View Full Version : FRP Help!! ASAP!!

Rarehunter X
03-13-06, 02:37 PM
Hey guys, I need help ASAP. I'm working on my fathers 94' Eldorado Touring Coupe and we need help replacing the FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator).

He said that there is a small cap or valve that needs to be pressed in order for the pressure to be relieved so he can replace the part, we are having a hard time locating the said valve and I was wondering if anyone here could please help me locate it. All I need to know is what it looks like and where it is. Also if there is a help thread already made about this please tell me where.

Thanks, please help.

03-13-06, 02:48 PM
if it is the steel fuel rail it will be on the end of it. looking at it from the front of the car its the side closest you on the right take the little black cap off and press the valve in the center.

03-13-06, 03:19 PM
...and it looks like a tire valve...just so you know what to look for! Just be careful when you press in the valve, gasoline under pressure is dangerous!

03-13-06, 04:32 PM
Go to the Tech Tips section. There is a "How To" with pictures. As mentioned, when you relieve pressure, hold a rag over it as it will spray an oz. or so of gas at about 45 psi.

03-13-06, 04:41 PM
edit: :D

03-13-06, 04:53 PM
If it helps others trying to help him.. this is a pic of what he's looking at with a 94 Eldorado.

as I recall... on a 94, it's nowhere near there. It's right next to the throttle body. Look for a small pipe just going to nowhere, with a cap on the end.

er... it might also be a "T" on the fuel connectors. I do know it's on the driver's side, somewhere near the throttle body.

03-13-06, 09:44 PM
Oops, '94. Yeah that's not like the one shown. '94 is inside the manifold. Sorry.