: Need Opinions on picking 22s

Sinisterj
03-13-06, 09:22 PM
Im trying to decide between two sets of wheels in 22". I am getting forge-tec wheels which are dealer upgrade wheels. I like the look of them and think that it is a clean look. I have someone that can get them for me at a reasonable cost rather than paying a ton at the dealership.:thumbsup: I was just wanting some peoples opinions on which ones everyone thinks is the best:confused:

http://www.mc2ning.com/images/0/187/187_4.jpg

http://www.mc2ning.com/images/0/156/156_4.jpg

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-13-06, 09:26 PM
The second one appeals to me a little bit more but I guess it is because I like a more stand out look. The first one would probably be less ghetto. Haha. Anyways, I would go with number two.

Thanks.

2000Escalade
03-13-06, 09:45 PM
# 1 All the way

I dont like the # 2..has a cheap look
#1 looks Nice

Falkolade
03-13-06, 09:45 PM
i like option number two... it seems unique, and not so average

LADE in the SHADE
03-13-06, 10:11 PM
I tend to lean towards the sophisticated, machined look and I really like #1. I dont really mean this to be an insult, but #2 looks too Civic to me.:) Of course only a Civic driver might be insulted, not a Cadillac driver, but I really dont have anything against a Civic. Ya know, drive what U can afford!!!!!!!

LADE in the SHADE
03-13-06, 10:13 PM
Hey Falk..... what brand is #1 Is that the forge tec or whatever you said???????

jordan00escalade
03-14-06, 12:37 AM
I like #1

Sinisterj
03-14-06, 07:01 AM
Hey Falk..... what brand is #1 Is that the forge tec or whatever you said???????

Both of these wheels are forge-tec, they are the wheels that if you went to a dealership and told them that you wanted 22"s what they would show you.

http://www.mc2ning.com/

integline
03-14-06, 03:56 PM
if you plan on lowering it #2 b/c it will look different, like some here say ghetto i think original. If u keep it at stock height go wiht #1. i have a similar style to #1. here is a pic
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c282/vikkd/IMG_0634.jpg

AZ Escalade
03-14-06, 04:24 PM
I was also thinking about the mc2ning wheels myself. They had them listed on GMpartsdirect.com, but recently I have not seen them on their site. I am having second thoughts now since I heard that the chrome has a tendency to peel and chip easily and that mc2ning did not replace or fix defective wheels, even though they were bought directly from the Cadillac dealer. If anyone has more info on this, please let me know.
Thanks.

Synergetic
03-14-06, 04:56 PM
Definetely the first wheel. The second one is too "Boyd Coddington" and less classy. And either choice, I personally believe lowering is a have to. But what kind of wheels do you have now? Your(?) truck looks clean in your avatar.

jrs05caddyext
03-15-06, 08:49 AM
#1 all the way

Surfer-Dude
03-15-06, 10:32 AM
I like #1, I'm a big fan of forged wheels b/c of how light they are and for their clean/smooth designs (Centerline, Intro etc). Not really into the bling, or heavy chrome wheels :D

Curious, but how much does the dealer charge for those wheels (or I should say how much do they over-charge, heh)?

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-15-06, 10:37 AM
I like #1, I'm a big fan of forged wheels b/c of how light they are and their clfor those wheels clean/smooth designs (Centerline, Intro etc). Not really into the bling, or heavy chrome wheels :D

Curious, but how much does the dealer charge for those wheels (or I should say how much do they over-charge, heh)?

Unfortunately, I happened to purchase my first set of wheels from the dealership for my 2005 Escalade. I paid $5,000 for a set of 22" Vogue Sessna's. I almost paid double what they are worth. I was ripped off. Please refer to the "dealership" as the "stealership".

Thanks.

Surfer-Dude
03-15-06, 10:49 AM
Unfortunately, I happened to purchase my first set of wheels from the dealership for my 2005 Escalade. I paid $5,000 for a set of 22" Vogue Sessna's. I almost paid double what they are worth. I was ripped off. Please refer to the "dealership" as the "stealership".

Thanks.
ouch, from Coral C&H? I'd be pissed if I spent that for those and saw the prices for top notch wheels like Evo line from Weld etc, let alone what the wheels normally would sell for w/o buying from the "stealership".

Sinisterj
03-15-06, 11:51 AM
Definetely the first wheel. The second one is too "Boyd Coddington" and less classy. And either choice, I personally believe lowering is a have to. But what kind of wheels do you have now? Your(?) truck looks clean in your avatar.

Im having to downgrade to 22s because the company I work for now owns my escalade and they said that 22s were the biggest I could go for appeareance issues. It was to good of an offer to turn down so it was worth the sacrifice.

I am getting them for around $1800.00 shipped

Synergetic
03-15-06, 01:24 PM
Im having to downgrade to 22s because the company I work for now owns my escalade and they said that 22s were the biggest I could go for appeareance issues. It was to good of an offer to turn down so it was worth the sacrifice.

I'm curious to know why your company owns it. I also don't want to know, to prevent from getting in your business. I wish a company I worked for would buy out my Escalade and let me keep it! :thumbsup:

Nasty Black Lac
03-15-06, 02:02 PM
if you plan on lowering it #2 b/c it will look different, like some here say ghetto i think original. If u keep it at stock height go wiht #1. i have a similar style to #1. here is a pic
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c282/vikkd/IMG_0634.jpg

Integline-

Has your rig been lowered, or is that the factory ride height with the 22s? I assume it has been lowered because it looks so nice, but sometimes I have difficulty telling...

Sinisterj
03-15-06, 03:16 PM
I'm curious to know why your company owns it. I also don't want to know, to prevent from getting in your business. I wish a company I worked for would buy out my Escalade and let me keep it! :thumbsup:

They bought out what I owed on it, its just now my company vehicle but the company pays for all the stuff for it service etc. Im an officer of the company so I am entitled to a company vehicle.

Synergetic
03-15-06, 03:23 PM
They bought out what I owed on it, its just now my company vehicle but the company pays for all the stuff for it service etc. Im an officer of the company so I am entitled to a company vehicle.

Thats a good deal. With that said - drive that thing into the ground! :thumbsup:
I guess its a good way to write off a portion of their taxes.

Sinisterj
03-15-06, 08:33 PM
Thats a good deal. With that said - drive that thing into the ground! :thumbsup:
I guess its a good way to write off a portion of their taxes.

Yes I imagine that is the idea!:shhh: But back to the post... I think I have decided I am going with #1 and try to fit 305/45R22 Goodyear Forteras:thumbsup: I will post pics when I get them on:bouncy:

integline
03-15-06, 09:35 PM
Integline-

Has your rig been lowered, or is that the factory ride height with the 22s? I assume it has been lowered because it looks so nice, but sometimes I have difficulty telling...
haha nope not lowered just good cam angle. also big tires

Sinisterj
03-17-06, 07:28 AM
Can you do a 2/3 drop with 305/45/R22's?

Black Beauty 03 ESV
03-17-06, 08:51 AM
I think # 1

integline
03-20-06, 12:56 PM
u know a drop wiht the 45's maybe kinda hard. Currently i am like an inch away from hitting the windshield wiper fluid box. if you want to lower it you should maybe lower it first then go and but buy your rims and tires. this way u can test it wiht a 40 and 45.
Or instead of lowering it you could just use that 800 for 24's