: What are the available Northstar aftermarket performance parts?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-11-06, 09:44 AM
Does the Northstar have a good aftermarket following like the LT1's do? I ask because I've narrowed my choices for a next vehicle to a 1996-02 Eldorado, 1994-96 deVille Concours, 1996 deVille or a 1994-96 Fleetwood Brougham. From what I understand, the N* is faster stock, but its very easy to have a FWB run 13's-14's. From what I remember, the LT1 has tons of aftermarket parts, and the N* doesnt have much.

Anyways, what kind of aftermarket performance parts are offered for the N*? I have seen a lot of mufflers and stuff, what else? And is all the stuff N* generic, or does it only work for a certain model?

eldorado1
03-11-06, 10:41 AM
Northstar is pretty limited as far as aftermarket is concerned... Nobody realizes that we care about performance too... :p

You can get higher stall torque converters, LSD's, generic intakes, bored throttle bodies.. I think that's about it. Oh, we've got a person on here who built a turbocharged setup.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-11-06, 11:00 AM
And exhaust too...

I've seen the Magnaflow (?) exhaust system done on a lot of ETC's, will it fit a 1994-99 deVille with the N* too?

Zorb750
03-11-06, 12:52 PM
Yes, throttle body wise, Eldorado1 is the only guy I know who makes them. I did my own about a year ago, but had I known I would have bought it. WAY smaller headache than machining it and fabricating a new plate.

fubar569
03-11-06, 01:48 PM
come back after thursday and you might be able to pickup a nifty splice in box to switch off your ABS, TC, stabilitrak & speed sensitive steering at operator's will.

but yes, aftermarket is quite limited. short of a bottle shot or a total refab for a turbo or supercharger there's not a whole lot. there are cams & such but we can't tune the OBDII PCM to take advantage of alot of it.

mark99sts's turbo setup is slick...real slick! he's got mroe than a good chunk invested to make it work though.

most exhaust systems will not fit the earlier devilles. mine will be custom bent by a local shop. you might wan to check into that. mine only wants 300 with mufflers i provide to go as far up as he can reach all the way out the back in full 3" trim...

the FWB's are a nice car, VERY NICE. with LT1 power and the right person i'd be scared to run across one at the drags. however in my experience LT!'s have been hit or miss. i've seem cam only cars hit 11's but my friend with a boat ton of stuff barely managed 14's (same person piloted a stock 03 SVT to 1.86 60ft and 12.6 on stock tires at 36psi so i know he can drive). A nice strong heads/cam package should be the first thing done to the LT1 motors. contact a gentleman by the name of lloyd elliot. swapping his LE3 package with supporting mods has shown rediculous RWHP compared to other packages and it's been proven time and time again. he would be the one i'd call to make my FWB scoot...