: 93 Fleetwood sad day

UNCLLUIE
03-11-06, 09:30 PM
After being the bionic Cadillac for many years - thanks to my mechanic and body shop - I finally laid the "Big Red Boat" to rest. Funny how everyone I know talked about the car like a person. "She was a good car", "You owe it to her"...

177,780 miles. Maroon with a maroon interior. Engine strong, tranny rebuilt and going again, major electrical issues. It was a crime what I took for a trade-in on her.

The 93-96 Fleetwoods. Will there ever be anything coming from Detroit like this again? No gimmicks. Luxury in terms of comfort, power, and space, not techno bells and whistles.

She will be missed. I love the 02 ETC I bought, but it's not the same kind of car at all.

May she rest in peace. Or better yet, be bought at auction by someone who has an eye for the potential, but is handier than I am with a wrench!

Long live the Big Red Boat!

caddycruiser
03-11-06, 10:54 PM
What were the electrical problems, exactly? We have a '92 Roadmaster going like a beast and looking like a couple year old car at 194k miles, a '93 Fleetwood with 103k that is still one of my all time favorites, and my new '95 Fleetwood with 117k on it...none have had even the smallest electrical issue, save for a bad mirror fuse today on my '95.

They're very strong, very basic cars, but still ooze luxury all over and are terrific to have...even the guys at the GM dealer were oogling my '95 yesterday when I went to pick it up after a few days worth of work (one said "They just don't make them like that anymore. It's beautiful. Make sure to keep it in such nice shape!").

Any who, the '02 Eldorado should be a great car too, just maybe not as "special" as the Fleetwood...whether that be a good or bad thing.

That said, I've made it a personal promise that no matter what other car I buy or where I end up, there's no way I'll ever be able to get rid of my personal Fleetwood...or let my father's '93 go into anyone else's hands but mine or my brother. They are, by far, my favorite vehicle...and I've become obsessed with them...

DPGC23
03-13-06, 12:24 AM
Mann That Sucks Man

I Had My 94 For 2 Years Now, 116k Miles Onit,

I Plan To Rebuild Engine Tranny Etc Etc ,
I Want 2 Keep This 4 Ever

And I Wana Get Escalade

Dpgc23