: Vinnie at OCC gets Supercharged!!

Katshot
03-11-06, 07:02 AM
There's a nice article on Vinnie's CTS-V getting supercharged in the latest Gm High Tech Performance mag. They give 1/4 mile ET and dyno info before and after.

BADAZGN
03-11-06, 07:41 AM
That's freakin great!!! I always get excited when they show his V on the show! I can't wait to get my GMHTP in the mail. for some reason I always get it after it hits the newsstand. Drives me nuts!

Matthew

Katshot
03-11-06, 08:08 AM
Yeah, I love the magazine. The write-up is great, with lots of pictures. They used a polished Magnacharger and a Lingenfelter CAI. The stock 'V' had a 13.70 1/4 mile ET @ 107mph before and a 12.50 @ 115mph after. Dyno showed 327hp with 319lb/ft of torque before and 451hp with 438lb/ft of torque after. Nice increases! He mentioned that he could've done better at the track after but between a lack of traction and wanting to keep the rear end from blowing, he wasn't pushing it 100% He seems to think low 12's is in the car.

rand49er
03-11-06, 09:18 AM
The stock 'V' had a 13.70 1/4 mile ET @ 107mph before and a 12.50 @ 115mph after. Dyno showed 327hp with 319lb/ft of torque before and 451hp with 438lb/ft of torque after. Nice increases!Amen.

Having numbers for comparison purposes is so useful, and these are about what I would have expected for this install. Sometimes, it seems, we get so much subjectivity in this stuff where there's no "before", or the "after" had some glitch that attenuated the results to make the mod seem to be of dubious value.

Thanks ... it's indeed comforting to know that if I find buried treasure enough to get a maggie ('cause that's the only way I'm gonna be able to afford it), this is what I should be able to get out of it. :)

BTW, is this mag available at your everyday newstand?

DILLIGAF
03-11-06, 09:35 AM
Search for threads by vinjuice.He used to come in here and bs

lasstss
03-11-06, 09:36 PM
Search for threads by vinjuice.He used to come in here and bs

I posted this before. I dont see how he got those times right out of the box with stock tires and the hand programmer. I dont buy it!. He also did a lot of praising of the manual which is mediocre at best and written for the GTO.

rand49er
03-11-06, 09:46 PM
I posted this before. I dont see how he got those times right out of the box with stock tires and the hand programmer. I dont buy it!. He also did a lot of praising of the manual which is mediocre at best and written for the GTO.

Hmm-m ... interesting ... considering what you say, ya think there might be a bit more to it under the surface? :stirpot:

lasstss
03-11-06, 10:28 PM
Hmm-m ... interesting ... considering what you say, ya think there might be a bit more to it under the surface? :stirpot:

I dont know. I do know that after a few passes at 2 different strips with a very good tune and some nice launches with 285's on the back,magnaflow,RT cats,maggie etc. I and one other couldnt get those times. Now, with drag radials, definetly but Im not that adventureous..and its too hard on the car.

DILLIGAF
03-12-06, 03:04 PM
You looking at this Vin.We're callen you out on this.

BADAZGN
03-12-06, 08:01 PM
I dont know. I do know that after a few passes at 2 different strips with a very good tune and some nice launches with 285's on the back,magnaflow,RT cats,maggie etc. I and one other couldnt get those times. Now, with drag radials, definetly but Im not that adventureous..and its too hard on the car.

Is it the times you don't agree with or is it the MPH?

lasstss
03-12-06, 08:09 PM
Is it the times you don't agree with or is it the MPH?

12.50 on runflats? They must have had VHT laminated on the starting line. Its not impossible but all of us with magnussen's have tried. No matter how you fool around at the gate, the 60's dont happen andI just dont have the chops to run drag radials. At some point when a dependable diff arrives, you will see a 12 flat no doubt.

GT04CTS-V
03-12-06, 09:24 PM
12.5 1/4 with runcraps, no way. I'd like to see the 60' times. Maybe the track was downhill :-}

BADAZGN
03-14-06, 07:09 AM
I didn't read anywhere in the article that he was running runflats. They did mention that he was running "standard street rubber" From what I read on this forum is that everyone ditches the runflats first thing. It would be my guess that he would also do the same.
Other thing is that they were at Englishtown in October, probably pretty cold which helped cool the car down, which lead to the better times.

In any case I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Just my .02 which is worth a least half that!

Matthew

Katshot
03-14-06, 07:40 AM
What happened to all those guys that swore their CTS-V's ran 12's with only minor mods? If that were true, I'd think that a 12.5 with a supercharger would be quite believable. After all, I know stock SRT-8's run 12's and many people here believe the CTS-V to be at least equal to the SRT-8, so again, why would a 12.5 be so unbelievable for a blown 'V'? Something just doesn't add up here.

1badcady
03-14-06, 07:49 AM
What happened to all those guys that swore their CTS-V's ran 12's with only minor mods? If that were true, I'd think that a 12.5 with a supercharger would be quite believable. After all, I know stock SRT-8's run 12's and many people here believe the CTS-V to be at least equal to the SRT-8, so again, why would a 12.5 be so unbelievable for a blown 'V'? Something just doesn't add up here.
TRACTION:alchi: