: New Tranny Delay?

diverdan
03-09-06, 05:33 PM
The dealership just called me and let me know they were ordering a new transmission for my '05 for the 5/6 gear vibration & noise. I was told that the transmissions are backordered and he couldn't give me any time frame for when it might be in. Anybody else have a similar situation?

They are returning the car to me tomorrow until the new tranny comes in so I am not in loaner/rental hell. Apparently there isn't a risk of total tranny failure from this issue. I'm looking on the bright side as it will allow me to order a UUC shifter and the dealer has agreed to install it for free since they have to take the old one off anyway.

I am wondering if the new transmission I am getting has been reengineered to fix this problem or if I run the risk of it happening again. Is there something different about this T-56 as opposed to the units in Vettes and GTO's? I've had both and this wasn't an issue. There was no talk on the Vette and GTO forums about it either.

04CTSVFLA
03-09-06, 05:50 PM
im having the same issue. steering wheel vibration at higher speeds in 5th and 6th...i thought it was my alignment.

Florian
03-09-06, 10:48 PM
same T56, no issue...probably just behind in production...

F