: Nav problems

LV_V
03-12-06, 06:00 PM
I can't seem to get my navigation to work after they replaced the stereo/nav unit a few months back (just haven't worried about it because I haven't used it and forgot to tell the service dept about it last time V was in). It still shows the red arrow representing my car on the map and shows the correct orientation, but its in the middle of the pacific ocean off the coast of northern california. Could it possibly be that the antenna lead is not connected? What else could cause this?

ctsvett
03-12-06, 09:16 PM
I would check the nav antenna lead first... thats easy to check.. Just slide the radio out... Its easy to forget to connect that (dealers....).

Reed

theformer
03-13-06, 08:22 AM
Also, check to make sure your Nav is set to the right "zone." The manual has information on how to set it and includes a map to assist you with it. If memory serves, it determines some sort of offset so that the system places you properly in the map.

Good luck.

LV_V
03-13-06, 08:36 PM
Good call on the antenna wire. I pulled the nav/stereo and had to fish around behind the instrument cluster with a bent metal coathanger to grab the antenna lead. Dunno why it was back there, but nav works now!!

ewill3rd
03-14-06, 06:15 AM
CTS units start out just outside of LAX when you power them up.
When they didn't plug in your antenna lead it started you there and you drove out into the ocean.
Glad you got it fixed.