: CD Changer Available for a 2000 Sport?

rpgibbs
03-10-06, 08:42 PM
I have a 2000 Catera sport and remember reading somewhere about a CD changer that might be available for this sport model. Also, if there is a CD Changer available how can I tell if the vehicle has been prewired for the Changer whcih I assume would be in the trunk. Finally, where could I find a CD changer and would anybody know what the GM Part # would be. Thanks

rpgibbs@hotmail.com

ondale
03-10-06, 11:00 PM
Don't know if this helps but I have a 1997 Catera with the BOSE factory stereo (NO in-dash CD player). I had to replace the trunk mounted 12-CD Changer; it was an AC Delco. The part number is 16220776.
There was a huge sticker on the back of the unit. I bought a replacement player on eBay. That seller has another one available.
If you want to check eBay, you can look at eBay item# 8042205588 under completed auctions..

My 97 Catera was prewired and all I had to do was plug and play. When you open the trunk, it is on the right hand side, just twist the knobs, and the side panel exposed an empty area. The CD changer's pre-wired cable was sitting right there. Hopefully you can search the web to ensure 16220776 works with your 2000 Sport.

You can also check Crutchfield, the USA Spec SCD-G190CAD is suppose to fit 97 - 2001 Catera's
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-j8khBLtyjgp/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=581G190CAD&g=65500
I suggest if you go the Crutchfield route, check www.fatwallet.com for any kind of discount coupon codes for the site. Neither the factory nor the USA Spec will play MP3 CD's, but they will play CDr's

Hope this helps