: Y hello thar!

Swine
03-12-06, 09:20 PM
Just thought I'd introduce myself. Just purchased an 03 Escalade, and will pick it up in a week or two. Been lurking mostly in the Deville section, but now I get to hang with the beautifull people in the cool section:worship:

Anyway, just thought I'd apologize ahead of time for asking way too many stupid questions! I'll start out with:

It's an 03, but pretty high miles, almost 80k. Anything to take special care when inspecting before the vehicle is released? The carfax came back clean, but you never know. Do these 6.0's last? Is 77,000 miles alot of miles for the 6.0? We don't drive more than 15k per year, so I'm hoping these were highway miles.
Just like my Deville, I bought it on E-bay. Hoping to hear from folks who have "been there an done that!"

This is just the first of many stupid questions:alchi:

Is an extended warranty available? What really sold me on Cadillac has been their customer service.... what sold me on the escalade was the loaner they gave me while my deville was in the shop, and a new baby:)

Synergetic
03-13-06, 04:50 AM
You the man. Congratulations on your new baby and your new purchase. Definetely a great choice.

As YOU probably know -
I would ensure that the vehicle has been well taken care (i.e., frequent oil changes, allignments, etc.). This will help you keep that baby running longer and longer! And on your part, you should make sure that you're doing the same. For lifetime and performance reasons! ;)

Good luck!! Be sure to post some pictures when you pick it up.
And welcome to the ESCALADE side of the website.

hcvone
03-13-06, 09:21 AM
Congrats on your 2003. 77k is high for AWD, but if the oils were changed it maybe fine. My 03' has 29k on it and yes you should be able to get extended warranty. :)

jrs05caddyext
03-13-06, 09:56 AM
I had 69k miles on my 2002 last year and never had a problem. Good luck with you new toy.:welcome:

slk230mb
03-13-06, 10:08 AM
77k is high for AWD, but if the oils were changed it maybe fine. :)

Oh, don't tell me that, but I have changed the gear oils...

Congrats Swine.

hcvone
03-13-06, 10:52 AM
Oh, don't tell me that, but I have changed the gear oils...

Congrats Swine.

And that can make a huge difference to the diffs and the trans compared to not changing your fluids. :)

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-13-06, 07:41 PM
Post some pictures when you get the Escalade and congratulations. Welcome to the better side of the family.

Thanks.

Sinisterj
03-13-06, 10:31 PM
Welcome! Im sure you will enjoy your new escalade!