: New Radio/Nav - now can't get into Comp Driving mode

m3driver
03-10-06, 09:52 PM
Subject prett much says it all. A whole new radio/nav unit was installed since I complained that the button finish were starting to wear out.

So now I notice

1) Can't get into Competition Driving mode. I can get the TC off and the Stabilitrak off but can't seem to get get comp driving mode on. I know how to do it since I do it every day.

2) The "info" button makes the radio scan for traffic stations and the "traf" button pulls up the "info" page.

Related?

I guess I'm going back to the dealer.........

Marco

Jschmank
03-10-06, 10:12 PM
here you go, take this to your dealer
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/pic3174.pdf

Lindsay Cadillac
03-10-06, 10:21 PM
Dealer didn't do the radio setup... They have to "tell" the radio it's in a "V" by running the setup function through the Tech II...

m3driver
03-11-06, 01:01 AM
jaysus! You'd think they would have a checklist or something. It was in the shop for 3 full days to replace the radio and the sunroof motor.

thanks for the tips.

Marco

TomSt
03-12-06, 10:49 AM
I had the same problem. I tried to tell the dealer it is common for the comp driving mode to not work after radio replacement when I brought the car in but they laughed at me and told me they knew what they were doing. Well, I got the last laugh and you should have seen them scramble to reprogram the thing. They did have the latest software so all they had to do is find their best tech guy and have him reprogram for a few minutes while I was laughing and the service manager was opologizing.