: Carfax question?

Surfer-Dude
03-09-06, 10:28 PM
Never pulled a Carfax before, but am looking to get an 05' 2wd Escalade in the next month or two. Checked a bunch on autotrader and on most when I clicked the Carfax report it would say something like 6 records were found, 4 records were found etc, some even as high as 16+ records found. But then it says these "records" may confirm a clean history or potential problem.

So what exactly do these records consist of if their good/bad, b/c some didn't even show any records just said 0.

RobertJoseph17
03-09-06, 10:30 PM
Mind if I ask why your contemplating the 2wd instead of the AWD? I would recommend the AWD model.

Surfer-Dude
03-09-06, 10:34 PM
Mind if I ask why your contemplating the 2wd instead of the AWD? I would recommend the AWD model.Not a fan of awd, just adds weight, drag, worse gas mileage etc. Friends 05' 2wd is much better on gas and performance then his awd 03' was (both 6.0's). Especially being in South FL, no need for it. Having driven the awd and 2wd version, much prefer the 2wd feel.

RobertJoseph17
03-09-06, 10:40 PM
I gotcha, I live in Chicago where we have all seasons known to man. It was 20 degrees yesterday and 60 degrees today. Just crazy stuff. So, I need it to get around. I was just wondering what your thinking was.

Surfer-Dude
03-09-06, 10:45 PM
I gotcha, I live in Chicago where we have all seasons known to man. It was 20 degrees yesterday and 60 degrees today. Just crazy stuff. So, I need it to get around. I was just wondering what your thinking was.Yeh I just like the feel of 2wd better for driving, towing etc. Already have some performance goodies planned, heh. Hate it more in smaller cars, the Audi S4 is a great car but feels numb and porky compared to the e46 M3. Even the RS4 version with 420 hp can just barely edge out a stock M3, that awd really eats up the power. Like on my 03' Mountaineers, only mods are intake/true duals and I get about 16 city with a lead foot and around 22-23 highway with the cruise on 80 and that's with 3.73 gears. The awd guys with similar mods are getting around 12-14 city and 18 highway even with no lead foot. I don't care about gas mileage, just on trips don't want to be filling up constantly lol, plus their slower. If I go offroad I'll take the Lexus with a real 4X4 system.

But anyways, do you happen to know what those "reports" consist of on Carfax?

RobertJoseph17
03-09-06, 10:51 PM
No, sorry I have no idea, I'll ask my buddy, I'm pretty sure he does. I'll try and get back to you on that if no one else does.