: Amusing electrical issue.

Jesda
03-12-06, 08:03 AM
I was at Midas a few weeks ago getting an estimate on the BMW's exhaust. While I waited, I went to 7-11 to get a doughnut and coffee. I walked across the right turn lane to go back to Midas and a grayish lavender Chrysler Sebring JX/JXi convertible came to a gradual stop to make a right turn, braking a couple times. It kept honking at me as it was stopping, as I was crossing the street.

I threw my hand up like "WTF MAN?"

Then she threw her hands up and shrugged like "I DUNNO! Sorry d00d!"

I then realized her Sebring had the rare but amusing "honks when braking" electrical issue that I once read about a few years ago. Whenever the brake pedal is pressed, the car lets out a brief honk.

http://q45.spilky.com/gallery/d/1443-1/overhead.jpg

JimHare
03-12-06, 09:01 AM
Actually, I find the most troublesome part of your post to be the fact that there appears to be a street in your neighborhood named "Fee Fee Road"...

CIWS
03-12-06, 09:07 AM
"Honks while braking" issue ? Eww that sucks. I would have to have it fixed imediately, if not sooner. Until then I think I would disco the horn. To hell with it not passing inspection at that point. It's better than having Jesda throw his hands up and you with a major WTF MAN ! ;)

Patrick7997
03-12-06, 10:25 AM
Yeah, no kidding, pull the leads from the horn until it's fixed.....

Jesda, I like the complete "crime scene diagram" there, very nice....

Tailfin
03-12-06, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I'd rip that out... and not go to a place like NYC where there's a $500 fine for honking. There are enough people that honk with no reason...don't need the cars doing it too.

slk230mb
03-12-06, 10:48 AM
Actually, I find the most troublesome part of your post to be the fact that there appears to be a street in your neighborhood named "Fee Fee Road"...

:yeah:

bobkat
03-12-06, 01:42 PM
Geez...

I would hate to be driving a car with the "honks while braking" problem and I pull up behind a flock of Hell's Angels stopped at a red light. :eek:

Rolex
03-12-06, 03:42 PM
Geez...

I would hate to be driving a car with the "honks while braking" problem and I pull up behind a flock of Hell's Angels stopped at a red light. :eek:

:histeric: :yeah:

When I was a kid I recall my parents Buick would roll down the right rear window every time the car made a left turn. Or maybe it was the left rear during a right turn......:hmm: :p

terrible one
03-12-06, 11:01 PM
Hahaha that diagram made me laugh.

illumina
03-12-06, 11:13 PM
My brother's '86 Monte Carlo SS had a similar problem. He just unplugged the damn horn.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-12-06, 11:48 PM
ahahahahahahahaha!

Thats "Chrysler engineering" for you!!

70eldo
03-13-06, 04:00 AM
OMG Jesda, you make me laugh!

mccombie_5
03-13-06, 11:33 AM
We always had trouble with the electrics in our Jaguar, it was a '91 XJ12, dad bought it new, but used it alot and it was well cared for, it wasnt garaged in the later years, but parked in his work, which was a warehouse, it had been parked under a leaky roof and water had gotten in somewhere.

Whenever the car was put into any forward gear the reverse lights came on, and whenever the car was put into reverse the hazard lights used to come on.

We never realised until we were at a junction with a car behind us, dad put the car into D and the car behind started blasting his horn and lashing lights. We got out to ask whats wrong and he said "why on earth are you reversing"

That was amusing at times.

boricuacaddy
03-13-06, 12:07 PM
Fee Fee road! LMAO!!!

David

Sandy
03-14-06, 11:03 AM
Taupe Metallic Fee Fee Road? Any Poodles Around ??

DLE
03-14-06, 04:29 PM
lol. that would suck if you hit the brakes and the horn would go off 'everytime'. lol.

I too, would rip that damn horn off!