: sway bar or stabalizer bar?

03-12-06, 04:16 PM
hearing a clunking sound up front when i go over bumps. my buddy said it's either my sway bar or stabalizer bars. anybody have any clue of which of the two this problem is?

03-12-06, 07:54 PM
It is more likely to be the control arm bushings than the sway bar or stabalizer bar (same thing different name). The bushings can be replaced though it is not cheap I think it was around $500-$600 (but I think I had other stuff done as well) labor is intensive and it is not likely a do it yourself job because the bushings have to be pressed out with a arbor press.

Hope this helps

Matthew Meyer