant2:

PeteESC07
03-16-06, 05:52 PM
IMO...:want: the 07 Tahoe (best look of the 3) looks like a larger 06 Trailblazer, the 07 Denali looks almost like a 06 Envoy Denali, and the 07 Escalade looks like the 07 Tahoe & Yukon with Cadillac badging and a bend here & there.......:confused: I would bet that GM changes some exterior mods for the Escalade & Denali for the better in 08.....as far as interior (except the 'cheap' chrome) is great, the ride, the suspension, the fit, the electronics, the performance of the 07 is FANTASTIC....just needed a better looking exterior.:rant2:

...well, let me ask you a question.......what do you think the new Escalade should look like to make it "better?".......a Hummer?......Virtually every "radical" or "bold" design put out by car makers in recent years have sucked big time. The Japanese have stuck with a conservative theme for years and have continually out-sold all other brands.

ladetwin
03-16-06, 06:18 PM
Hey Pete:thehand: .....I don't think your 07 has enough head room for you....:stirpot: with the size of that thing on your neck, you must bottom out and I think it must be cutting off the oxygen to your small brain:want:

PeteESC07
03-16-06, 06:21 PM
Hey Pete:thehand: .....I don't think your 07 has enough head room for you....:stirpot: with the size of that thing on your neck, you must bottom out and I think it must be cutting off the oxygen to your small brain:want:

I am rubber and you are glue..........tough guy!:nyanya:

PeteESC07
03-16-06, 06:28 PM

Seriously, let me ask you a question....What do you think the new Escalade should look like?.......you "claim" to be GM SUV owner for 30 years :eek:, so you must be a big shot with GM "knowledge" .....draw up a design of your interpretation of the new Escalade.......and I want it on my desk by 7:00 AM sharp.....tough guy! :thehand:

ladetwin
03-16-06, 06:47 PM
Pete...Pete...Pete:thehand: ....IMO, the 02-06 Escalade, looks much nicer, it has a distinctive Cadillac look fitting for a upscale SUV, the 07 does not.....:eek: the 02-06 stands out in the crowd, the 07 blends into the crowd......YES, YES, the 07 is far superior to the 02-06 in interior, suspension, performance, fit & finish, but needed a 'Distinctive' Escalade look....you ask what should or what will it look like?....it will look like an Escalde, bold, distintive, upscale,etc......:rant2: ,Pete, stay tuned, I am working on a clay model, been years since I worked with clay, may take a bit of time.....but again, must keep it a secret.................:thepan:

PeteESC07
03-16-06, 07:16 PM
Pete...Pete...Pete:thehand: ....IMO, the 02-06 Escalade, looks much nicer, it has a distinctive Cadillac look fitting for a upscale SUV, the 07 does not.....:eek: the 02-06 stands out in the crowd, the 07 blends into the crowd......YES, YES, the 07 is far superior to the 02-06 in interior, suspension, performance, fit & finish, but needed a 'Distinctive' Escalade look....you ask what should or what will it look like?....it will look like an Escalde, bold, distintive, upscale,etc......:rant2: ,Pete, stay tuned, I am working on a clay model, been years since I worked with clay, may take a bit of time.....but again, must keep it a secret.................:thepan:

......."the '02-06" stands out in a crowd"......:crybaby: ....in 2002!.....maybe today with a friggin Bentley grille, 40" wheels, and a sound system loud enough to cause a sonic boom!:eek: ..........

ladetwin
03-16-06, 07:30 PM
Pete....:thehand: whatever you say, you will blend right in with all the 07 Tahoes.......:want: just spinning your wheels and waving goodby:tisk: ....I wonder, will I or won't I....look there goes a new 07, I think it was a Tahoe, no it was a Escalade, no it was a Denali:thepan: ..... I remember when you could tell the difference...

Synergetic
03-16-06, 07:30 PM
......."the '02-06" stands out in a crowd"......:crybaby: ....in 2002!.....maybe today with a friggin Bentley grille, 40" wheels, and a sound system loud enough to cause a sonic boom!:eek: ..........

Nice!!!!!!!!
Your hatin' in this thread too.

You should be glad that with that new Bose 5.1 discrete surround sound system, you can bump your jazzzzzzz. And 40" rims? Are we talking about Escalades or monster trucks? I don't know your knowledge on wheels, or even have a knowledge - but I got 24's and don't think you can upgrade past 28" and 30" soon.

But bigger is better, as your wife says.
Jazzz on man! :thumbsup:

PeteESC07
03-16-06, 07:34 PM
Nice!!!!!!!!
Your hatin' in this thread too.

You should be glad that with that new Bose 5.1 discrete surround sound system, you can bump your jazzzzzzz. And 40" rims? Are we talking about Escalades or monster trucks? I don't know your knowledge on wheels, or even have a knowledge - but I got 24's and don't think you can upgrade past 28" and 30" soon.

But bigger is better, as your wife says.
Jazzz on man! :thumbsup:

.....it's called SARCASM.........tell your wife to look that up in the dictionary for you.:thumbsup:

Boombotz
03-16-06, 07:37 PM
Alright I am not in the mood to babysit every thread! Please play nice.

Synergetic
03-16-06, 07:37 PM
.....it's called SARCASM.........tell your wife to look that up in the dictionary for you.:thumbsup:

I'm not in kindergarten anymore. Are you?
And go stick that thumb up your @$$. :)

... and Boombotz. I'm done for the night. :)

PeteESC07
03-16-06, 07:59 PM
I'm not in kindergarten anymore. Are you?
And go stick that thumb up your @$$. :)

... and Boombotz. I'm done for the night. :)

.....oh, Nice comeback......I gotta write that one down.....can't take the heat? Fine........good night:)

In conclusion,
for those other '02-06 owners.....look, I don't HATE your vehicles like some of these clowns here would like to make you believe (look around...I have NEVER started any threads bashing the old models........but look who's starting threads here about the '07's).......like I said before, in MY OPINION, I think the '02-06 was a fine SUV and a "hot" car in its heyday but now times are different.....competition is greater and they're getting better....and I believe the '07 has the goods now to beat the competition.........but that's life, technology is always getting better........(who here believes that their old Pentium II computer is still better than computer with a AMD FX60?)......in a few years, the '08's and '09's will be out and they'll be better than my car........and I'm fine with that......I hope to upgrade to those models when they come out......How is this a bash?......It's just MY opinion.

.........PEACE.

Synergetic
03-16-06, 08:20 PM
for those other '02-06 owners.....look, I don't HATE your vehicles like some of these clowns here would like to make you believe (look around...I have NEVER started any threads bashing the old models........but look who's starting threads here about the '07's).......like I said before, in MY OPINION, I think the '02-06 was a fine SUV and a "hot" car in its heyday but now times are different.....competition is greater and they're getting better....and I believe the '07 has the goods now to beat the competition.........but that's life, technology is always getting better........(who here believes that their old Pentium II computer is still better than computer with a AMD FX60?)......in a few years, the '08's and '09's will be out and they'll be better than my car........and I'm fine with that......I hope to upgrade to those models when they come out......How is this a bash?......It's just MY opinion.

Shut up.... your very annoying.

.....oh, Nice comeback......I gotta write that one down.....can't take the heat? Fine........good night

Actually - Ive clowned you in this thread and the other thread. Every post I made in the other thread, you couldn't make a response. But lets act like adults here, or are you an adult?

Falkolade
03-16-06, 08:23 PM
sorry pete you can't compete...

PeteESC07
03-16-06, 09:13 PM
sorry pete you can't compete...

....sorry, I didn't know this was a game.......here, take this trophy, you win mighty one............what a tool :thehand:

PeteESC07
03-16-06, 09:16 PM
Shut up.... your very annoying.

Actually - Ive clowned you in this thread and the other thread. Every post I made in the other thread, you couldn't make a response. But lets act like adults here, or are you an adult?

........you are a legend in your own mind......."I've clowned you in this thread and the other thread".........what, is that some circus talk or something?:)

Synergetic
03-16-06, 09:17 PM
....sorry, I didn't know this was a game.......here, take this trophy, you win mighty one............what a tool :thehand:

Does your wife beat you or something?
What is wrong with you?

PeteESC07
03-16-06, 09:19 PM
Does your wife beat you or something?
What is wrong with you?

Nothing.......does your mother know you're not supposed to be on the internet this late.

Synergetic
03-16-06, 09:20 PM
........you are a legend in your own mind......."I've clowned you in this thread and the other thread".........what, is that some circus talk or something?:)

Clowned. No, not circus talk.

Obviously your not very in touch with the youth market. Again, another reason why you lack a knowledge and don't get along with this forum. Your like one of those old doggs who was picked on when younger, but then thinks can make a turn around in life and make a difference, but still can't.

Sorry man. I don't like you very much, besides I can crack some smiles and some humor out of people, over you.

Synergetic
03-16-06, 09:21 PM
Nothing.......does your mother know you're not supposed to be on the internet this late.

Nah. She passed away a while ago.
You should be glad your mom is still around.

How old are you, again?

PeteESC07
03-16-06, 09:29 PM
Clowned. No, not circus talk.

Obviously your not very in touch with the youth market. Again, another reason why you lack a knowledge and don't get along with this forum. Your like one of those old doggs who was picked on when younger, but then thinks can make a turn around in life and make a difference, but still can't.

Sorry man. I don't like you very much, besides I can crack some smiles and some humor out of people, over you.

....you're right....I'm not in touch with the 12-year old market very much.......you bore me, boy wonder (and it's dogs not doggs......learn to spell, moron.......you can learn can you?)

Boombotz
03-16-06, 09:36 PM
OK I warned you guys. It is OK for us to disagree on our views. We do not want personal attacks on this forums. It will not be tolerated. I asked you all to play nice and I see it didn't work. Now I will say if I see this crap continue I will start issuing some 2 day time-outs. No more, enough is enough.