: Take a Ride With the DopeStar....

DopeStar 156
03-13-06, 06:06 PM
Washed, waxed, vacuumed, all the winter filth I removed from my '89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance today. Here's a few shots of how she looks right now. Also I was bored, so I made a video of a typical ride in my Caddy, complete with blasting remix of Marilyn Manson's "The Beautiful People." Haha there's a scene where I'm a dork and rock out on camera for a few seconds. Enjoy!

Vid....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkHki8lEjOk

Pics.....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1989%20Fleetwood%20Brougham/caddyfrontcorner.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1989%20Fleetwood%20Brougham/caddyrightside.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1989%20Fleetwood%20Brougham/caddyrearcorner.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1989%20Fleetwood%20Brougham/caddyass.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1989%20Fleetwood%20Brougham/caddycornerlamp.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1989%20Fleetwood%20Brougham/caddyhoodwax.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1989%20Fleetwood%20Brougham/caddydelegancenew.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1989%20Fleetwood%20Brougham/caddygrille.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1989%20Fleetwood%20Brougham/caddyfins.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-13-06, 08:32 PM
Oh man I am jealous!! She's looking even more beautiful and that vid should make for some good entertainment.

P.S. What temp is it there? It looks a LOT better than MN right now!!

turbojimmy
03-13-06, 08:46 PM
Oh man I am jealous!! She's looking even more beautiful and that vid should make for some good entertainment.

P.S. What temp is it there? It looks a LOT better than MN right now!!

It was low 70s today in NJ. Very nice. I put all 3 of my working windows down (thanks Cadillac!) and opened the sunroof. Blasted "Am I Evil" off of Garage Inc. for the neighborhood to hear. As if the Corsa wasn't enough, James Hetfield screaming "AM I EVIL? YES I AM!!" really scatters the women and children.

DopeStar that car really cleans up nice. Looks like the day it rolled off the assembly line. The Marilyn Manson made your ride kind of creepy, in a good sort of way.

Jim

brougham
03-13-06, 09:17 PM
That was neat. I have to make a movie like that sometime but with different music.

caddycruiser
03-13-06, 09:23 PM
Very, very cool...that hood ornament view has always been my favorite:thumbsup:

And even though a bit muffled and not sounding so great...you've reminded me to get some Manson put on the MP3 player...:)

DopeStar 156
03-13-06, 09:40 PM
I'm really pleased with it too. I have been dying to clean her up and since the weather was just perfect for it, I decided to go for it. Haha the music sounded funny because the camera was sitting on the dash and picked up the vibrations from the speakers since they're dash mounted. I am a sucker for Industrial remixes though. That song gets me all pepped. The part where I pointed the camera at myself wasn't planned I just felt it at that very moment. LOL! I know, I'm a dork. I used the motion video setting on my crappy ass digital camera so the video is of poor quality, but that's why I put the pics up. :D

caddycruiser
03-13-06, 09:45 PM
Still very cool...and also makes me wish I had gotten the chance to get some fresh pics and even video of my new '95 when I was home last week and finished cleaning it and doing some little mods (like a new door panel piece and a new '96 center console).

Oh well...one more month...and yours does look TERRIFIC by the way, even if it is an "old" one:thumbsup: Easily one of the nicest!

DaveDeVille
03-13-06, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the vid. I had a great time watching it and your Cad is beautiful!

DopeStar 156
03-13-06, 10:36 PM
Still very cool...and also makes me wish I had gotten the chance to get some fresh pics and even video of my new '95 when I was home last week and finished cleaning it and doing some little mods (like a new door panel piece and a new '96 center console).

Oh well...one more month...and yours does look TERRIFIC by the way, even if it is an "old" one:thumbsup: Easily one of the nicest!
I think with youtube.com it's likely we'll be seeing a lot more vids on here. It's like Photo Bucket for vids. Most digital cameras have a motion video mode so anyone with one can do it. If my cheap chunk of crap camera does it then I'm sure all the others do. Thanks for the Caddy props by the way!

Jonas McFeely
03-14-06, 01:19 PM
pretty sweet,though ithought it would have been tighter with some Young Jeezy or Billy Preston or maybe even a little Michael McDonald.Dont get me wrong i like Manson(or used to when i was younger),but i cant stand when they butcher it with all the techno and weird sounds and all that jazz.Whatever,i like those scenic roads.They dont have those where i live.

caddycruiser
03-14-06, 02:16 PM
pretty sweet,though ithought it would have been tighter with some Young Jeezy or Billy Preston or maybe even a little Michael McDonald.Dont get me wrong i like Manson(or used to when i was younger),but i cant stand when they butcher it with all the techno and weird sounds and all that jazz.Whatever,i like those scenic roads.They dont have those where i live.

I totally disagree on the music (but I am still very young...:) ), but do agree on the roads. That's sure a view of Jersey I've never seen before, then again, all I have seen is the Turnpike on my way to NYC...so I guess that's a bit biased of a view:rolleyes:

Jonas McFeely
03-14-06, 02:39 PM
I totally disagree on the music (but I am still very young...:) ), but do agree on the roads. That's sure a view of Jersey I've never seen before, then again, all I have seen is the Turnpike on my way to NYC...so I guess that's a bit biased of a view:rolleyes:

Yeah im even younger than you.Manson was more a of a "hey i listen to marilyn manson,look at me" type thing for me.Only songs i really like by him are "down in the park" and a couple songs off of the dope show. I dont know what it is,my music tastes shifted more from metal and whatever to rap and 70's funk.I listen to alot of Moody Blues and older stuff like that,but i also listen to dudes like Young Jeezy and 3 6 Mafia,so my tastes vary as you can see.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-14-06, 03:27 PM
AH I love the look behind that loooong hood!

caddycruiser
03-14-06, 03:49 PM
Yeah im even younger than you.Manson was more a of a "hey i listen to marilyn manson,look at me" type thing for me.Only songs i really like by him are "down in the park" and a couple songs off of the dope show. I dont know what it is,my music tastes shifted more from metal and whatever to rap and 70's funk.I listen to alot of Moody Blues and older stuff like that,but i also listen to dudes like Young Jeezy and 3 6 Mafia,so my tastes vary as you can see.

Oh, I feel ya:thumbsup:

DopeStar 156
03-14-06, 03:53 PM
I genuinely like Manson. I've been into him for like 8 years now. I was hooked when I was taken to go see him during his Antichrist Superstar tour in 1997. No show I've been to since then was that great and I've seen him a grand total of three times.

I just had the TCC Solenoid replaced this morning and wow, what a difference. I use a lot less throttle to move this car and the shifting is silky smooth. It feels like the car has one magical gear since I never feel it shift (I can hear it though, it's shifting haha...) Now it drives as good as it looks. I am super pleased. All that's left to do is a louder muffler, a new hood ornament, and the headliner.

96Fleetwood
03-14-06, 08:26 PM
:thumbsup: Nice ride

CoupeDevilleRob
03-14-06, 09:10 PM
That video makes me want to stick a camera on the dashboard and film my own French Connection chase. There's an elevated subway in my neighborhood and I have raced the train a few times, like at 2 AM when the streets are dead. The only problem is the train stops like every 6 blocks, in the movie Gene Hackman was chasing an express. It gives me an idea though. BTW, that hood without the chrome strip down middle seems foreign to me. It's still an awesome hood though.

caddydaddy
03-14-06, 09:19 PM
Gorgeous Caddy! Cool video too!

DopeStar 156
03-14-06, 09:42 PM
That video makes me want to stick a camera on the dashboard and film my own French Connection chase. There's an elevated subway in my neighborhood and I have raced the train a few times, like at 2 AM when the streets are dead. The only problem is the train stops like every 6 blocks, in the movie Gene Hackman was chasing an express. It gives me an idea though. BTW, that hood without the chrome strip down middle seems foreign to me. It's still an awesome hood though.
You live where I used to live!!!! Bronxdale Ave/Morris Park Ave!! Right next door to the Triboro building. Go look up my old house!!!!! Take a pic for me. Haha.

CoupeDevilleRob
03-14-06, 10:15 PM
You live where I used to live!!!! Bronxdale Ave/Morris Park Ave!! Right next door to the Triboro building. Go look up my old house!!!!! Take a pic for me. Haha.

I never knew you were a Bronx boy, even if you are from Morris Park, LOL! I don't exactly live where you did, I live in Pelham Bay (I was referring to the 6 Train), but I know exactly where you are talking about. If I get a chance I'll ride by and take some pics.

DopeStar 156
03-14-06, 10:47 PM
Cool. It's a red brick house, two family. We lived upstairs, my grandparents lived downstairs. THree generations of my dad's family lived in that house, we moved when I was 4.

Benzilla
03-16-06, 09:49 PM
That paint is gorgeous! What cleaner/polish/wax do you use? also, it looks like you need to condition your top, maby its just the pics.

BTW I thought I would be the only person that would like both Marilyn Manson and Cadillacs... I guess I was rong haha.

DopeStar 156
03-16-06, 10:29 PM
What's funny is Manson's a Lincoln fan. Haha. And his dad had an early 80's RWD Coupe de Ville. I used I think it was Merguiar's spray on wax. The top is just about a year old, I had it replaced last year. I haven't done anything to it because every time I wanna condition it I always hear whatever I'm gonna use is bad for it. If someone knows of a good stuff to buy for the top I will get it and use it everytime I wash. I've heard some awful stuff about things that cook the top and stuff like that.

pimpridein
03-16-06, 10:32 PM
I use a 2 part cleaner conditioner made by classic soft trim .It works real well for me. Check www.classicsofttrim.com

DopeStar 156
03-16-06, 10:48 PM
http://www.mr-shine.com/images/Trim_and_Leather_Renewer.jpg
This is the stuff I use. My friend Jenny's dad gave it to me. He uses it on the seats in his Lincoln Continental. He's a fan of my car so he gave me a bottle. I put a quarter sized blob in my hand and rub it into the seats and the door panels and it gives them a nice glaze and softness. I use my hand because I was told that using a cloth absorbs the oils in the stuff and it doesn't make its way into the leather. Since your hand contains natural oils, it doesn't absorb the leather's and instead put it back into the seat. I have two lint free cloths that I never used though. It says on the bottle Vinyl, Leather, Plastics, and Rubber but I haven't put it on my top. Think I should start?

CaddymanTom
03-16-06, 11:38 PM
I have been very happy with believe it or not, Mop N Glo. I works wonderfully. Nice shine and no oily residue and it dosen't come off onto the sides when I wash the car. I am not to fond of the smell but that goes away about 1/2 hour after you apply it.

CaddymanTom
03-16-06, 11:40 PM
Oh btw I loved the video and the pics. Was out in my 87 today with the roof open and the 80's station playing on my XM radio

Jonas McFeely
03-16-06, 11:41 PM
I use Armor All on my top. Is that bad?

Benzilla
03-16-06, 11:45 PM
How did you find out that stuff about Manson? Its sory of cool that his father drive a early 80s Coupe, seeing as I have one and all...

I use meguiars NXT interior protectant on my caddy's top, is there anybody that knows if this is bad? I've also used "son of a gun" in the past, and maby something from eagle one.

Oh, and what sound system do you have in your Caddy dopestar? I mean like what brand speakers and stuff.

DopeStar 156
03-16-06, 11:45 PM
I use Armor All on my top. Is that bad?
I was told Armor All cooks tops, but since you're replacing yours, no damage done really.

DopeStar 156
03-16-06, 11:53 PM
How did you find out that stuff about Manson? Its sory of cool that his father drive a early 80s Coupe, seeing as I have one and all...

I use meguiars NXT interior protectant on my caddy's top, is there anybody that knows if this is bad? I've also used "son of a gun" in the past, and maby something from eagle one.

Oh, and what sound system do you have in your Caddy dopestar? I mean like what brand speakers and stuff.
I've read his autobiography The Long Hard Road Out of Hell more times than I can remember. His dad became a manager of a furniture or appliance store I think and to celebrate he bought himself the coupe. Manson's first car was a Ford Galaxie 500 which he also mentions in the book. Manson's Lincoln preference is well shown in his videos. In "The Dope Show" video he's riding in the back of a 98 Town Car limo, in the "Tainted Love" video he shows up in an early 60's Continental lowrider that's all gothed out, and in the video for his song "Come White" he's in a 63 Continental convertable limo but then again he's portraying Kennedy in the motorcade and that's the exact same car he was riding in. Manson said in an interview when asked about the lowrider in the "Tainted Love" video he mentions a liking for Lincolns but Manson's not really a car guy at heart.

My entire audio system is completely stock from the headunit to the speakers. The only thing not is the Radio Shack $20 tape adapter and my $90 Sony MP3 CD Walkman. The CD Walkman has an equalizer in it that I have specifically tuned (being a music obsessor and all) so it sounds downright perfect through the Caddy's Symphony Sound set up. I spent a good half hour in there setting everything the first time listening and making fine tunings on the CD Walkman. I'm a perfectionist, it's both a curse and a blessing....

Night Wolf
03-17-06, 12:09 PM
Heh, that video makes me think back to my big driving video with the '79....

http://inoventionseast.com/1979%20DeVille/big%20testDV.wmv

Ah well...

Its looking nice :).

DopeStar 156
03-17-06, 03:30 PM
Heh, that video makes me think back to my big driving video with the '79....

http://inoventionseast.com/1979%20DeVille/big%20testDV.wmv

Ah well...

Its looking nice :).
Haha you were actually my inspiration for that video. Thanks for the props!

Night Wolf
03-17-06, 03:35 PM
The best product for vinyl.... dash and stuf... and espcially vinyl tops... but also great for plastic, rubber and leather....

Aerospace 303 protectant.

It cleans, it makes everything look and feel like new, not artifical glossy or anything, but it is an amazing product...

perhaps the best thing about it.... its like applying sunblock to your car! The Aerospace 303 is a special formula that blocks UV rays... which is what ruins the dash and the top and all that... I put it on my top, and it dosn't run or anything like normal vinyl cleaner.... it is truely amazing stuff.

DopeStar 156
03-17-06, 03:39 PM
I will definitely pick up a bottle of that stuff. I wanna protect my top since it is like brand new. My dash is also uncracked and I'd like to keep it that way.

brougham
03-17-06, 03:56 PM
I use non silicone dressing for the vinyl roof and the dash and the door panels in my car. I think that's all it's called because it just comes in really big containers that you have to pour into smaller ones to use. But you might be able to get it in small bottles already. It's sort of a light green or blue colour. it's stuff that's silicone based that's bad.

KaddyKat
03-17-06, 04:19 PM
wish Dope would change his sig line so people can look at the thread:stirpot:

DopeStar 156
03-17-06, 05:19 PM
wish Dope would change his sig line so people can look at the thread:stirpot:
Wish in one hand...... :lildevil:

I shrunk it a little....

caddycruiser
03-17-06, 06:29 PM
303 is TERRIFIC for the interior, and is pretty much the only thing I use, but isn't so great for exterior stuff. Mainly because it simply washes off, even with just morning dew. I had that issue for a while when I used it on the top of our '93, as every morning we'd start driving to school, and as the dew rolled off, so did some of the 303, leaving runs down the back window.

We're currently using Mop N' Glow (actually, it's a different brand, but the same stuff), and it seems pretty good. Doesn't run off like the 303 and definately forms a slicker, more durable surface...but still needs re-applied at least after a few washes.

The only other one that's been suggested by a lot of people to me is this:

http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=285

It's apparently a pretty common brand at some auto parts stores like AutoZone, but I never made it around to check. I was told it forms a very durable protective coating on vinyl tops, and lasts for a while...probably a little better than the Mop n' Glow. Hope to find some at the store this summer to try.

KaddyKat
03-17-06, 07:00 PM
I use RaggTopp Vinyl Protectant, does not streak, NO silicone and protects
againsy uv, fading and cracking.