: Newbie: Just bought 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

6.0 Litre
03-09-06, 11:49 PM
Just wanted to stop by and tell you guys I'm a proud owner of this 96' FWB with only 64K on the motor. Hope you guys like it! take a look sorry for the crappy pic though.

96Fleetwood
03-09-06, 11:52 PM
Welcome to the forum! Your car looks fantastic! Does it have moonroof? I see the E&G grill, Chrome wheels, and Vogues, good package! I also have a 1996 Fleetwood. If you have any questions, just let me know :thumbsup:

6.0 Litre
03-10-06, 12:00 AM
Thanks! No moonroof though, I hear that's pretty rare option. If I have any questions I'll be sure to ask you, thanks again. What's funny was that I was looking for a DeVille and ran into this one, when I seen it I was automatically hooked!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-10-06, 01:56 AM
Sweet man, I'm starting to really like those LT1 FWB's, yours is in a GREAT color! What do they call that color?

caddycruiser
03-10-06, 05:37 AM
Very, very nice...and I LOVE the chromed stock Brougham wheels:thumbsup:

I just might have to buy a set of those sooner rather than later...

JAKE91
03-10-06, 01:14 PM
BEAUTIFUL:) LOOKS SUPER CLEAN AND LOW MILES.

IT'S A KEEPER!:bouncy:
:welcome:

I PUT THE PIC IN MY REVOLVING SCREENSAVER.

ocjmakaveli
03-10-06, 03:06 PM
Just wanted to stop by and tell you guys I'm a proud owner of this 96' FWB with only 64K on the motor. Hope you guys like it! take a look sorry for the crappy pic though.

Very nice what color is it on the inside?

How's the ride with the vogue's on there?

6.0 Litre
03-10-06, 03:24 PM
thanks for the comments guys! The color of the interior is Tan and the vogues tires ride great!

Question guys, i kinda figured Lingenfilter is some performance thing, but what part of the engine does it enhance? There is a tag on top of the motor about 2x4 inches, also the told me that it has the SS impala rear end.. what gears ratio as that?

ocjmakaveli
03-11-06, 02:42 AM
impala ss if it really is impala ss rear end should be 3:08 not really much over the fleetwoods 2:93

lingen looks like it makes engine parts etc. hard to really know what was done to your car specifically

I'm not sure but I think the impala ss rear had a posi......not sure though

caddycruiser
03-11-06, 06:53 AM
impala ss if it really is impala ss rear end should be 3:08 not really much over the fleetwoods 2:93

lingen looks like it makes engine parts etc. hard to really know what was done to your car specifically

I'm not sure but I think the impala ss rear had a posi......not sure though

Yeah, I think the "Impala SS rear" basically just means the 3:08 gears and posi. Like you said, the gears wouldn't be a big change from a stock Brougham, but the posi is a nice thing to have...if it really was changed back there.

Katshot
03-11-06, 07:24 AM
Does it have a CAI on it? Lingenfelter also makes CAI kits.

6.0 Litre
03-11-06, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I think the "Impala SS rear" basically just means the 3:08 gears and posi. Like you said, the gears wouldn't be a big change from a stock Brougham, but the posi is a nice thing to have...if it really was changed back there.

Yes that what it was .. Posi... he mentioned that, now to check if really has Posi, should turn off the traction engagment and do a burn out from there?

As for CAI? how do I check for that (is it a visual thing?) I really don't know what that is?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-11-06, 11:53 AM
now to check if really has Posi, should turn off the traction engagment and do a burn out from there?

I believe with posi, you put one tire in the dirt and one on pavement and floor it, if it has Posi, it'll spin one tire. (am I correct?)

caddycruiser
03-11-06, 08:09 PM
Uh, basically, with a posi both wheels will spin at the same time. With a non-posi, or open, diff, only one will go alone...

UNCLLUIE
03-11-06, 08:34 PM
Ouch. I almost cried when I saw your post!

Today I traded in my 93 in the same color, with the 93 Vogue rims.

Great car. You've got the LT1, even better engine.

Good luck, and congratulations!

DPGC23
03-11-06, 09:27 PM
Hey Man, Are Thos Stock Rims??
I Been Trying To Get Chrome Caddy Rims 4 My 1994 Fleetwood For 2 Yrs Now.

I Currently Have 14's 100 Spoke, But I Want To Put Chrome Rims, And I Dont Want 2 Put The Same Stock Ones That Came With Mine.

I Need Those Rims!!!

Dpgc23

caddycruiser
03-11-06, 09:49 PM

I Currently Have 14's 100 Spoke, But I Want To Put Chrome Rims, And I Dont Want 2 Put The Same Stock Ones That Came With Mine.

I Need Those Rims!!!

Dpgc23

Start scrap yard searching on the net...or maybe you already did.

6.0 Litre
03-12-06, 01:40 AM

I Need Those Rims!!!

Dpgc23

The guy I bought it from said they are stock rims and are pretty hard to find. At the time when I bought it I really didn't think too much of it, so I started to look up these rims on eBay, google images, etc. I dont see the chrome ones out there. Are these rims rare?

caddycruiser
03-12-06, 05:51 AM
The guy I bought it from said they are stock rims and are pretty hard to find. At the time when I bought it I really didn't think too much of it, so I started to look up these rims on eBay, google images, etc. I dont see the chrome ones out there. Are these rims rare?

Well, they were an option in '94, '95, and '96, but still not a whole lot of them were equipped that way from the factory. Now that ten years have passed, the only way to get them basically is to find a used set for sale somewhere, but everyone who has them tends to want to keep them.

You can sometimes find a set at a scrap yard, but it all depends. I plan on getting a set too, just not sure when.

DPGC23
03-12-06, 11:21 PM
Yea Man, I Searched On Ebay, I Havent Searched The Local Scrap Yard, Cause I Mean, Findin A Fleetwood Is Kinda Rare Int Eh Scrap Yard.

Should I Talk 2 A Local Cadillac Dealer???

Mann, My Options R Stay With The 14's, Which Means I Cannt Have Ppl Sit In The Back Seat,
2nd Put The Stock Rims, Whihc I Dont Want 2, And Im Missin 1 Center Cap, So 3 Rims With Cap, 1 Without
3rd Find Dope Cadillac Rims, Chrome Of Course
And 4th, Put Just Regualar Chrome Rims, Which I Will If I Have 2

Dpgc23