: WANTED: '85 Nintendo.

DopeStar 156
03-12-06, 03:49 AM
So far I'm bidding on two on ebay but I keep getting outbid! I'm gonna drop the sob story on you guys and say I never had one.... All my friends had them and I never did.... I want one now since they're just as popular now as they were back then. Anyone got one they wanna get rid of if this ebay shit don't go through for me? The situation with these is everyone's got them but they still play them. Ahh I want one!!!

http://i20.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/70/ce/69_1.JPG

Spyder
03-12-06, 06:10 AM
I sure do have one, and I sure don't want to get rid of it. The damned games cost almost as much now as they did back then, at least all the good ones that matter...but its a helluva good time! Get one, you'll love it!

danbuc
03-12-06, 09:48 AM
Hmm...this makes me wanna go lookin for mine again. I had one, and I had some cool games too. I had the Mario/Duck hunt game with the hand gun, as well as Zelda with the Gold colored Catridge (great game), plus a few others I can't remember. I went looking for them a few months ago, but couldn't find it. I know it's around somewhere....:hmm:

Tailfin
03-12-06, 11:22 AM
Ehhh... Yeah I have one...somewhere...and yeah, they are cool if you want the nostalgia aspect, complete with blowing warm air on the contacts to get it to work, then you'll have to track one down. If, however, you're happy with just playing the games, then emulation rocks. A game controller for the PC, and you can have their entire legacy of games on one DVD. Don't think Nintendo cares about royalties anyway on something that old. If you're not familiar with that scene, shoot me an e-mail (nethaven@hotmail.com), and I'll hook you up.

Now then...

Disclaimer: For any ROMS, you must own the cartridge of the game in question. If you do not, you must delete it within 24 hours. Circumstances apply herein, including but not limited to notwithstanding, void in any month that has a vowel in it, yada yada yada...

gary88
03-12-06, 12:43 PM
I know I have one, I just have NO idea where it is. Probably hiding somewhere in my attic. I have a Sega Genesis too, but the controller port is broken :banghead:

I just got xbox 360 a month ago so it's all good :thumbsup:

DopeStar 156
03-12-06, 01:01 PM
Oh I have like 20 emulators on my computer but mostly Super Nintendo, Genesis, Blue MSX (A Japanese system), Arcade Machines, and an NES one but the NES one. The problem with emulators now is you simply can't find the ROMS anywhere. That's why a lotta people are just snagging up the consoles. These things can be fixed to work perfectly, all you gotta do is open it up (Which is exponentially easier than opening up say a PS2) and replace the 72 pin connector with a new aftermarket one.

So far I'm still winning this one which is the one I pictured above.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8265678461&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

Spyder
03-12-06, 01:15 PM
Betcha it goes up a whole lot more than four bucks!

Playdrv4me
03-12-06, 01:34 PM
Oh I have like 20 emulators on my computer but mostly Super Nintendo, Genesis, Blue MSX (A Japanese system), Arcade Machines, and an NES one but the NES one. The problem with emulators now is you simply can't find the ROMS anywhere. That's why a lotta people are just snagging up the consoles. These things can be fixed to work perfectly, all you gotta do is open it up (Which is exponentially easier than opening up say a PS2) and replace the 72 pin connector with a new aftermarket one.

So far I'm still winning this one which is the one I pictured above.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8265678461&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

The ROMs are there you just have to dig a bit. If your interested my friend actually BUILT AN ARCADE CONSOLE with an official Arcade picture tube and everything and combined it with a PC with MAME. He has every single NES, Genesis, Super NES and I believe even N64 and Neo.Geo rom. Every NES one would probably fit on a single CD or two.

illumina
03-12-06, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I still have mine too. I would'nt get rid of it for anything (save for a new Cadillac or something). Hell, I also have my SNES and between the two systems, I still have over 30 games (I think).

Dope, if you can, try and find the ultra-rare top loader Nintendo...Hehehe...

JC316
03-12-06, 02:44 PM
I have got everyone beat so far. My systems:

1.Nintedo Entertainment System. THE BOMB in it's day. Saving you game is for sissies, you get a password if you are lucky. Blowing on the contacts and pulling the cartridge out a hair to make it work is a part of owning one. I will never forget this system.

2. Super NES. I had to have one because my rich friend had one. Two games defined this system. Super Metroid and Donkey Kong Country. I also remember hours of ass kicking at mortal kombat. I have 6 controllers and only 2 work due to temper tantrums.

3. Sega Genesis. Never had much use for this system, but the rich friend got sick of it and gave it to me.

4. Sega CD. This thing is ALOT of fun. Part of owning it is getting to the end of Space Ace and having it hit a scratch, there is no word to describe the HATRED for this glitch.

5. Playstation 1. See Sega Genesis, I loved having a rich friend.

6. N64. Zelda and Hexen were the best. I have spent HOURS playing Co-op in Hexen, me and the rich friend beat it at least 50 times. I am also undefeted in deathmatch, 25 wins 0 losses, no one wanted to play me anymore, so I retired as champ. Zelda was just the best game ever.

7. Dreamcast. The graphics were mind blowing. Soul Calibur and Resident evil code veronica. UNFREAKING BELIEVEABLE.

8. Gamecube. Resident Evil 4 and Metroid. Any questions?

9. Xbox. HALO, me say Haaaaloooo, kick elites ass and then we wanna go home.

I would NEVER part with any one of these systems, I still play all of them to this day. There are too many happy memories stored in all of them. They are worth more to me than any price on Ebay. Anyway long post, but I still had to brag about my enormous video game collection. Getting a NES now, just isn't the same as having Santa Clause bring it to you on Christmas morning.

Spittin Game
03-12-06, 03:15 PM
Mike Tysons punchout OWN3D!!!

CoupeDevilleRob
03-12-06, 03:27 PM
Yes!!! I'm not alone in being the only loser who never had NES as a kid. My parents always pulled that "you're too young" crap. Christmas 1990 I finally got Super Nintendo from my grandfather. That guy was the man, because of him I got Super Nintendo and my Cadillac, the two best gifts I ever received. I'd love to have an NES now, I'd probably have more fun with it than my Playstation 2. BTW, I still play my Super Nintendo, nothing can top early 90's gaming action!

Tailfin
03-12-06, 04:22 PM
Yeah I have every NES and SNES game, I think. If you use eMule, you can download the whole set. I was into the emulation bit when it was as easy as websites. I actually downloaded all of PlasticMan's site, practically, not a week before it went down :D.

Most of those old systems can be very accurately emulated because of their simplicity. They still aren't "true emulation," having the software precisely duplicate the hardware, but it's very impressive. With today's PCs, even N64 can be emulated to a perfectly usable extent by "fixing" the code by trial and error, assembly hacking, and a bunch of other crap I have no time to learn how to do... I like the ROMS because there are tools and techniques for customizing them. FF6, my all-time favorite, I have patched up with the original difficulty idiosyncrocies, some bug fixes, and I even went through the dialogue as DIRECTLY translated from the Japanese version (someone did a whole text on that), and it's surprising what a difference some of them make in the potency of the game. The American translation wussed out. For one example, those of you that played the game, when Kefka kills general Leo and says "HATE, HATE, HATE!"...It's supposed to be "DIE...DIE...DIE!"....I suppose that was too violent for our version...boo hoo...:rant2:

DopeStar 156
03-12-06, 07:56 PM
I got outbid on that one, but I found this one instead.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-Entertainment-System-w-Tetris-NES_W0QQitemZ8265676086QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

This one was at least guarenteed to work. It's missing the light gun and the Mario Bros./Duck Hunt game which I did want, but I can always pick those up no problem. I'm also gonna pick up a spare 72 pin just in case I need it. I should have this one all wrapped up in under an hour. Wish me luck!

illumina
03-12-06, 08:52 PM
2. Super NES. I had to have one because my rich friend had one. Two games defined this system. Super Metroid and Donkey Kong Country. I also remember hours of ass kicking at mortal kombat. I have 6 controllers and only 2 work due to temper tantrums.

Damn you!!! My Super Metroid doesn't work anymore. I have been looking for a new cart. You forgot about the single best racing game of all time: Super Mario Kart. That game still kicks ass and I still have my Bowser records for fastest time trials. Get me on the two-player and I'll never get off of it.

As for the single best series of games for me: Castlevania! All three of them for the NES and I still have them. I also have Metroid for the NES that I just stumbled upon at the local thrift store. I bought it for $0.99!

Night Wolf
03-12-06, 09:45 PM
You never had NES?!?!?!? OMG....LOOSER!

LOL!

I still have my origanal NES and load of games... then I found a very rare top-loader NES with dog bone controller.... the top loaders got rid of the contact problem the NES had....

That is the only thing I wish I brought from NY with me, that I left.... it's still in NY.... I'll get it though when I go back this Summer.

Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 are the best.... soooooooooo many good games.

Graphics today may be life like and interactive... but video games just totally lost the spirit they used to have. NES was probably the best damn system in that aspect. Man, good times.

DopeStar 156
03-12-06, 09:55 PM
I got it and I practically stole everything because I bought it all in pieces. I got the console for $11, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt for $5, the controllers and all the cables for $26.50, and a new 72 pin connector for $10 because the console was sold "as is" so there's no guarentee it works. I still gotta find a light gun though so I can play Duck Hunt. For a grand total of $52.55 for everything and I still beat out the cheapest NES complete set by $30. They start out cheap but by the time the auction is ending they usually let go for close to $80 following trends I've been seeing. I'm very pleased.

Console, $11.00
http://i1.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/e6/c8/a2_1.JPG

Cables/Controllers, $26.54
http://i21.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/70/72/f8_1.JPG

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt/Track Meet, $5.03
http://i22.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/80/e3/ae_1.JPG

New 72 pin connector replacement part, $9.98
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/10054384/Images/NESpinNEW.JPG

patfarrell
03-12-06, 10:27 PM
I was just going to tell you that you could have mine, I just put it in a trash bag last night and was going to throw it away. Donít know if it still works but I think there was a few games to and a power pad I will dig it out if you want it.

DopeStar 156
03-12-06, 10:52 PM
Actually if you wanna help me out, I'll take it anyway. I don't even care if it doesn't work because for like $10 I can get another 72 pin and get it running again. Everyone I know has more than one just in case they break. Get back to me because I'd be glad to have the extra stuff. Where in NJ are you, I could swing by and pick it up if you're not too far. Thanks a whole lot. :D

patfarrell
03-13-06, 12:02 AM
I am in central jersey by Great Adventure Jackson Area.

DopeStar 156
03-13-06, 12:29 AM
I am in central jersey by Great Adventure Jackson Area.
Could you PM me an address?

JC316
03-13-06, 02:31 AM
Damn you!!! My Super Metroid doesn't work anymore. I have been looking for a new cart. You forgot about the single best racing game of all time: Super Mario Kart. That game still kicks ass and I still have my Bowser records for fastest time trials. Get me on the two-player and I'll never get off of it.

As for the single best series of games for me: Castlevania! All three of them for the NES and I still have them. I also have Metroid for the NES that I just stumbled upon at the local thrift store. I bought it for $0.99!

Ah, I forgot about Mario Cart. I never bought it, but I rented it ALOT. Super Metroid is HARD to find now days, I have seen them go for over $100 in mint condition on Ebay. I have one of the hardest NES games to find, Metal Gear. Got it at a thrift store for $3.00 bucks. I never was a fan of the Castlevania series, they were just too slow at first. I do miss the old school style of gameplay, whats wrong with a 2d side scroller on a 3d console? Those were the days when you weren't concerned with 50 hours of gameplay.

DopeStar 156
03-13-06, 02:55 AM
I LOVE Metal Gear! I have all the PlayStation versions and Metal Gear AC!D for my PSP! Ahh I gotta find that one for my new NES.

brougham
03-13-06, 03:14 PM
I just got a Nintendo 64 on ebay a couple weeks ago because I wanted one but I never had one. It came with a whole bunch of good games too :) We have a Nintendo but I haven't used it in a long time and I don't even know if it works right anymore. And I have a Super Nintendo and Game Cube. Super Mario Kart is my favourite Super Nintendo game. I played it more then any other game.

brougham
03-13-06, 03:30 PM
I got it and I practically stole everything because I bought it all in pieces. I got the console for $11, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt for $5, the controllers and all the cables for $26.50, and a new 72 pin connector for $10 because the console was sold "as is" so there's no guarentee it works. I still gotta find a light gun though so I can play Duck Hunt. For a grand total of $52.55 for everything and I still beat out the cheapest NES complete set by $30. They start out cheap but by the time the auction is ending they usually let go for close to $80 following trends I've been seeing. I'm very pleased.

Console, $11.00
http://i1.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/e6/c8/a2_1.JPG

Cables/Controllers, $26.54
http://i21.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/70/72/f8_1.JPG

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt/Track Meet, $5.03
http://i22.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/80/e3/ae_1.JPG

New 72 pin connector replacement part, $9.98
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/10054384/Images/NESpinNEW.JPG

But those other ones you were looking at were around $36. That's a lot less then $80. Glad you got everything you wanted tho. I know it sucks when you can't find what you're looking for.

DopeStar 156
03-13-06, 06:17 PM
Right but with shipping and everything they came to close to $80. You'd be surprised how much they go up in the last few seconds of the auction. People wait 'til there's like seconds left and they bombard them. That's what happened with my controllers and hook up cables. I woulda had them for $15 but some jerk tried to outbid me in the last 5 seconds and ended up making me spend an extra $10.

brougham
03-13-06, 08:52 PM
So they wanted $40 to ship them?? What a rip off! I had that happen to me too when I was trying to get some controllers for my Super Nintendo. It was a good price and all but then at the last second it just shot up. I could have bought them new for how much the auction ended for. I haven't bothered looking for them again I guess I should.

ShadowLvr400
03-14-06, 10:03 PM
I have got everyone beat so far. My systems:

1.Nintedo Entertainment System. THE BOMB in it's day. Saving you game is for sissies, you get a password if you are lucky. Blowing on the contacts and pulling the cartridge out a hair to make it work is a part of owning one. I will never forget this system.

3. Sega Genesis. Never had much use for this system, but the rich friend got sick of it and gave it to me.

4. Sega CD. This thing is ALOT of fun. Part of owning it is getting to the end of Space Ace and having it hit a scratch, there is no word to describe the HATRED for this glitch.

5. Playstation 1. See Sega Genesis, I loved having a rich friend.

6. N64. Zelda and Hexen were the best. I have spent HOURS playing Co-op in Hexen, me and the rich friend beat it at least 50 times. I am also undefeted in deathmatch, 25 wins 0 losses, no one wanted to play me anymore, so I retired as champ. Zelda was just the best game ever.

7. Dreamcast. The graphics were mind blowing. Soul Calibur and Resident evil code veronica. UNFREAKING BELIEVEABLE.

8. Gamecube. Resident Evil 4 and Metroid. Any questions?

9. Xbox. HALO, me say Haaaaloooo, kick elites ass and then we wanna go home.

Gotcha beat.... Drop the Xbox, I have PS2 instead. (Not a Microsoft fan.) Then toss in 3D0... How's that for an oddball?

And as to the guy who started this thread, I might be willing to part with my NES collection. It's a dust collectoer these days.

DopeStar 156
03-14-06, 10:14 PM
And as to the guy who started this thread, I might be willing to part with my NES collection. It's a dust collectoer these days.
What do you have?

JC316
03-15-06, 02:03 AM
I had an Intellivision, but I sold it back at Christmas. I also have a single game Atari pong system, but I don't really count that as a system because you only have one game. I forgot my Gameboy advance too.

Surfer-Dude
03-15-06, 02:07 AM
lol, funny I saw this thread. I went through some old boxes the other week and found my NES packed up. I don't even remember the last time I played it. Think I was like 3 or something when I got it as a present, I'll be 24 in May so wow, can't believe how long I've had it. Have a sh!tload of games to, at least 50 including the original Metal Gear, Super Metroid, Gold versions of Zelda and Link and others I'm sure that are rare. Went through the box and remember some pretty sweet games like Jackal (the truck/war game), Guerilla War (which was badass b/c I remember you could always die and start right back where you were, no temper tantrums with that game lol), Solar Jetman, Skate-Or-Die, Double Dragon etc. Even found my Game Genie thing.

Though I don't care what anybody says, Contra owned back in the day :thumbsup:

Tried hooking it up but I guess being packed for so long broke the power cord, have to buy one. And before anyone ask, no none of it's for sale lol, actually looking foward to getting it working again and playing it.

Spyder
03-15-06, 02:34 AM
Jackal, if you want to get rid of it, I WANT IT!!! If anyone has Contra, Super C, Paperboy, I want them. Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers I would love to have. Anyone who has these games, along with others I'll probably think of soon, I would love to work out a deal with ya! :)

chuckdobbins
03-15-06, 10:27 AM
i had well over 100 games back in the day. i traded in everythingge straight up for a psx and a couple games. but, a few games they wouldnt take as trades. one cartridge was pink, mad heavy, and held over 100 games on it.

if i can find it ill let you know

OffThaHorseCEO
03-15-06, 11:05 AM
how bout i had a sega saturn mwahahaha who had one of those?

anyways, i got my first nintendo very very cheaply, we had a super nintendo, and my frined had rented killer instinct, awesome game, anyways he went to turn it in but couldnt find the book so he turned it in without it. a few weeks later i saw the book in a cupoboard and said o, ill leave it there and if he asks for it ill know exactly where its at. so one day he comes over all frantic-like, and hes like, ill give whoever can find that killer instinct book my nintendo with 40 games and game genie and the game genie book. so i was like "BAM!". niiice.

anyways, if anyone has a dreamcast, you can actually emulate a nintendo on it, and dreamcast controllers are like 1.00 so you can chop one of to where you can connect a nintendo controller to it, and it remains fully functional.

let me know if you need more info

DopeStar 156
03-15-06, 01:41 PM
how bout i had a sega saturn mwahahaha who had one of those?
Haha I had one for about an hour. I won it and took it to Toys R Us and traded it for a PlayStation.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-15-06, 01:45 PM
Haha I had one for about an hour. I won it and took it to Toys R Us and traded it for a PlayStation.

thats just ****ed up

DopeStar 156
03-15-06, 03:15 PM
I don't regret it. It got killed off a year later and PS1 games were stopped a couple years ago.

Surfer-Dude
03-16-06, 01:01 AM
Well I fixed my powercord. And I agree with what somebody said above, I forgot how addicting NES was. Have had PS1 and 2 since they came out but don't play them much, besides some games on the PC.

But damn, like I said before, the Contra series owns :thumbsup: . Now to find the time to play the other 50 or 60 games I've had packed up for years and years lol. Graphics and everything are obviously nowhere near modern systems, but I don't know what it is, I can't put the controller down.

DopeStar 156
03-16-06, 01:17 AM
I hope I get my stuff soon. I should at least see the Mario Bros. game by Friday.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-16-06, 09:52 AM
yea i used to say that all the time when wed bust out the super or the nes or especially when i got the emulator workin on the dreamcast.

i believe it was "aint this some shit, we got a xbox with a bunch the newest games AND xbox live, a pc loaded with games and a net connection, a ps2 and we're playin nintendo, and everyone is playing, and weve been playin for hours wtf"

Surfer-Dude
03-16-06, 08:52 PM
yea i used to say that all the time when wed bust out the super or the nes or especially when i got the emulator workin on the dreamcast.

i believe it was "aint this some shit, we got a xbox with a bunch the newest games AND xbox live, a pc loaded with games and a net connection, a ps2 and we're playin nintendo, and everyone is playing, and weve been playin for hours wtf"I haven't played my PS2 or others in months, pop in the Gran Turismo games mainly even though have a bunch of others. But I can't stop playing the Contra games or Jackal on NES:woohoo:

ShadowLvr400
03-17-06, 12:37 AM
What do you have?

Well, since it's all in a box now, I have to go off memory.... Zelda, Mario 3, Rambo, Friday the 13th, Astanyax, geez... Iron Tank, a Ninja Turtles 2 I think... I can' even remember it all. Probably about 20 games or so overall. Currently packing up for a move, so things are going into boxes.

DopeStar 156
03-17-06, 02:15 AM
Well, since it's all in a box now, I have to go off memory.... Zelda, Mario 3, Rambo, Friday the 13th, Astanyax, geez... Iron Tank, a Ninja Turtles 2 I think... I can' even remember it all. Probably about 20 games or so overall. Currently packing up for a move, so things are going into boxes.Cool. I'll take the games and the whole Nintendo if ya want. With these things there's always a good reason to stock a spare unit.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
03-17-06, 03:13 AM
DS: I understand where you're coming form. I always wated one but my parents could never afford it. When I was in college in about 96 me and 2 friends bought one from a second hand store (called Cash Converters) for about £15 ($25) for the console and £5 ($8) for each game.

I used to have a PSOne but got rid of it.
All I have now is an N64 and an Atari Jaguar.

Being a big Atari fan I always wanted ther Jaguar and I got lucky a few years ago in that a store was selling a BRAND NEW one for £10 (about $17).
Sadly, the game I really wanted, Tempest 2000 was going for about $60 on EBay at the time...

Stock90DeVille
03-17-06, 09:06 AM
Yes the NES, I bought one last year just because I finally found a copy of Little League Championship Series. The NES is hooked up in my bedroom, my wife still plays this thing (xbox controls are 2 complicated for her). She loves Tetris, Dr. Mario and Ms. Pac-Man.

JC316
03-17-06, 02:03 PM
I have three NES games I haven't heard anyone mention. Terminator 2, Total Recall, and Monster party. All of them are INSANLY hard, hell I also have one that I can't even get past the first doorway without bein killed. I need to dig the old NES out of retirement and play a few games.

ShadowLvr400
03-17-06, 05:31 PM
Dude, I have Total Recall! I remember that one! I miss the old Godzilla game for NES. Oh, somewhere I have Rampage I think.

DopeStar 156
03-17-06, 05:34 PM
:bouncy:

OffThaHorseCEO
03-17-06, 06:10 PM
Astyanax

and AbadoX

we played the shit out of those

JC316
03-17-06, 11:58 PM
[quote=ShadowLvr400]Dude, I have Total Recall! I remember that one!/quote]

How far did you get in the game? I got just past the X-Ray and got killed. I never could get any further.

Spyder
03-18-06, 03:55 AM
ShadowLvr400...if you have Rampage, I WANT TO BUY IT! Are you willing to part with it?!?! :)

Jonas McFeely
03-18-06, 04:13 AM
You guys are forgetting JAWS.One of the best NES games ever.I remember when you had to kill jaws,these little babies would come out and you had to kill them first.We even named a little bong after it.We called it Baby Jaws and it was blue,fit in the palm of your hand.

JC316
03-18-06, 07:03 PM
I have Jaws too. I only got to fight Jaws ONCE and he ate my ass.

DopeStar 156
03-22-06, 10:36 PM
I got the console today. I have the Mario Bros/Duck Hunt game and the replacement 72 pin. I'm just waiting for the controllers and the hook ups.

cl1986
06-13-06, 09:22 PM
all right so where is the link or person with the emulator and all the games, i had this about 5 years ago but lost all of it......I to was looking about 3 years ago and found nothing but porn and some damn viruses that caused some 2 or 3 windows reinstalls.....

anyone still have it and could share???

Jesda
06-14-06, 06:28 AM
I used to have a stack of these NES systems a decade back but I foolishly let them go. What I miss most of all is my Sega Saturn.

ShadowLvr400
06-15-06, 03:30 AM
Rampage is one I'm pretty sure I don't have in my collection. Sorry, I know, that's a classic. Though actually....

slk230mb
06-15-06, 08:15 AM
all right so where is the link or person with the emulator and all the games, i had this about 5 years ago but lost all of it......I to was looking about 3 years ago and found nothing but porn and some damn viruses that caused some 2 or 3 windows reinstalls.....

anyone still have it and could share???

That was me, but it was just a one time thing for DopeStar. I took down the zip file and all the ROMs.

cl1986
06-16-06, 01:17 PM
Derrty deville.....your pms are full.....

DopeStar 156
06-16-06, 02:33 PM
While this is up.... I just bought the light gun, Kirby's Adventure, and the original Tetris (Miss DS's favorite) off ebay for mere pennies. I also found a killer second hand game shop that does repairs if I should need any.

cl1986
06-16-06, 04:54 PM
I remember when i first got my own nintendo and the only game other than duck hunt for the light gun was some gangster shoot out, cant remember the name......

powerglide
06-23-06, 06:58 PM
I've had this urge to buy the first gen 8-bit NES for a while now....reading this thread made me want it even more.
So I went to trusty ebay, scored a new clone system for 8 bucks, paid about 15 bucks for a bunch of old cartridges (donkey kong/mario/tetris/olympic/etc).
It arrived a couple hours ago....I love it!
what a trip, I totally forgot about the music and the sounds....sigh.
PS I never owned one growing up neither.... :-(

nboylie
06-25-06, 08:28 PM
kirby's adventure is a great game