Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Just need a quick estimate of how much brake pads and rotors (all around) should cost

23K views 168 replies 26 participants last post by  lamrith 
#1 ·
First estimate I received was $1400. I laughed.

Thanks.

#6 ·
I had the stealership do mine last year when I got my tires replaced. They put in new pads front and rear and Turned all 4 rotors for $550. And boy do I regret having the dealer do it. You would be better off(cheaper) doing them yourself, and putting in new rotors and pads. And then you wouldn't have to worry if someone will mess up your Calipers.

#7 ·
I always order my brake parts from Brake Motive. They are an auction site vendor, but a full set for an STS-V for slotted/drilled rotors with ceramic pads is $275 shipped, $217 for just slotted. Zinc plated too to give you that little extra shine behind the wheels. I trust these brakes completely. The company is active on the Corvette boards and I have used them on my Corvette and my Camaro. They made the braking a lot sharper and resists fading so much better than stock. Have yet to have any of these rotors warp on me. Any decent mechanic worth their salt can change the brakes for you if you don't feel up to it.

#24 ·
I ordered the GM Accessories Front and Rear Rotors for my car and installed myself several years ago - They had 'Product of Italy' on the box, so I'm sure they were just reboxed Brembo rotors. I'm not sure if they are still available however - as many of the GM Accessories for the STS-V I purchased have been long gone (the floor mats, smoke 3rd brake light, taillights, GMPP exhaust, etc)

#28 ·
never looked up R1concepts to be honest, i researched M-Sport and was really impressed with their quality so gave them the business..also i was in the burlington area visiting my grandparents so i figured im in the area why not do the deal cause my V is getting a total overhaul in the next few months

where abouts in toronto are you located?

#34 ·
Received my brake kit today. Having never done brakes or opened them up on the STSV I paniced a bit on the pad size. I was expecting longer, but looking at the rear they look pretty square in shape. Don't plan to do brakes for a long while, so I hope they are correct...

I might just have to pull a wheel off this weekend and at least verify the rotors fit and front pads match.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.