: Switched Power '00 escalade

porkadobo
03-12-06, 02:46 PM
Hey there, long time lurker here. I'm wiring an iPod into my brother's 2000 Escalade. We're using the PAC adaptor to get the line in and a Belkin Auto Kit to power the iPod. I'd like to wire it so that the Belkin powers down when the truck is turned off. I was hoping to tap into the power at cigarette outlets, but they are always on. Does anyone know if there are any switched lines behind the dash that are accessable? I figure I'd ask here first before I start digging with my DMM. I was thinking of doing a relay to the amp trigger line at the head unit, but that doesn't turn off until the doors are opened. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Herb

slk230mb
03-12-06, 02:52 PM
:welcome:

If he has the sun roof, the switch should be on a switched power on lead.

porkadobo
03-12-06, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, great forums you guys have here. No, he doesn't have a sunroof. I'm surprised that the auxilary power outlets are not switched. I'm also surprised that there is no switched line behind the head unit. I guess all the integration in the truck makes it that way. I'm curious, those of you running an aftermarket head unit out there...does your system stay on until the doors are opened?

Hey SLK230MB, I take it you've have an SLK? A buddy of mine just picked up an SLK430 6 speed, nice ride!

slk230mb
03-12-06, 03:07 PM
No SLK for me, just a dream 8 years ago when I was 12 and needed a screenname, its stuck ever since.

stoveken
03-14-06, 10:50 PM
hi there there should be a retained accessory relay [raps] in the dash fuse panel. this relay provides power to the radio until the door is opened. i will look to see what terminal to connect to. good luck, jim stoveken

porkadobo
03-15-06, 07:31 PM
Jim, if you could figure that out I would appreciate it.