: I just test drove a Lexus GS300

Lord Cadillac
03-10-06, 03:36 PM
My Wife's RX300 is being serviced and she has a 2006 GS300 as a loaner for the weekend.. I quickly took to opportunity to take a test drive a few moments ago.. I never actually drove a GS300 or 400, so I have nothing to compare it to in regards to the last generation...

The ride is not as soft as I had expected. My Wife's RX300 feels softer - though I do know the GS is supposed to be sporty.. It does handle well - but if I remember correctly, not as good as a Cadillac STS V6... The interior is nice - there are a few interesting things about it like a push-button, fold-out console for the mirrors and other things, push-button start, a nice screen on the center stack that let's you know exactly what's going on with the vehicle. I suppose navigation goes there if you choose that option...

The interior is comfortable - but not "warm" like the outgoing GS. In fact, I think the Cadillac STS has a warmer, more comfortable interior... I'm not being biased at all when I say I'd definitely take the Cadillac STS over the Lexus GS300. Exterior, hands-down, goes to the Cadillac.. Interior is kind of a throw-up with the interesting options that the GS has.. I think power goes to the Cadillac as well - but it's been a long time since that test-drive...

Lord Cadillac
03-11-06, 02:55 AM
I got more of a drive with the car this evening.. One strange thing is when you hit the gas hard and then come off, you stay in the lower gear for awhile. I'm not used to that. So if you hit the gas hard, come off and then touch the gas again, the car leaps forward. Strange... I can't say I like that...

Jesda
03-11-06, 05:24 AM
Stock photo:
http://images.securedwebform.com/stock/300/lexus/gs300/2006/4sa.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-11-06, 08:47 AM
Yeah Sal, I have also noticed that Toyota builds a wierd tranny. The tranny in my mom's brand new Highlander likes to shift up as soon as possible. If you let off the gas for a second, it shifts up. Also, it doesnt shift as smooth as the 4T60-E I'm used to. Her Highlander is a wierd vehicle, I dont mind riding in it, but I hate driving it.

Lord Cadillac
03-12-06, 05:06 PM
Yeah, very strange.. I think they need to "fix" that.. To me, it's a problem. Maybe to people in Japan, that's normal.. I don't know.. It was REALLY nice having Bluetooth with my phone... For the STS, Bluetooth is an option. It's standard on the GS300.. The GS is also extremely good on gas. I got about 30mpg on the highway.

CIWS
03-13-06, 01:01 PM
We just need to figure out a way to talk Cadillac into letting you drive an STS-V for evaluation purposes :D

Lord Cadillac
03-13-06, 05:44 PM
Yeah, go ahead and set that up for me. :)

Just another FYI. My Wife's RX isn't ready yet.. When she stopped in to see how things were doing, they washed her loaner inside and out and filled it with gas... Does Cadillac do that?

CIWS
03-13-06, 06:48 PM
Probably depends upon the individual dealership, to be honest.

Since we're on the wish train here with an "evaluation" vehicle, do you want an STS-V or an XLR-V ? :D

Lord Cadillac
03-14-06, 07:11 AM
Hmm.. Not too sure.. I suppose the XLR since it's more rare.. I hope to see the Sixteen or ULS soon, though...