: Sears Point Outing Wed 4/19....

ctsvinman
03-12-06, 06:05 PM
A friend of mine who just got a Charger SRT8 is setting up a Wed night Drags at Sears Point on April 19th. There will be a few SRT8's in attendance, what other "V" brothers would like to meet me there or drive up together.....? For us mostly stock V's all data points to those Auto-only Chargers being a little quicker in straight line 1/4 mile times..... but heck, I'm not going down without a fight!

I have a few friends planning on going, one with a 2004 Supercharged Cobra Mustang and another with an RT Viper.

We're going to leave the South Bay (San Jose area) early and all head up there together to eat a late lunch and have a beer somewhere. Then head to the track as soon it opens, I'll post more details later and in email.

If you'd like to go email me offline so I can get a head count.

vferrante@ewingfoley.com

VinMan out....:bouncy:

Dreamin
03-12-06, 07:48 PM
The Wed night events at Sears are CROWDED as heck... you'll hardly get any runs... You get a LOT more runs at Sacramento raceway.

But what the hell... i'm in. :thumbsup:

ctsvinman
03-12-06, 09:38 PM
Yes Dreamin.... I know...I know..... When I had my 6-speed 98SS Camaro I took it to Sears Point when it had 800 miles on it bone stock, I only got 2 runs that night and I was there until the end. I ran a.... I think 13.56 @ 107mph or 13.65 @ 107.....:thumbsup:

I went to Sac twice... one Saturday I ran at least 15 times down the track. In fact, I would run back to back to back and then compare 3 slips. Then I would let it cool down and do it again, it was a Great day with very little cars :bouncy:

Then another time we went to Sac on a Sat and it was so windy you couldn't talk to the guy standing next to you, plus..... it seemed so many cars broke down that day spilling oil and stuff all over the track, we only got 2 or 3 runs...:rant2:

Good though, looking forward to meeting you. Email me off line so I can start an email "group" file for this event.

L8

ctsvinman
03-14-06, 11:08 PM
Just doing a "BUMP" I'll do this once more in march then I'll BUMP it a couple times is April to get a proper head count.

So far I have 2 other CTS-V's confirmed.

VinMan out......

ctsvinman
04-18-06, 02:03 PM
Games on, I'm in for sure. I'll be there with my SRT8 Charger buddy so hopefully a few other V's will show up.

I plan to be there at 3pm or a little earlier. Items to pack: lunch, "cold ones", Helmet, tire guage and shoe polish. Plus, some ICE to cool down the intake as long as you take off the plastic engine cover

My email is: vferrante@ewingfolwy.com
Email me if you plan to show up and send me your cell phone number

To race, the line starts at 2:30pm, gates open at 3:30pm. Racing is 5-10pm but I believe it starts earlier.
http://www.searspoint.com/news/drag_racing_news/506083.html
800-870-RACE. (870-7223)
Last count, 4 of us were going.

Dreamin
04-18-06, 06:33 PM
Sorry... i'm out... too much going on at work :(