Cadillac Owners Forum banner

rear sway / links

498 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  AAIIIC 
#1 ·
hey guys, got a new rear swaybar (Dorman) brand, its huge compared to stock 1inch i think, first of all it had a sticker saying this side down which is def wrong because it wont fit rite, the bends it has make it only go in one way, i figure they just put it on wrong side, problem is the endlinks are not long enough to go through the hole in bar all the way, the nut can still be tightend down nice and tight its just the threads dont come through the hole all the way. do you thing the links will eventually break? im pretty sure the links are mevotech, i dont know if the oems were longer threads. i had my mechanic put endlinks all the way around, front struts and a front sway in an attempt to kill this unknown clanging,(didnt) and just got some revtech bushings to go in upper&lower control arms, hopefully will cure it.

----------

sorry i meant Revshift, bushings, btw how do you edit post on this site??

#2 ·
problem is the endlinks are not long enough to go through the hole in bar all the way, the nut can still be tightend down nice and tight its just the threads dont come through the hole all the way. do you thing the links will eventually break?
They may be fine, but it's definitely going to put a lot of stress on the threads and could strip them. I've heard good things about the Moog endlinks, might be worth finding a set of those.

sorry i meant Revshift, bushings, btw how do you edit post on this site??
There should be an "Edit Post" option right next to "Reply". It may be that new members have to make some number of posts before they're allowed to edit anything. (There are limitations like that in place to limit the mayhem that spambots can cause.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.