: Should I Get A V???

avijay
03-13-06, 08:29 PM
I'm thinking about getting a V buy am not sure after reading all the complaints. I will be using the car as an everyday driver not to be put on the track or dragged raced down the quarter mile. I put on about 25K miles per year.
I used the search but for some reason couldn't find anything so please excuse me if this is a repost, or just send me the link to this question.
Thanks for the heads up and let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Luna.
03-13-06, 08:32 PM
What complaints are you referring to specifically?

avijay
03-13-06, 09:01 PM
It seems that everyone complains about the rear diff hear leaking or just going bad very prematurely. I don't know if this is b/c they are driving very aggressive or not. Also I've been reading about computer problems as well. If I'm wrong, set me straight b/c I would love to get one of these cars if they don't have any issues. The forum just seems to reflect otherwise though.

dqw1
03-13-06, 09:06 PM
Mine's a daily driver and I don't run hard off the line much and no real complaints. Every once in a while I think I have 200hp and have to convince myself otherwise. Find an empty country road and floor it. Sometimes show someone who thinks they're fast what the V can do. It's 400hp stock everyday. Take heed of the threads you've read and this car can treat you right.

DILLIGAF
03-13-06, 09:29 PM
Plenty of good in the forum.27,000 miles 12,000 with the maggie.Stock diff,drive it like I stole it everyday.The diffs have warrantys just like the rest of the car.Get it,mod it,enjoy it.

Dennisscars
03-13-06, 10:13 PM
Nah... should get a Prius, they are dependable, no axle hop, hand brake, great gas mileage, smooth shifting, you'd be doing your part for the environment and chick's dig 'em...http://www.calstatela.edu/faculty/sfelsze/Prius.gif
http://www.clean-auto.com/IMG/jpg/priuscourse.jpg

Dennisscars
03-13-06, 10:23 PM
For you nay sayers...
"Accelerating to 100 km/h in 8.7 seconds"
http://www.autovia.com/noticias/imagen/Toyota_Prius_GT_1min.jpg
http://www.e-mcafee.com/noticias/noticias_int.php?ampliar=9

The 1.5-litre engine, in conjunction with the electric motor (which can be compared to an electric supercharger), now returns 145 DIN hp, a figure that beats every other 1.5-litre diesel or petrol unit currently on the market. In addition, specific power comes close to 100 DIN hp per litre.

Improved body and chassisimagen
To match the increased power output, the whole suspension system - shock absorbers, springs and stabiliser bars - has been uprated to provide sharper handling and improved grip. In addition, the hybrid battery has been positioned over the rear axle to provide near-perfect weight distribution that a conventional car would struggle to match.

The addition of a front spoiler and side skirts generates extra downforce and provide a more aggressive look.

For racing, the whole interior of the Prius has been stripped out to save weight and replaced by two sports seats, harness and a safety roll cage.

As a result the total weight of the Prius GT is just 1,120 kg, 180 kg less than the production version.

Gordy Petrovski
03-13-06, 10:27 PM
LOVE MY V MY daily driver 24,000+mile,14,000 with my Mag. This car makes me smile every time I run through the gears. It's not perfect but DAM she sure is FUN.

BadCad
03-13-06, 10:50 PM
People dissatisfied with their car(s) usually are more vocal then those who like 'em.) I am one of the silent minority; I happen to like the V and think it is one of the best driving cars I've ever owned. I don't abuse it, don't drag everyone I come meet at the light (but sometimes can't resist to put someone away who thinks they're big sh1ts.) You can't go wrong with the V and the warranty is there in case there is. You could do a lot worse by buying German or Asian....

V-SATX
03-13-06, 11:13 PM
Forget the issues posted; take care of her and she will love you back. If she gets hurt, simply fix her under waranty. The V is by far one of the best "MUSCLE" cars ever produced by a "US" automaker in 20 years. To own one is to own a true legend. JMHO:thumbsup: :worship:

theformer
03-13-06, 11:30 PM
I'm a new owner - just over 1,000 miles on the ODO. I love the V. The lines are distinctive, the power is amazing and the handling puts a grin on my face over and over.

Does it have flaws? Of course - all cars do. But, if you are looking for a luxury car with amazing power you do not have to look any further.

Good luck.

GAGS-V
03-14-06, 12:11 AM
Daily driver here, love the car. Go try one and see if you can't buy it!

heavymetals
03-14-06, 05:17 AM
Go drive one and then try to convince yourself that you don't want it.:thepan:

NOCTS-V
03-14-06, 07:54 AM
I've had my V 6 months, love driving it, get lots of looks and comments. It has been in the shop for a radiator replacement under warranty, no problems in and out. The warranty is long at 48K. The biggest issue is the warranty servicing dealer IMHO. If you have a good service manager and supporting management jump in and enjoy a car that few on the road can match.

Kadonny
03-14-06, 08:10 AM
I am about ready to love my girl in 3 days. Picking her up on Friday. Same boat as you, daily driver for me.

I plan on driving it hard, as it was meant to be driven.

A few pics of the car after it rolled off the carrier:

http://www.geocities.com/kldonny/OffTruck2.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/kldonny/OffTruck1.jpg

avijay
03-14-06, 08:35 AM
Great feedback. Thanks for the info. I will have to go test drive one. Also can you convert the XM radio to Sirius and keep the factory look?

Kadonny
03-14-06, 09:26 AM
Great feedback. Thanks for the info. I will have to go test drive one. Also can you convert the XM radio to Sirius and keep the factory look?

Sort of. They make a converter to convert the system itself to Sirius, the problem is that you still have to run a sirius antenna and deal with that wire.

Dave-V
03-14-06, 10:03 AM
My '04 is a daily driver with 34K. The only warranty issue was a weepy tranny seal and weepy diff seal. Other than that it runs like a top. I have had several German sport-luxury sleds, '01 E55, '00 540 sport, etc. and the V is the best IMO. Buy one. :)

Dennisscars
03-14-06, 10:13 AM
I am about ready to love my girl in 3 days. Picking her up on Friday. Same boat as you, daily driver for me.

I plan on driving it hard, as it was meant to be driven.

A few pics of the car after it rolled off the carrier:

http://www.geocities.com/kldonny/OffTruck2.jpg

Look boys.... a car BEFORE mods!
Congrats.. so what's your first mod?

Kadonny
03-14-06, 10:40 AM
Look boys.... a car BEFORE mods!
Congrats.. so what's your first mod?

Hehe, take a good look because my car in stock form lasted all of about 24 hours. Dealer probably has the car apart as we speak installing the Corsa, FG2 and spectre bushings :thumbsup:

ctsvflorida
03-14-06, 11:02 AM
To add to all the hype! I looked at and drove many cars before buying the V and it impresses me every time I drive it! Like someone else said, go and test drive it, and then tell us you don't like it! You'll probably come home with it!

04CTSVforMe
03-14-06, 01:46 PM
To chime in one more opinion, I LOVE my CTS-V. It is all-around the best car I've ever had, and I totally enjoy it.

In my opinion, any example of any given model of vehicle can have more or less problems than any other. Drive one and form your own opinion, don't base it on what you read on the internet (for any car actually). You may have problems (like some) and you may not (like others incl. me), but buying a different car does not mean you will not have the same or other problems.

I will concur that the Eagle F1 Supercar tires wear too quickly, but knowing that going in should be part of your overall cost expectations.

urbanski
03-14-06, 02:32 PM
Hehe, take a good look because my car in stock form lasted all of about 24 hours. Dealer probably has the car apart as we speak installing the Corsa, FG2 and spectre bushings :thumbsup:
do NOT let them drill holes in that beautiful bumper :(

Kadonny
03-14-06, 04:00 PM
do NOT let them drill holes in that beautiful bumper :(

I am on it Urbanski :highfive: . Told them no front plate and no dealer badges.