: my baby is back.....new diff

urbanski
03-09-06, 06:54 PM
Dropped it off Feb 17.
Dead leaking diff, leaking radiator, paint swirls nicely grinded into my paint by Ken Batchelor (the crappiest, worst dealer ever).

Cavender Cadillac body shop shined it to mirror finish, repainting several areas and noting some damage even I didn't see.
Their service fixed the diff/radiator, no issues at all.

They showed me my old diff, we couldn't find any cracks but I didn't imagine the puddle o' fluid on my floor. I'm gently breaking in the '06 with few if any burnouts, ok maybe a few.

Funniest thing is...the SRX loaner i had....big puddle o' diff fluid from it today :p I broke it, and its an 06 with 2K miles :D

Kudos to Cavender. Any south texans need to trust this place. I sure do.
:cheers:

CVP33
03-09-06, 06:58 PM
Urby,

:want: You're so full of crap! CTS-V differentials don't break or leak. Quit yer' damn whining and cowboy up! :thehand:

BTW - glad you found a dealer you can work with. I firmly believe the '06 unit is light years ahead of the old one. May your miles be fast and uneventful.

Signed - The forum misfit.

03-09-06, 07:50 PM
Urby,

:want: You're so full of crap! CTS-V differentials don't break or leak. Quit yer' damn whining and cowboy up! :thehand:

BTW - glad you found a dealer you can work with. I firmly believe the '06 unit is light years ahead of the old one. May your miles be fast and uneventful.

Signed - The forum misfit.

No, I want to be the forum misfit. This is my second post, and I've earned it!

CIWS
03-09-06, 08:08 PM
Good news for sure Urbi. Glad to hear you've got your V back and a new 06 azz to boot :)

DILLIGAF
03-09-06, 08:39 PM
Congrats urb.Don't crash it.

ssmith100
03-09-06, 08:41 PM
I don't think it could take another "incident".:) Glad you got it back bro.

Shane

heavymetals
03-09-06, 08:52 PM
Glad you got your ride back!

Nice to find a dealer/service that will treat you right.:thumbsup:

V-SATX
03-09-06, 11:03 PM
Urb, now I get to come over..right? However, I knew the reason all along. You did not want me to snap a picture of you in the SRX smokin a Cohiba and sipping a Shiner complaining about the GM performance Div while power shifting aggresivley from 1st at 7k rpm to D (O) in the SRX.:tisk:

P.S. The Cavender Service Manager slipped in the diff fluid and is currently in surgery for lower lumbar damage.:eek:

Jack Ammann
03-10-06, 02:55 AM
Ken Batchelor (the crappiest, worst dealer ever).

Cavender Cadillac body shop shined it to mirror finish, repainting several areas and noting some damage even I didn't see.
Their service fixed the diff/radiator, no issues at all.

Kudos to Cavender. Any south texans need to trust this place. I sure do.
:cheers:

Now Urby...we (you and me) already knew all that...didn't we?...LOL:thumbsup:

StealthV
03-10-06, 07:10 AM
Urby, does your V now have more coats of paint than a '63 Impala in East LA?

urbanski
03-10-06, 07:31 AM
P.S. The Cavender Service Manager slipped in the diff fluid and is currently in surgery for lower lumbar damage.:eek:
oh god i hope you're kidding :(

urbanski
03-10-06, 07:33 AM
Urby, does your V now have more coats of paint than a '63 Impala in East LA?
yes
this will be 4 for left front fender, 3 front bumpers, 3 rear quarter/door frame.
third "hand glaze/deswirl".

we saw a nice Charger yesterday with a dark grey metal-flake job...next crash i'll have that done :)

CIWS
03-10-06, 09:27 AM
we saw a nice Charger yesterday with a dark grey metal-flake job...next crash i'll have that done :)

You're going to have them make your V look like a Dodge Charger ? http://www.ciws.net/ctsv/happyhappy.gif

obzidian
03-10-06, 11:00 AM
if its ther factory color grey, its a nice choice..

just got my car back and the 06 diff in to, but without having to crash it of course!!