Cadillac Owners Forum banner

jerky Gear changes Need your opinion

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  lamrith 
#1 ·
Dear All ,

I Have recently purchased a 2006 STS-V and have noticed a few things in it which i need to confirm as i am new to the brand and specially the car so i am not sure if its normal or not.
the most concerning thing is that some times specially under hard breaking you can feel the car kinda jerk in to second and kindy jerk hardly in to first is this normal or not and this does not happen always ?? and should i be concerned ?? the car has a 110,000 kilos on it and i do not think the last owner did any service for the gear.... would like owners opinions

#7 ·
Also if you have no proof that the Trans fluid has been changed out in the car's lifetime, keep in mind the maintenance schedule calls for 80,000 km. if you're not sure, do it. I've seen on these forums where jerky shifts have been cured by doing this. You probably should go ahead and do it anyway so do it and see if it helps.

#11 ·
Thanks guys, I remember reading a thread that had a huge back and forth about servicing transmissions and that it was not needed, etc.. Maybe that was for the regular sts.

GREAT, my car has 86K km on it, and I have no documentation the PO had it done.:mad2: Any idea what it normally costs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.