: Drilled/Slotted Rotors for CTS-V

homer403
03-13-06, 10:00 PM
Prices seems good for drilled/slotted rotors $113 and slotted for $67. Made for the CTS-V.

http://www.wholesaledirectparts.com/browser.asp?Subcategory=CTS%2DV+Brembo+Calipers&Start=0&EDI=3-10-13-7-154-175-96-237-38-28-173-185-166-240-89-149-42

Does anyone have experience with these? :hmm:

Staxxin
03-13-06, 10:09 PM
They don't look like the same size rotors as stock...

homer403
03-13-06, 10:13 PM
I plan to call then in the morning... but was hoping someone have experience here. I really want slotted rotors or drilled/slotted.

Dennisscars
03-13-06, 10:25 PM
Me no likey.. if photo is representative, rears are suppose to be larger than front and don't have 5 lug, don't care for universal holes in fronts.

If it's to good to be true, it's probably not gonna stop your car at 125mph. Spend quality money on parts that keep you out of the wall.

wildwhl
03-13-06, 10:32 PM
Pass on those (something seems wrong).

Contact James @ Lindsay Cadillac and see what kind of deal he can get you on the Cadillac parts. Be prepared for a little more noise.

WW

ssmith100
03-13-06, 10:53 PM
Buy the factory GM's instead. No hassle and they look great. I would recommend painting the hubs and fins with VHT silver like I did though. No rust.

Shane

RobertCTS
03-14-06, 07:43 AM
I got my Drilled/Slotted/Cryo Treated Rotors from Cadillac MotorSports. I painted the Calipers with 2 part epoxy by G2. I used Hawk ceramic pads.

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/rotor-1.jpg

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/CADDYCAP-2.jpg

BowenCT
03-14-06, 08:00 AM
Looks a little suspect, but I suppose it's worth a phone call......

homer403
03-14-06, 12:02 PM
OK all, just got off the phone with these folks. These rotors are GM factory OEM which they drill and slot themselves. Then they plate them to protect them (so no rust on the hats). So i asked them about cracking and all, they said they stand by their product with a 1 year warranty. Hummm... sounds good, if you want slotted and drilled rotors.

homer403
03-14-06, 01:36 PM
Ok all, I just ordered 4 drilled/slotted rotors (all the way around)... for an incredible price of $261 shipped. If what they say are true, this is a very good deal. I will let you all know.

RobertCTS
03-14-06, 03:19 PM
Ok all, I just ordered 4 drilled/slotted rotors (all the way around)... for an incredible price of $261 shipped. If what they say are true, this is a very good deal. I will let you all know.

OEM Brembo rotors which are on our CTS cost $336 for 4 rotors plus S&H $57 for a total of $393. How can I guy cross drill & gas slot the rotors and Zinc wash plus cryo treat them...and sell them on Ebay for $261.:rolleyes:

Kadonny
03-14-06, 03:26 PM
OEM Brembo rotors which are on our CTS cost $336 for 4 rotors plus S&H $57 for a total of $393. How can I guy cross drill & gas slot the rotors and Zinc wash plus cryo treat them...and sell them on Ebay for $261.:rolleyes:

:yeah:

homer403
03-14-06, 03:28 PM
Robert, I thought the same thing... and THEY ARE NOT on eBay (which would be scary)... But they are reputable... They are the maker of Stop Tech.. which are very good rotors.

I figure for price, i would take a risk and see what i get. By the way, they are not cyro treated.

RobertCTS
03-14-06, 07:15 PM
Robert, I thought the same thing... and THEY ARE NOT on eBay (which would be scary)... But they are reputable... They are the maker of Stop Tech.. which are very good rotors.

I figure for price, i would take a risk and see what i get. By the way, they are not cyro treated.

Look at my post again and do the math! If your CAI or Headers or Catbacks don't work the only thing that gets hurt is your wallet. I wish you well:)

homer403
03-14-06, 10:50 PM
From another forum:

The rotors are from Italy, they are the same rotors Brembo and Baer use. Then Wholesale Parts Direct machines them for these guys and then their client boxes them up in their own packaging. These are actual PowerSlot rotors that I have. I was told if I am unhappy with them I could return them for a full refund. These are machined in Cailifonia @ the Wholesale Parts Direct facility. Being a CNC machinist myself I have done numerous job runs for diffferent clients who put their stamp on products we manufacture for them. A couple include Classic Chevy which we make their front disc brake conversion kit for 54-57 Chevys and Dawson Precision which markets speed clips and compensators which we manufacture for competition target pistols.

As for run out, yes I could check them if I bring them in to the shop but I don't think I'm going to spend the time doing that. They look like a real quality piece if you can't tell from the pics. They even have the zinc coating.

Medicineman
03-14-06, 11:29 PM
Keep us posted!!!! Looks like a decent deal!!
Guys are fooling themselves if they think Brembo manufactures their rotors all in the US. There is a TON of stuff coming out of India and China. Brembo may "drill holes" but that's as far as "US Made" goes. Your right in that most companies buy from a couple of direct suppliers.
Good find:)

RobertCTS
03-15-06, 04:39 AM
To make sure I didn't get bootleg Brembos I bought GM OEM Brembos. CMS did the drilling, slotting, zinc wash and cryo treatment for additional hardening.

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/rotor-1.jpg

Staxxin
03-15-06, 10:20 AM
From another forum:

The rotors are from Italy, they are the same rotors Brembo and Baer use. Then Wholesale Parts Direct machines them for these guys and then their client boxes them up in their own packaging. These are actual PowerSlot rotors that I have. I was told if I am unhappy with them I could return them for a full refund. These are machined in Cailifonia @ the Wholesale Parts Direct facility. Being a CNC machinist myself I have done numerous job runs for diffferent clients who put their stamp on products we manufacture for them. A couple include Classic Chevy which we make their front disc brake conversion kit for 54-57 Chevys and Dawson Precision which markets speed clips and compensators which we manufacture for competition target pistols.

As for run out, yes I could check them if I bring them in to the shop but I don't think I'm going to spend the time doing that. They look like a real quality piece if you can't tell from the pics. They even have the zinc coating.

Are they the same size as stock?

homer403
03-15-06, 10:51 AM
Yes.. they are the same size as OEM. The picture on their web site are not the actual rotors, just a representative picture. I have to agree with Robert that CMS makes some awesome rotors. But if these work out, the price is incredible and would offer everyone here an alternative for drilled/slotted rotors. Either way, I plan on bedding them properly.

CTS-VPaco
03-16-06, 12:26 PM
Awesome find. If only they were twopiece!

RobertCTS
03-16-06, 01:27 PM
Awesome find. If only they were twopiece!

CMS has 2 piece rotors available

SoFlaV
03-18-06, 08:43 PM
What's the OEM part number for these slotted rotors?

RobertCTS
03-19-06, 06:01 AM
What's the OEM part number for these slotted rotors?

My OEM Brembo rotors were not drilled or slotted. Thats an aftermarket service. I had Pete at CMS supply the Brembo rotors and cross drill/slot them. He also heat treated and cryo treated them plus a zinc wash. You can reach CMS at:
pete work
E-mail Address(es):
sales@cadillacmotorsports.com

BADAZGN
03-20-06, 06:03 PM
Did you get these rotors in yet? Did you try the pads too? I was recomened to that site by my friend. He said a lot of gus of t he Vette and Z06 forums run those rotors and love them.

Thanks

Matthew

RobertCTS
03-20-06, 06:07 PM
Did you get these rotors in yet? Did you try the pads too? I was recomened to that site by my friend. He said a lot of gus of t he Vette and Z06 forums run those rotors and love them.

Thanks

Matthew
Who are you talking to?:confused:

homer403
03-20-06, 06:27 PM
I assume your addressing me?? I have ordered them but have not received them. I plan on using Hawk pads when i have everything installed. I wil post once I get them installed.

SoCadillac
03-20-06, 07:06 PM
For those in SoCal, and for others too, here is a source for cryogenically treated / slotted performance brake rotors:

Applied Rotor Technology (ART) CLICK HERE (http://member.newsguy.com/~nutech/frames.html)
The ART Brake Kit includes gas-port slotted, cryotreated rotors along with a set of Carbon-Kevlar brake pads.

They do not list our CTS or the CTS-V, but simply email them and they can hook you up. If you want to learn more than you probably care about the process, it is on the website as well.

homer403
03-20-06, 08:25 PM
SoCadillac, I have found many places that sell drilled/clotted rotors for our car but at a steep price. These 4 rotors only cost me $261 shipped. From what I understand from the Corvette Forums... they love these... which is where I got the idea from... If these works out.. then at this price, it's a great alternative for everyone here.

SoCadillac
03-20-06, 10:30 PM
SoCadillac, I have found many places that sell drilled/clotted rotors for our car but at a steep price. These 4 rotors only cost me $261 shipped. From what I understand from the Corvette Forums... they love these... which is where I got the idea from... If these works out.. then at this price, it's a great alternative for everyone here.
Great find!!

lars464
03-21-06, 06:40 AM
While were on the subject is there any increased noise associated with doing CDR's? I think I am going to put on a set. I just hate nasty squeal's.

Redline CTS-V
03-21-06, 06:56 AM
I've had the GM cross-drilled rotors on my car for about 5,000 miles with the Hawk HPS pads (Purchased from Lindsay Cadillac :D ) and have no noise at all. I think WW complained about the cross-drilled rotors making extra noise but I haven't noticed any...

dannystang
03-21-06, 07:15 AM

Homer I am confused...

Slotted/Drilled are 113 each?

261 shipped would be for the OEM style no?

My math could be wrong?

Edit:

Scrolling down for the win.

Edit2: How are those pads?

RobertCTS
03-21-06, 07:16 AM
I get no noise at all from my CMS rotors.

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/wheel-brembo.jpg

atdeneve
03-21-06, 07:36 AM
Hawk Pads cost - 200
Slotted/Drilled Zinc Coated Rotors - 261
Hmmm...Wow!
That's quite a deal.
Should not everyone be jumping on this?
As soon as I can get a set of pads from James at Lindsay - waitin on another shipment of pads - I'm gonna be hard pressed to resist getting a set of these rotors. Especially since one of my rotors is vibratin' more than a quarter fed bed at one of them cheap roadside motels (gotta love those).
Again, hmmm...wow!

Redline CTS-V
03-21-06, 07:37 AM
Edit2: How are those pads?If this directed at me and my HPS pads, I love them... No noise, no dust, no downside so far...

homer403
03-21-06, 08:22 AM
drilled/slotted rotors have less chance of glazing... thus less chance of the dreaded squealing.

Yup.. that's $261.00 shipped price for 2 front/2rear drilled/slotted rotors. With a 1 year warranty.

BADAZGN
03-21-06, 06:49 PM
I assume your addressing me?? I have ordered them but have not received them. I plan on using Hawk pads when i have everything installed. I wil post once I get them installed.

Yes I was adressing you, sorry I figured since it was your thread.... LOL :D

Anyway I am looking forward to your results. I am going to head up this week to get a set of Hawk pads from James. Thanks for testing the water on these rotors for us!. Will have to see pictures too!

Matthew

homer403
03-21-06, 07:11 PM
BADAZGN, guess who is installing them... yup, James.

chiro444
03-21-06, 10:15 PM
Anyone know anything about the pads that are offered with the discs from this company? They're only like $65.00.

homer403
03-21-06, 10:31 PM
I decided to stick with the Hawks pads because of the low dust content. Hate cleaning the wheels.

BADAZGN
04-04-06, 08:38 PM
Homer,
These rotors come in yet? Please give us an update.

Thanks

Matthew

guyspat
04-04-06, 09:36 PM
Like everybody else I am interested to see if this deal falls in the too good to be true category so please let us know how you make out. That being said any forum member comments on the F-AXXIS Metal Master brake pads?

homer403
04-04-06, 11:12 PM
Sorry for being slow on the update. First let me say that these folks offer a very good product, you can tell from their reviews from the Corvette forum. Unfortunately, I was told last week that they still cannot get our rotors. So they credited my account and suggest that I contact them again in about a month. Drat.

Just an FYI.. I did get the Hawk Pads in the mean time from Lindsay.

thebigjimsho
04-04-06, 11:42 PM
Just an FYI.. I did get the Hawk Pads in the mean time from Lindsay.The blues???:bouncy:

blown black caddy
04-05-06, 12:02 AM
Just 2 days ago I purchased a set, front and rear cross drilled rotors from the dealer. Same Brembo rotors as stock but cross drilled! Not cheap (your looking at about 300 a pair) but it looks so much better now! I found the part numbers on a thread posted on here awhile back. I've used both cross drilled and slotted rotors on my last three vehicles without any problems! I tried Baer and Stillen first but they don't have anything avaiable yet for the CTS-V! :bigroll:

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/1990/leftfrontwheelwithcrossdrilled.th.jpg (http://img107.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leftfrontwheelwithcrossdrilled.jpg)

V-Max
04-05-06, 06:40 AM
...Hate cleaning the wheels.

You hate cleaning your car! I think it was the dirtiest of our foursome about one year ago at at VIR.

Super great price on those rotors. Be very careful if you plan on doing track days as the cross-drilled provided some weight reduction and gasing ventilation but more likely to crack and warp. If you get them hot watch for spider cracks around the holes pointing toward hub and out toward the fender. Our AMGs would crack from high heat.

Norm - no crack needed to stay with C6 ZO6s
http://www.beretta.net/board/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=9;t=261;st=180

BADAZGN
04-05-06, 06:45 AM
Sorry for being slow on the update. First let me say that these folks offer a very good product, you can tell from their reviews from the Corvette forum. Unfortunately, I was told last week that they still cannot get our rotors. So they credited my account and suggest that I contact them again in about a month. Drat.

Just an FYI.. I did get the Hawk Pads in the mean time from Lindsay.

Thanks man. I heard that was the only complaint from the Vette boards is that they are always backed up! LOL

Thanks for the updfate though. I got my hawk pas from James also, just haven't put them on yet. Hopefully this weekend.:bouncy:

Rey
04-05-06, 01:27 PM
I ordered drilled CTS-V rotors from Wholesale Direct on 3/23/. Transaction was approved. Last week received a phone call from them to the effect that they cannot obtain these rotors. My order was cancelled and refunded. The person I spoke with had no idea if and when CTS-V rotors will be available, and said their inclusion in the on-line catalog was a mistake.

trukk
04-05-06, 07:52 PM
You hate cleaning your car! I think it was the dirtiest of our foursome about one year ago at at VIR.

Norm - no crack needed to stay with C6 ZO6s
http://www.beretta.net/board/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=9;t=261;st=180

HEY NOW! You know mine was dirtiest :D

BTW, I read your Beretta Thread. I can't wait to see that on a road course. Anyone that hasn't cheched out Norm's thread yet should. C5 engine & rolling stock, mated to a Barretta unibody. LOL, nothing screams AMERICA like this project. Simply amazing :)

-Chris

V-Max
04-06-06, 08:09 AM
Yeah, I had the car since new. The GTO was not doing it in screaming WT car, so I thought I'd make a POS 18 year Beretta another life. :) Thanks for the bump.

We'll have to do a the every other year at VIR next when I get the bugs worked. :)

Norm

HEY NOW! You know mine was dirtiest :D

BTW, I read your Beretta Thread. I can't wait to see that on a road course. Anyone that hasn't cheched out Norm's thread yet should. C5 engine & rolling stock, mated to a Barretta unibody. LOL, nothing screams AMERICA like this project. Simply amazing :)

-Chris

homer403
04-06-06, 09:32 AM
Norm,

Send me some pictures... this I gotta see...