: NY dealer sucks Lynbrook Cadillac

cburand
03-11-06, 09:34 PM
FYI these guys are lying suckers. Any smucks car dealer is better than these jerks. I went up to pick up an 04 EXT that I found on Autotrader. They wanted 38K but got them down to 36K certified. A good deal....not. The truck was supposed to be ding free and clean inside and out. When I got there the front left fender had a dent ($800-$1000 to repair), the running board was hanging low, a ding in the hood and passenger door. My wife pulled trash out of the seat pockets, the carpet was filthy and the seats had black stuff on them, and leaves and sticks were everywhere from the bed to the hood. Under the hood was more filthy than my 96 maxima with 165K (but then I clean it at least once a year). The drivers seat was broken. The dealer's manager told me that it was used and he was not going to do anything with the body. He also said it had been detailed, which is a lie, a $5 car wash at the local gas station it all it may have seen. Accordingly I took my check for 36K back to VA and left the heap in NY. It is a shame that they would not take the time to get the truck ready when they knew for a week I was comming. Hopefully the next deal works out better. If they lied about the small stuff I hate to think about what else they were hiding.

07slade
03-11-06, 09:44 PM
al i can say is three letters BBB

cburand
03-11-06, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the BBB suggestion....I just sent the e-mail.

07slade
03-11-06, 11:18 PM
no problem

07slade
03-11-06, 11:20 PM
well if my escalade didn't cost 66k i would probably ram it through thier store after that, things like that usually don't make me mad, but when somone tells you a WEEK in advance that they will have the car detailed for you and ready for pickup, and that it has no scratches, and you get there with your checkbook open and see all of these scratches and soiled carpets. ITS JUSR RIDICULOUS>!!>!>>!>!>

Falkolade
03-11-06, 11:52 PM
thats just messed up... thats no way to run a dealership at all... thats why american car dealers suck (and i only buy american, except for the 06 m5 i am looking into), but its easy to see new or used, why the foreign cars are flourshing

TaTownBacker
03-12-06, 09:55 AM
I agree with Falk and it's sad. I am currently trading in my 03 Lade for an '07 or a Range Rover Sport here in Kansas City. Anyways the Caddy dealer wouldn't even give me a brochure on the new Lade and said he would mail me one. Never came. If I get an '07 I won't get it there. The Rover dealer has been great. Far superior. I had the same problems with Lincoln when I had a Navigator. Awful service. Many American dealers run a terrible business, maybe thats one of the reasons they are getting killed.

Ta TownBacker

mikeee
03-12-06, 10:41 AM
I agree with Falk and it's sad. I am currently trading in my 03 Lade for an '07 or a Range Rover Sport here in Kansas City. Anyways the Caddy dealer wouldn't even give me a brochure on the new Lade and said he would mail me one. Never came. If I get an '07 I won't get it there. The Rover dealer has been great. Far superior. I had the same problems with Lincoln when I had a Navigator. Awful service. Many American dealers run a terrible business, maybe thats one of the reasons they are getting killed.

Ta TownBackerJapanese car dealerships are not run by Japanese people, they're run by Americans. The origin of the vehicle has NOTHING to do with the service you recieve. Its the people that run the dealership. They're not told or trained to screw anyone over, theyre trained to provide high customer service and to be honest. But once they get that job, who knows what happens.

I dont think we should stereotype American car dealerships as being "Bad" compared to a Honda dealership. We have enough problems with Stereotyping in the US. I know its hard sometimes not to, but really there are plenty of decent dealers out there, and plenty of crooks, foriegn and domestic.

js73751
03-12-06, 11:19 AM
I know it is too late now, but next time you are looking out of state, post the truck's location and one of us could take a short trip to check out the vehicle before you make the trip.
js

Synergetic
03-12-06, 02:05 PM
What the f$ck!
What is wrong with dealers? I swear, dealerships quality customer service has dropped SO much lately. It used to be a pleasant and fun experience to go pick out a car, but now you have to fight a war. You're fighting for a car that YOU are paying THEM for. YOU come up with the money and they charge you for a car that they don't even have. Little did you know from a quick glance at an Autotrader, the car rolls out from the back (wet) after getting its $5 car wash with dents, dings and all that good stuff.

I say BBB every dealership in the USA and let us start over with some quality dealerships. Everytime I roll into my dealership, they sigh like i'm always in there and they make NO effort to help me. Ive seen them do the same thing to other customers. Ive seen them laugh at some young lady who knew nothing about cars and was trying to explain her problem, and kept telling her false problems.

Rolex
03-12-06, 02:38 PM
To quote Rolex from another thread:

Sorry to hear about your negative experience. Like anything else, there are good and bad dealerships out there. I'd suggest you contact the manager or owner of the dealership and if you cannot get satisfaction

GM tries to make Cadillac it's high end, but jackasses like this keep dragging down the good name. After all is said and done you need to find another dealership. Good luck my friend.

GM will never make Cadillac their flagship line until they square away these "bad apple" dealers. :thehand:

js73751
03-12-06, 02:44 PM
The truck is in LI Newsday today in an add for the dealership...

Uria702
03-12-06, 09:10 PM
i have had problems with the same place before, after a basic oil change, i discover my oil was black, the car felt like it was loosing hp so i went to the gas station appx 50 miles after the oil change and he said "does this look like clean oil, oil is not black"

Blown4fun
03-13-06, 02:51 PM
Sorry to hear about the lying sac lickers.

Don't ever deal with the service manager (Vince Love) at Rorick cadillac in Carlsbad, Ca. he did the same crap and starting yelling at me infront of people. Inside I said thanks then asked him outside for a taland he started on me again. So I politely raised my voice and told him that he ever raised his voice at me again I will kick his wimpy ass all over the lot and gladly take the 3 days in jail as I need the rest anyway.:thepan:

Digital Vidiot
03-13-06, 05:33 PM
That's just too awesome Blown4fun.........! Thanks - I just lived that one vicariously through your story. :thumbsup:

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-13-06, 06:15 PM
I just want to let you know that there are some good dealers out there as well. I am very pleased with my local Cadillac and HUMMER dealership. Coral Cadillac & HUMMER is by far my favorite dealership I have ever been to. There was one time that I had to take my Escalade to another dealership north of mine, which was Ed Morse Cadillac and when I got there the staff was disgusting. It took them a good 30 minutes for them to find the right person to help me and then when he walked out, it went straight down hill from there. I ended up leaving with my problem unsolved. Anyways, Coral has only been a pleasure to me and they treat me like I should be treated, like anyone should be treated, with respect. I am sorry to hear about all the other incidents and I wish all the other dealerships could learn from Coral down here.

Thanks.

Surfer-Dude
03-13-06, 08:55 PM
I agree with above, Coral Cadillac and Hummer in South Florida is a great dealer, I know quite a few people who have bought Escalades and Hummers from them. We have two Mountaineers and one Explorer and get them serviced at Holman Lincoln Mercury down here as well, another great dealer. Too bad almost all the other American Delearships suck. You know there's a problem when you see modded Lightnings, Cobra's and even Superduty pickups being servced at the Lincoln Mercury dealer instead of the Ford dealers lol.

Though I have to say, sh!tty dealers neef to see how a well run establishment is done, they need to check out JM Lexus down here. Take our LX470 and they treat you like a king, the whole place is nicely designed and even the service bay is clean. Staff is extremely nice.

I remember back in High School when the Bullet Mustang came out like 5 or so years ago. Went to the dealer to check it out as I was thinking of buying one. They wouldn't let me test drive it and said for the "Bullet" they need a 15K deposit to even consider me, acted like it was an exotic. WTF??!?. Told them forget it and then asked him what kind of car it was again, kinda looked at me perplexed and said "it's a Mustang", "exactly, it's a Stang not a Lamborghini" I replied lol. Also said we would have paid cash and that set them off trying to be accomodating now, left anyway.

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-13-06, 09:01 PM
Surfer-Dude, did you compare the LX470 and the Escalade? I am just wondering why you own a Lexus instead of a Cadillac.

Thanks.

Surfer-Dude
03-13-06, 09:11 PM
It's not mine, it's my mothers. The two Mountaineers are mine. The LX is great though, quality is incredible, very smooth driving yet can still kick ass offroad in stock form. I'm looking to buy an 05'/06' Escalade soon, prices are bargains now. I need something larger with good towing ability, good performance aftermarket and had to be 2wd so wasn't really any other option, don't really care for the way the Navigator drives. I love the LX but even a used 05' still goes for around 55-60K.

Where do you live? I live in Boca Raton.

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-13-06, 09:15 PM
I actually live in Boca Raton as well. I find this very funny that you are so close. I own a 2005 Escalade. It is White Diamond. I have 22's and a E&G Classic Vertical Grille. Where in Boca are you?

Thanks.

Surfer-Dude
03-13-06, 09:20 PM
I actually live in Boca Raton as well. I find this very funny that you are so close. I own a 2005 Escalade. It is White Diamond. I have 22's and a E&G Classic Vertical Grille. Where in Boca are you?

Thanks.
Boca Lake Estates, you?

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-13-06, 09:23 PM
I am in Royal Palm right next to the beach club. It would be pretty cool if you buy yourself a 2005/2006 Escalade.

Thanks.

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-13-06, 09:39 PM
I'm sure you have heard of Lion Motoring then. They are located on Glades. They usually have an Excursion on 26's, a lime green 645CI on HRE's, a FX35 on 22's, and a Cobra sitting outside. You will also notice my Escalade there on some occasions. If you do end up purchasing the Escalade, I urge you to check out Lion Motoring and if you want, I will go with you. By the way, how old are you?

Thanks.

Surfer-Dude
03-13-06, 09:43 PM
23, and yeh actually saw an ad for Lion Motoring somewhere. Though have to say I'm not much into the bling. Probably just get some clean looking and lightweight 22's, ala Weld Evo or Intro etc. Besides that, already have plans for custom dual CGS exhaust, intake, headers etc.

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-13-06, 09:46 PM
If you don't mind, I would love to see what you are planning on doing. I wanted to do an exhaust as well as an intake for my Escalade, but I don't really know too much about those parts. I am more of a wheel man over a performance man. If you would want to do the same work to both our cars, I am all for it. When do you think you will be getting your Escalade?

Thanks.

Surfer-Dude
03-13-06, 10:01 PM
Pry not for another month or two, but definitley in the summer regardless. But yeh I'm more of a performance guy, heh. Main reason I have the 03' Mountaineer was I was going to swap in an 03' Cobra engine, KB twin screw blower etc, but ended up not doing so. I was already looking at turbo kits for the Lade from STS and Livernoise, but that wouldn't be untill a little while after ownership. Still planning on opening my own office by the end of this summer and re-invested a lot of money so trying to keep the splurging down lol.

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-14-06, 07:11 PM
That's awesome. What color are you looking into? Would you rather supercharge or turbocharge? I was looking into supercharging my Escalade. I wouldn't be able to do it for a while, but eventually I would like to.

Thanks.