: Just Had My Tires Evaluated By Goodyear

50 4Ever
03-11-06, 04:15 PM
All tires are worn consistantly, but the inside rib has 6/32" and the outside rib is 2/32", on all 4 tires.

You guys that have had Goodyear evaluate the tires and then give you a credit, how were your tires wearing?

Now I wonder what Goodyear will say, they will probably say there is something wrong with the car to cause a 4/32" wear difference on all 4 tires, request denied.

Can't wait until they open Monday so I can get some kind of answer.

ahahnu
03-11-06, 04:49 PM
Is the outside wearing faster then the inside? I found out the hard way there is a camber angle... so the inside should wear faster then the outside.

rand49er
03-11-06, 06:02 PM
When the Goodyear dealer measured mine, he didn't share the measurements with me, however, mine were worn a bit more on the outside than on the inside. They also suggested (they were sure out to defend Goodyear!) that the tires were overinflated since they showed a bit of wear in the middle, too. I told them that they were 30 psi by my sensors (cold) and, basically, I wasn't buying it. :rant2:

I had already contacted Goodyear via their website about the premature wear issue and had already been issued a "file no." I don't think the dealer (at least this particular guy) had been confronted with this issue yet with any customers.

Now, I must include a cautionary note here, I have YET to get my credit applied to a set of GSD3s that are coming to the GY dealer, but it's still not expected for a couple more weeks according to their time estimate, too, so everything should be okay so far. :)

50 4Ever
03-11-06, 06:26 PM
Thanks guys for the replies. My tires were 6/32nds inside, 4/32nds midline and 2/32nds outside. I know about the negative camber, the Corvette and the CTS-v are both short track cars and are designed this way for better cornering. But the wear on my tires is crazy. I'll have to wait and see what they say. I guess if they deny the claim I'll go with Michelin PS2's, if they give me a credit I'll go with GS-D3's.

CIWS
03-11-06, 08:55 PM
Same with me, the G.Y. service center manager didn't share what the measurements were, just came back with the final numbers of what I would have to pay per tire for a set of RSAs. They did have to order in my tires as well which in my case took about 3-4 days. But in the end got the tires on and added Road Hazard myself to the final price.