: 2006 Cadillac Escalade Purchase Gone Bad

cgriffin2006
03-10-06, 02:02 PM
:mad: Recently leased a new 2006 Cadillac Escalade. Awesome vehicle! however, the dealer (Pine Belt Cadillac in Toms River, NJ) failed to disclose some minor damage to the vehicle which was discovered after paperwork was signed upon delivery. Was assured it would be taken care of to my satisfaction - that was 3 weeks ago... Sagga continues. Basically, the damage resulted in them having to repair and paint the front bumper and clad molding. during repair, additional damage was done to the door (scratches), chipped the glass, and a gouge in the rear quarter panel molding (about 1 inch section). It took 2 days for them to authorize the work to repair the above, and won't have car back until next week. So, haven't even made the first payment yet, and I've only had the vehicle one out of 3 weeks since we brought it home. All we are told is that it's our vehicle, and they only thing they can do is repair the damage. I am furious and want to see alternate resolution. Conveniently, managers who need to make decisions are on vacation until next week, etc. No one wants to return calls and the only manager I did speak with was extremely rude and was raising his voice to me. Anyone else have such a rotten experience??? Any suggestions on how we can resolve and get them to replace the vehicle or give us money back? It's unfortunate they do not stand behind their customer satisfaction guarantee once the deal is made. I never expected something like this to happen when purchasing such a high end vehicle!:want:

Rolex
03-10-06, 02:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your negative experience. Like anything else, there are good and bad dealerships out there. I'd suggest you contact the manager or owner of the dealership and if you cannot get satisfaction, find a lawyer. If the vehicle isn't fixed to your satisfaction, don't take possession of it.

GM tries to make Cadillac it's high end, but jackasses like this keep dragging down the good name. After all is said and done you need to find another dealership. Good luck my friend.

hornyjuan
03-10-06, 03:30 PM
Check out your state's lemon laws. If they jerk you around enough you can take them to court or arbitration. I know it must be frustrating but hopefully the car will be back in your hands. If not, sue the hell out of them.

Falkolade
03-10-06, 04:41 PM
w/e you do don't blame the truck... hah j/k a bad dealer can totally reck the amazing experience it is to have an escalade!!!

outofdablue
03-10-06, 05:24 PM
Amazing experience ? ? ? I know this is a cadillac forum, but what is so amazing about owning an escalade. Every other truck on the road is an escalade. Just an average truck if you ask me !

RobertJoseph17
03-10-06, 06:09 PM
ha ha what funny comment to make on this forum.

Rolex
03-10-06, 06:25 PM
:yeah: but not HaHa funny.

ETA: nothing amazing about the Escalade to me, but then there's sure as hell nothing average about it either......exceptional maybe.

99escalademan
03-10-06, 11:00 PM
Amazing experience ? ? ? I know this is a cadillac forum, but what is so amazing about owning an escalade. Every other truck on the road is an escalade. Just an average truck if you ask me !

You still meeting with Honda " no payments for 6 months"

TaTownBacker
03-10-06, 11:19 PM
First up let me prefece this by saying I am not liscensed to practice Law in New Jersey, not should this constitute legal advice, BUT they didn't deliver the car as you bargained for when you signed the lease agreement. Call a local lawyer and explain your situation. This is a simple issue. A call from an attorney usually get the wheels in motion. Good luck.

Ta TownBacker

Synergetic
03-10-06, 11:29 PM
You still meeting with Honda " no payments for 6 months"

lol. :)

Anyways - why don't use press some charges and forget leasing the vehicle, and maybe just take over the ownership there. I would be steamed if I found out there was damage without notice AFTER I signed. I would threaten to press charges till they hand over the pink slip. *Dreaming land - but it could happen. :want:

integline
03-10-06, 11:55 PM
damn sorry. My family has now owned 3 Escalades. Please dont let this bad dealership deter you from owning this great truck. I have towed many things wiht it, been to the snow, everything adn back in this truck. Sue the dealer and get an 07 instead adn then take it to them and show em that u got it from another dealer.
Good luck

Rolex
03-11-06, 11:59 AM
First up let me prefece this by saying I am not liscensed to practice Law in New Jersey, not should this constitute legal advice, BUT they didn't deliver the car as you bargained for when you signed the lease agreement. Call a local lawyer and explain your situation. This is a simple issue. A call from an attorney usually get the wheels in motion. Good luck.

Ta TownBacker

Well said....listen to this man. IMO you never took possession of the vehicle, and if you do your chances of getting out of a sour deal will be slim. Pick up the phone and call a lawyer to ask for some advice.

hcvone
03-13-06, 09:44 AM
I would get a lawyer before I would pickup the truck, and as said do not let one bad dealership ruin owning a Caddy.

mike0311
03-18-06, 12:12 AM
I bought my Escalade from Pine Belt as well. I'd have to say the experience was good. I had gone to Gold Coast first and they acted like Chevy dealers up there. I would think Sean would be the one to speak with that could make any decisions.