: Anyone use "regular" plug wires in N*?

ED's85GT
03-13-06, 09:24 AM
I have a brand new still in the box set of performance universal (cut to lenght needed) spark plug wires. They just have the regular spark plug
boot, not the one that the N* uses.
What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Ed

PS: 1995 Concours

auroradude
03-13-06, 10:31 AM
No dont use them. My mechanic even tried to cheapo his way out and put Borg Warner wires on, and it missed and hesitated etc with them. Use only delco plugs and wires

eldorado1
03-13-06, 01:18 PM
How are you going to plug it into your spark plugs if they don't have the correct boot?

ED's85GT
03-13-06, 02:32 PM
How are you going to plug it into your spark plugs if they don't have the correct boot?

I Have the Accel 300+ universal fit wires, they have the straight spark
plug boot, at the other end you can install your choice of boots.

The problem is that these don't have the correct boot to seal the
hole that the plug is in. You can see on the right side of the pic that the orange
plug boots are the straight type.

eldorado1
03-13-06, 03:21 PM
Probably not a good idea. Once some moisture gets in the spark plug holes, you'll be arcing and misfiring.

btw, magnecore has some nice stock style wires for the northstar... I think they're about $140.

tactical64
03-14-06, 10:58 AM
I have used the Belden branded wires from Napa for over a year on my caddy. My original GM wires had been baked because of the small crevice under the engine cover at the front. The Belden wires fit very well and came complete. The performance is excellent and the rubber after a year still looks and feels to be solid and in good conductive condition. They were 80.00 as I recall.