: New '06 V Finally Home in LA

ghettosled
03-09-06, 10:49 PM
Hey Guys,

Just received the new '06 platinum/ebony cts-v. Can't wait to start the mods! Immediate plans call for an intercooled Procharger DSC1 kit built specifically for the CTS-V. The majority of the kit, plumbing, intercooler, brackets, etc will be made here in house at our shop.

Also, contrary to what many are saying about an automatic physically not fitting, i'm gonna take a second look. I havent done much more then crawl underneath the thing in the dealer parking lot, but i dont see why atleast a 4l60e wont fit underneath the tunnel. I'm a tad skeptical why such a trans would not fit, as i dont think the body of a "V" is much different then a standard CTS with an auto.. I have both a 60 and 80 case for mockup, so i'll let everyone know. If i am totally misunderstood, maybe someone can educate me. We've been doing alot of 4l60e/4l80e swaps on other vehicles and had nothing but stellar results. I think overall driveability and performance would be greatly improved.

I got a whole list of mods planned, but i wont bore you here.

So anyways, i just wanted to introduce myself, maybe get to know some local members and set the record straight on the stock GTO vs. CTS-V debate before she undergoes some enhancements:stirpot:

I'm located in Chatsworth, Ca and anyone is welcome to come by introduce yourself, check out the shop, see what we're all about.. see us at www.raceprovenmotors.com (http://www.raceprovenmotors.com) or call me at 818-201-5352. - Mike

CVP33
03-09-06, 10:54 PM
I don't think you're boring anyone. In fact, I think you'll be blowing them away fairly soon. It sounds like you have a fair amount of performance car knowledge and aren't afraid to use it or share it. I think you'll find you fit in here just fine. As for me? I'm just the forum misfit. Discount 90% of what I say and you'll be fine. :thumbsup: Welcome!

V-SATX
03-09-06, 11:10 PM
:welcome: we want HP to the wheels without diff issues. Capital resources available.

Texan V
03-10-06, 01:40 AM
You had me @ Procharger...:highfive:

jimbohenson
03-10-06, 07:05 PM
You sent me a pm regarding the 20" Foose wheels for the V. I cant pm you. email me jimmylomonaco@hotmail.com

Hey Guys,

Just received the new '06 platinum/ebony cts-v. Can't wait to start the mods! Immediate plans call for an intercooled Procharger DSC1 kit built specifically for the CTS-V. The majority of the kit, plumbing, intercooler, brackets, etc will be made here in house at our shop.

Also, contrary to what many are saying about an automatic physically not fitting, i'm gonna take a second look. I havent done much more then crawl underneath the thing in the dealer parking lot, but i dont see why atleast a 4l60e wont fit underneath the tunnel. I'm a tad skeptical why such a trans would not fit, as i dont think the body of a "V" is much different then a standard CTS with an auto.. I have both a 60 and 80 case for mockup, so i'll let everyone know. If i am totally misunderstood, maybe someone can educate me. We've been doing alot of 4l60e/4l80e swaps on other vehicles and had nothing but stellar results. I think overall driveability and performance would be greatly improved.

I got a whole list of mods planned, but i wont bore you here.

So anyways, i just wanted to introduce myself, maybe get to know some local members and set the record straight on the stock GTO vs. CTS-V debate before she undergoes some enhancements:stirpot:

I'm located in Chatsworth, Ca and anyone is welcome to come by introduce yourself, check out the shop, see what we're all about.. see us at www.raceprovenmotors.com (http://www.raceprovenmotors.com) or call me at 818-201-5352. - Mike

viperman5
03-10-06, 09:46 PM
Congratulations Mike!

I also will be joining the club tomorrow. I am picking up a 2005 Stealth Grey.

ghettosled
03-11-06, 12:19 AM
cool.. post some pics when you get it.. got mine tinted today.. A start atleast :bouncy: hopefully i'll get it up on the rack tomorrow.. Got one of those "slow" syclones using it now... hehe

MyTyphoon1993
03-16-06, 10:29 PM
What about that piggy Typhoon you have??? :stirpot:

Looking to buy a Cts-V by end of the year if my new job pays good, just gonna settle for a FW now.

Pics of the Cts-V

bsteven43
03-17-06, 01:02 PM
Did you get a baseline RWHP reading yet?

CIWS
03-17-06, 01:09 PM
Congrats on finally getting your car and welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Now as far as racing goes, I simply use my V to go and buy groceries and pick up new video releases at Wal-Mart.

;)

ghettosled
03-18-06, 11:59 AM
havent made any baseline numbers yet. We put some HRE wheels on it, and i wasnt content on the offset and recommended tire profiles so we have been doing some tweaking to make it look right.

We removed some of the exhaust system for a forced induction mockup if you know what i mean :thumbsup:, so once i get some protype stuff finished i will get it put all back together and get a baseline number.

the typhoon is just sitting in the garage waiting for a sunny day, and another victim..hehe.

L.A.P.D.
04-06-06, 07:08 PM
havent made any baseline numbers yet. We put some HRE wheels on it, and i wasnt content on the offset and recommended tire profiles so we have been doing some tweaking to make it look right.

We removed some of the exhaust system for a forced induction mockup if you know what i mean :thumbsup:, so once i get some protype stuff finished i will get it put all back together and get a baseline number.

the typhoon is just sitting in the garage waiting for a sunny day, and another victim..hehe.

If you ever need experienced dyno tuning LS1/LS2/LS6/LS7 stuff, let us know if we can help. We have all the tuning software available. Hope this helps!

Shawn