: Had to lay the smackdown on a TL!

chiro444
03-12-06, 11:13 AM
Going along a two lane freeway access road approaching a stoplight which was red with nobody waiting. An Acura TL was next to me and just ahead of me and makes a lane change right in front of me with no signal as we're approaching the redlight. :rant2: I pull up next to him and it's some suit blabbing on a cell phone. He knew I was pissed by the look I gave him and pulled forward, inching as the light got ready to turn green. Light turns green and we both punch it. No contest as I pull past him in first gear and pull quickly into his lane to give him a little taste of his own medicine. :thepan: He looked surprised as I went by him so easily. I don't think he knows what hit him! :tisk:

04CTSVFLA
03-12-06, 11:47 AM
this happens to all of us on a daily basis - racing slow cars that have no chance - I just think most of us just not to post kills which were NO CONTEST. But....good kill I guess.

Kidhummer
03-12-06, 12:43 PM
i Beat a viper...yeppp... a 1994 Rt-10 red viper. I have a stock 06 V...I was driving on a 2 lane road approaching a red light. There was a viper at that light....I never stopped I just slowed down. The road is about a 1/4 mile long and then the two lanes merge into one. Light turned green and i WOT'd it...he accelerating about a second after me... He was trying so hard to box me in before the road merged into one lane... At the end of the road I was in front...it looked like that famous badboy's scene with the porsche turbo and cobra minus the wall....If there was a wall he would have hit it.. Then this douchebag from his rage goes into oncoming traffic and swerves into meafter I let go of the gas already...Then I showed him thumbs down and he signaled for me to pull over. So i pulled over and thjis little horse jockey (literally) gets out of the car. Im ready to beat his ass and he says-----> damn that thing is quick..what u got in there? I was like, it is just a regular CTS...Schmuck..haha

moldowan
03-12-06, 02:00 PM
'94 vipers have 400hp
try a new srt-10, 510 hp and 535ft. lbs of tq it will be much different <G>
-Moldy

Kidhummer
03-12-06, 02:14 PM
I know but it was still fun : )

1fstkde
03-12-06, 02:28 PM
Going along a two lane freeway access road approaching a stoplight which was red with nobody waiting. An Acura TL was next to me and just ahead of me and makes a lane change right in front of me with no signal as we're approaching the redlight. :rant2: I pull up next to him and it's some suit blabbing on a cell phone. He knew I was pissed by the look I gave him and pulled forward, inching as the light got ready to turn green. Light turns green and we both punch it. No contest as I pull past him in first gear and pull quickly into his lane to give him a little taste of his own medicine. :thepan: He looked surprised as I went by him so easily. I don't think he knows what hit him! :tisk: shouldnt pick on little kids!!!! lol...love those tl. g35s etc!!! never learn...

Luna.
03-12-06, 02:55 PM
I pull up next to him and it's some suit blabbing on a cell phone.

I loathe 95% of all people who chat on their cell phones while driving. Why? Because substantially all people who are talking on their cell phones are NOT focused on driving which SHOULD AND NEEDS TO BE the center of their attention. These people drive me insane...:rant2:

Devil_concours
03-12-06, 06:33 PM
tl owner probably thought it was a regular cts.

fig32
03-12-06, 07:35 PM
tl owner probably thought it was a regular cts. Some of us TL owners can tell the difference between a V and a regular CTS. Hey pick on someone your own cubic inches won't you buddy:rolleyes:
The funny thing about a TL is the included bluetooth integration for hands free cell. It works great in mine and is one of the features I will really miss when I get my V. I am getting a silver V next month and getting rid of the TL. That TL driver probably had no clue about the bluetooth built into the car.

Has anyone successfully installed or integrated a phone into the V? I will hate giving up that feature but 400hp will make me forget pretty quickly.

Mark

V-Max
03-12-06, 08:51 PM
I had a 300C sitting behind me at a stoplight in lane one of two with his better half in the passenger's seat. Four hundred feet past the intersection both lanes narrow to one. The traffic in lane two turned to the left and as I am just slowing shifting from 1st at about 2000 RPMs, the HIDs of the 300C swoop to my left in the open lane and he is on it and so am I. I start spinning the midway(30F and perf. tires) of 2nd as he is still hanging off my left bumper at about 8 o'clock I quickly short shift into 3rd. The dashed center line has ended and he is still there. When I went into 3rd on a slight bend the TC came on and the rear kicked out toward the 300C about 4-6". Enough to scare me. When the TC settled down the GTO shot off ahead in the single lane. The 300C backed completely out of it...I am sure he got an ear full! :)

Norm - who needs another V8 car!
http://www.beretta.net/board/ib3/iko...=9;t=261;st=90