: Share your Bodyshop Experences

Stoneage_Caddy
03-11-06, 11:17 AM
So my new gig at the dealership is a big promotion of sorts. Once again tho my main function is ensureing the customer is happy. My job pertains more to customer satisfaction then it does to the car itself (thats handled by the others). Its my purpose that fromt he moment your car gets here , to the moment i give it back to you that i am the only person you see , and that you are so happy with the results that i am the only one you care to see.

Ive been in and out of customer relations for many years. The bodyshop world however is a bit diffrent. Folks are brining there babies in after one of lifes most tramatic events , a car crash ...Its my feeling one small screw up from us can end with a disaster.

Everyone has alot of faith in me , and so far i love my new job. But the 2 that run my dealership have made it known to me that i really need to turn our shop around when it comes to customer satisfaction...

So , if you have delt with a body shop what was your experance like ? What could they have done beatter ? what went right ? what went wrong? Any sugestions ? Id like to know so i have some idea if some of my ideas will work ...

Night Wolf
03-11-06, 11:53 AM
Nearly all the shops I have gone to just don't give a damn.

I ask for a quote on painting my car and they just give me stupid answers.... why do you want to repaint it? Its not like a classic Impala or something, it won't make the value any higher. and other annoying, useless comments.

I have not ever gone into a bodyshop and felt totally comfortable.... its mostly the people I deal with just feel like talking to customers is a bother, very dry, and not very nice in general.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-11-06, 12:01 PM
The bodyshop where I brought my Caddy twice and my mom's Highlander twice is very nice to us. They remember us by name and theres always a short wait for service. My only problem with them is when I had the deVille in there for the door in September, it took 2 days longer than they had said, but it was well worth the wait! Come to think of it, there were two weeks that summer when I didnt have my car.

Rolex
03-11-06, 12:10 PM
There's a local body shop that has done really good by me. When my wife ran into my old truck they not only painted the new body panel, but they also clear coated the undamaged panel next to it free of charge. The guy said it only took a minute to do and it didn't cost them a thing. He said it looks bad to have a freshly painted panel right next to an older lack luster panel. I used them 2 more times after that for small jobs and they acted like they appreciated the buisness.

Those guys are honest and straight forward....NO bull-butter. I've had body shops replace parts with used parts before, and even not replace parts that my insurance company paid to be replaced. The last time I hit a deer the body shop I used included a new condenser in the estimate (around $500). When I took delivery of the truck and opened the hood I could clearly see the same slightly damaged (but functional) condenser with deer hair still in it. :eek:

The most important things I want from my body shop are quality work that you cannot tell what was repaired, honesty, and getting things done when they say they'll be done. ETA: the quality of the work and honesty are more important to me then being done on a dealline.

Kev
03-11-06, 01:17 PM
...Everyone has alot of faith in me , and so far i love my new job. But the 2 that run my dealership have made it known to me that i really need to turn our shop around when it comes to customer satisfaction...These lines stood out to me Mike, if the 2 Cheeses didn't give you the authority to send a car back to the shop because it isn't done right or you/the customer sees a flaw then they have doomed you to failure. That would be the equivalent in my eyes as sabotaging you from the start.

Watch your back my friend!

Boombotz
03-11-06, 01:19 PM
So my new gig at the dealership is a big promotion of sorts. Once again tho my main function is ensuring the customer is happy. My job pertains more to customer satisfaction then it does to the car itself (that's handled by the others). Its my purpose that from he moment your car gets here , to the moment i give it back to you that i am the only person you see , and that you are so happy with the results that i am the only one you care to see.

Ive been in and out of customer relations for many years. The body shop world however is a bit different. Folks are bringing there babies in after one of life's most traumatic events , a car crash ...Its my feeling one small screw up from us can end with a disaster.

Everyone has a lot of faith in me , and so far i love my new job. But the 2 that run my dealership have made it known to me that i really need to turn our shop around when it comes to customer satisfaction...

So , if you have dealt with a body shop what was your experience like ? What could they have done better ? what went right ? what went wrong? Any suggestions ? Id like to know so i have some idea if some of my ideas will work ...

I dealt with a body shop at Dimmitt. This was the deal. Drove it up they keep it for 2 days and then gave it back. This was for repair of the bumper after I was rear ended. I got home and Tom says they put in on crooked and they also missed a large area behind the bumper that still needed to be painted. So they tell me to come back on Thursday but call me to change appointment because of rain. Can't paint in that weather. They tell me to come back on Monday. Now this is a 1 hour drive for me. I drive back out on Monday and he tells me he is so sorry he forgot to call but because of all the rain could I come back Wednesday. I wasn't the happiest camper but what could I do. So I bring it back and they give me a car for the day while the repairs are made. So its like 4 months after the repair and my neighbor realizes that my bumper was never attached properly. The only reason why he noticed was because they have those little round push clips around the wheel area and I was missing one. The reason I was missing one was because they never put it back, but I guess it doesn't matter much since they weren't connected to anything like they should have been. Bob tried to line it back up and another clip snapped while he was working so now i need to get 2 clips and have Bob fix the bumper on properly. All in All I can't say I had the best experience but the man who was helping me originally was very nice. Not that it matters considering I still have a problem but its to late to do anything now except let my neighbor try to make the repair. Maybe it is because I was a woman that it was done sloppy and they knew i would miss it. Who knows!!!! The one good thing is the new bumper bar they put on was not a used one it was brand new. They did that for free, because insuance would only cover one of those off another car that was in an accident part but my specific part was not damaged type thing.

Caddy Man
03-11-06, 01:27 PM
Nearly all the shops I have gone to just don't give a damn.

I ask for a quote on painting my car and they just give me stupid answers.... why do you want to repaint it? Its not like a classic Impala or something, it won't make the value any higher. and other annoying, useless comments.

I have not ever gone into a bodyshop and felt totally comfortable.... its mostly the people I deal with just feel like talking to customers is a bother, very dry, and not very nice in general.
I used to get the same exact answers when I was looking into repainting my 91 towncar. I know exactly what you mean.

Night Wolf
03-11-06, 04:52 PM
Ah.... I forgot one really important thing...

There was one kickass body shop.... this little shop owned by an older man who had a couple guys working for him...

really cool guy, very friendly, great work and a great price....

That is where I got the door on the '79 repainted. He did a perfect match on the paint, and the only difference was it was slightly more shiney because of brand new clear coat paint against 27 year old lacquer..... $260 and damn was I happy.

danbuc
03-12-06, 10:09 AM
My car has been to the shop twice for crashing it. Once for the front bumper when this lady ran me off the road into a ditch, and a second time for my passenger side view mirror when I was forced over to the right side of the road by this truck going to the wrong way down a one way street (my mirror ended up taking out the driver's side mirror of the car parked on the side of the road).

Anyway, both those times I( took it to the body shop that I had worked at during the summer a few years ago. My stepfather always takes his Yukon there whenever something happens, and he's good friends with the owner. They always do excellent work, and have never let us down.

The third time my car was in the bodyshop was at the dealer, only this time, it was the dealers fault. I had come in for a routine oil change. Got the car back and drove home. The next day, I happened to be walking back to my car in the parking lot and passed the passenger side first. I noticed that my right front quarter panel was buldged out just in front of the seem for the passenger side door. Apparently, the idiot who put it on the lift neglected to check and see if it was positioned properly, and ended up lift that corner of the car by the body which caused it to buldge like that. I called the dealer back up, explained the situation and brought it in. When I got there, the service manager was very apolegtic, and was eagr to fix it for free. He even offered to by me lunch....at the Waffle House, which I graciously declined. I was suprised by how well I was treated. I definitely wouldn't have recieved that level of service back home at Brogan in Ridgewood.

CoupeDevilleRob
03-12-06, 03:39 PM
The body shop I use is great because the guy actually cares about the car, not just fixing whatever I brought it in for. When I picked it up after getting the front fixed he told me to bring it back another time and he'd fix the sagging drivers door. I liked the fact that he found another problem and was eager to correct it.