: Eradispeed brakes squealing!! HELP!

loanman
03-12-06, 08:29 PM
For all of you out there that have Eradispeed +1 rotors on the front of your escalade are you experiencing any squealing at the end of your brakeing? I installed them on my 03 and broke them in just like instructions say and after about a month they started to squeal ( with stock pads). I then bought Bosch ceramic pads to put in and the squeal went away for about 2 months and now it is back!! Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there better pads out there? Please help it is driving me nuts! :bonkers:

fast66
03-12-06, 08:56 PM
For all of you out there that have Eradispeed +1 rotors on the front of your escalade are you experiencing any squealing at the end of your brakeing? I installed them on my 03 and broke them in just like instructions say and after about a month they started to squeal ( with stock pads). I then bought Bosch ceramic pads to put in and the squeal went away for about 2 months and now it is back!! Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there better pads out there? Please help it is driving me nuts! :bonkers:

i bought the same pads with my +1, im getting squelling all the time. Im going to wait a few more thousand miles then change them for some better pads.

loanman
03-12-06, 11:31 PM
i bought the same pads with my +1, im getting squelling all the time. Im going to wait a few more thousand miles then change them for some better pads.

What are you looking to change them to? I was told that these are some of the quietest pads out? Were they wrong?

notinblue
03-13-06, 01:56 AM
I have the upgrade but no squealing on original pads, though you may consider grinding the narrow edges of the pads down to allow less drag. I have seen this done before by a local mechanic, he says he gets less comebacks for noise when he does a brake job.:bouncy:

loanman
03-13-06, 02:05 AM
I have the upgrade but no squealing on original pads, though you may consider grinding the narrow edges of the pads down to allow less drag. I have seen this done before by a local mechanic, he says he gets less comebacks for noise when he does a brake job.:bouncy:

grind down what edge? The sides, front and back? grind back at an angle? I would like to try, could you elaborate for me.

notinblue
03-13-06, 02:07 AM
the narrow edges of the pads only, I guess that would be considered the sides, and yes at an angle.

loanman
03-13-06, 02:22 AM
I'll give it a shot! Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

hcvone
03-13-06, 09:24 AM
My last 2 Z06's had +1's, I used Hawk HPS street pads and had no squeal, I have not heard any of my customers that have +1's have any squeal with their stock ceramic pads. :confused: :confused:

fast66
03-13-06, 01:25 PM
i just think these are cheap brak pads, i am going to get those greenstuff thingies next

hcvone
03-13-06, 01:47 PM
The Caddy stock 03' and up pads are really pretty good for stock pads, my last 6 Suburban's and Grand Cherokee's all needed front pads before 15k miles, with me driving, what can I say, the Escalade has 30k on the pads and they still have half the thickness left. :) You may need more stopping power for larger wheels.

loanman
03-13-06, 04:10 PM
I started with the stock 03 pads and that is when the squealing started. I then bought the Bosch pads because they were supposed to be quieter but after about 2 months it started back up again. Maybe I will switch to the hawk pads.

hcvone
03-13-06, 05:24 PM
You will get more brake dust with the Hawks, but I know a squeal is way worse. :(

clubrph
03-13-06, 07:30 PM
hello i have the hawk pads lts on the front and hps on the back and they work perfect. and i am ridding on 26 inches. try going with the hawk pads they don't squeal. thanks.

integline
03-14-06, 05:05 PM
also try the ebc green pads. i have never used ttehm personally but i know lots who have and were very happy although none had a big suv.

loanman
03-14-06, 05:15 PM
Thanks guys for all the help! I appreciate the feedback. I think I will try the Hawks and go from there.

loanman
03-17-06, 02:14 AM

Fast 66, I think I figured out the brake problem. I am not sure it was the pads as I think the problem is the little metal piece that the ends of the pad slide on to. I took it off and put some of the brake no squeal that you put on the back of the pad and it stopped squealing. I know this is what it was because I only did the left side not knowing that was it and I got squealing only from the right. I later put the brake no squeal on it put the wheel back on and no more squealing!! I couldn't be happier! Give it a shot before you put new pads in, it's a lot cheaper if it works! Good Luck.

loanman
03-17-06, 02:15 AM

Fast 66, I think I figured out the brake problem. I am not sure it was the pads as I think the problem is the little metal piece that the ends of the pad slide on to. I took it off and put some of the brake no squeal that you put on the back of the pad and it stopped squealing. I know this is what it was because I only did the left side not knowing that was it and I got squealing only from the right. I later put the brake no squeal on it put the wheel back on and no more squealing!!:thumbsup: I couldn't be happier! Give it a shot before you put new pads in, it's a lot cheaper if it works! Good Luck.

fast66
03-17-06, 02:32 PM
Fast 66, I think I figured out the brake problem. I am not sure it was the pads as I think the problem is the little metal piece that the ends of the pad slide on to. I took it off and put some of the brake no squeal that you put on the back of the pad and it stopped squealing. I know this is what it was because I only did the left side not knowing that was it and I got squealing only from the right. I later put the brake no squeal on it put the wheel back on and no more squealing!! I couldn't be happier! Give it a shot before you put new pads in, it's a lot cheaper if it works! Good Luck.

Thanks Ill try that, I hope it works for me too

trodder
10-17-07, 03:26 AM
Where they squeaking all the time even when you were NOT braking? My 03 seems to squeak all the time at any speed.

Guyz1996deville
10-19-07, 02:22 PM
I have the hawk pads. Burnished them in properly and I do have a small squeeal. Maybe when you get brake dust that causes some chatter or something. I figured I woudl just wear them out and keep them clean. It drives me nuts.