: To all 2002 owners...

slk230mb
03-11-06, 02:02 PM
Go and change your cabin air filter. I just changed mine after a year and it was a dirty mess, completly black and filled with leaves.

http://www.smatarese.com/forum/filter.jpg

DLE
03-11-06, 02:29 PM
Nasty!

I need to change mine. I doubt the last owner changed it, and since I just bought my rig last weekend, I'm sure its dirty as hell.

Can you explain how I can get to the cabin filter? And how much are those filters? I'm sure they are pretty cheap.

slk230mb
03-11-06, 03:35 PM
I got mine from gmpartsdirect.com The part # is 52485513. It was $16.12 with $7 shipping, still cheaper than my dealership. It is a special order part, cause they are a Chevy dealership, and it took 3 weeks for me to get it, but I didn't mind since I ordered it at school and it arrived home this week, and I'm home now for spring break. Check out page 6-19 in the owner's manual the instructions to change it.

DLE
03-11-06, 04:17 PM
I just called a local autopart store and they have the cabin air filter in stock. Its only $14.99 plus tax.

I havent gotten a chance to look at mine yet, but they told me that their computer shows that the Escalade takes 2 filters. Is that true?

I'm at work right now, so I dont have the time to go check it out. Maybe you might know since you changed yours already?

Thanks

slk230mb
03-11-06, 05:21 PM
Yup, it needs two of what I showed above. They go in next to each other. If its 15 for both, thats a good deal. Mine was the price of both, and no local store by my school had them in stock, so I just ordered it from gmpartsdirect along with some other stuff.

Falkolade
03-11-06, 05:45 PM
haha.... ummm ya know... i don't think i ever changed mine once... ummm 49000 miles on the caddy truck right now... i'd say its due for a change... thanks slk320mb!

slk230mb
03-11-06, 07:37 PM
haha.... ummm ya know... i don't think i ever changed mine once... ummm 49000 miles on the caddy truck right now... i'd say its due for a change... thanks slk320mb!

No problem, I figure this is my one useful post per month. :rolleyes:

hcvone
03-13-06, 09:39 AM
That;s cause all you college students and driving around smoking that stuff. :tisk: :tisk: :stirpot: and :alchi: :alchi: too. Is that correct. :)

notinblue
03-13-06, 09:55 AM
Just imagine what those lungs look like.:thepan:

slk230mb
03-13-06, 10:12 AM
That;s cause all you college students and driving around smoking that stuff. :tisk: :tisk: :stirpot: and :alchi: :alchi: too. Is that correct. :)

Not a chance, you've got me pegged all wrong. I don't smoke anything - I think it's a disgusting habit, and I've seen what it can do to you. My aunt died of lung cancer at 60 after quitting in her 40s, she was in good health, and poof, she's gone. I don't even drink that much. If you knew me and my friends, we are defintely the exception to the stereotype of college students.

slk230mb
03-13-06, 10:14 AM
Just imagine what those lungs look like.:thepan:

Whatever is in there is the by product of second hand smoke from my mother.