Cadillac Owners Forum banner
764 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Hardataq 
#1 ·
Hello, my name is Chris. I recently wrecked my 99 GSX Eclipse because some stupid kids decided to drive like idiots, and they rear-ended me doing 100+mph, I'm okay, but I needed a new car. I was pretty fed up with the rough ride, and lack of comfort that it had. It was fast, but not the best thing to drive around the streets of Muncie. So I decided to go the luxury route, and after looking at BMW's, Mercedes, etc. I wound up with a 4.9l 1992 Cadillac Eldorado TC. It's a one owner car, perfect inside and out. Here's the pictures...

It's interior is just as flawless as the exterior. As I said it was a one owner car, and the previous owner was an older gentleman who kept it in the garage most of the time. It rides perfectly, the only thing that was wrong with it was that I need a new Bose headunit (PM me if you have one for sale), and new brake pads in front, which I fixed yesterday. I'm loving it so far, and I'm sure I'll really enjoy it when summer comes...now if it only had the Northstar...

-Chris

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome Hardataq!

Very sweet looking Eldo! When you find a nice one that has been gingerly cared for and adult owned grab it fast!
Here is a link you may find useful (VIN decode info for the 92')
1992 Eldorado Data
The TC option is nice to have and makes it a little more special. Good luck. Thanks for signing up with us.
:welcome:
Paul

#6 ·
Sharp car. You made a good choice! :thumbsup:

Don't be too sad about not having the Northstar. If I'm not mistaken, the 4.9 still ranks as one of Cadillac's most reliable engines (in terms of warranty repair that is). Just be religious about changing the coolant every couple of years, and using the sealer pills from GM, and you'll be golden for a long time.

#7 ·
Wow, thanks for all the compliments! That VIN decoder is going to be a nice resource as well! I just got the windows tinted today, which really cleaned it up. I'd like to get some stock chrome wheels off of an STS or somthing at a later date, it's all black and chrome except for the wheels, and it could really use some chrome wheels to even it all out. Thanks again for the compliments!

-Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.