: New Tranny Delay?

03-09-06, 04:33 PM
The dealership just called me and let me know they were ordering a new transmission for my '05 for the 5/6 gear vibration & noise. I was told that the transmissions are backordered and he couldn't give me any time frame for when it might be in. Anybody else have a similar situation?

They are returning the car to me tomorrow until the new tranny comes in so I am not in loaner/rental hell. Apparently there isn't a risk of total tranny failure from this issue. I'm looking on the bright side as it will allow me to order a UUC shifter and the dealer has agreed to install it for free since they have to take the old one off anyway.

I am wondering if the new transmission I am getting has been reengineered to fix this problem or if I run the risk of it happening again. Is there something different about this T-56 as opposed to the units in Vettes and GTO's? I've had both and this wasn't an issue. There was no talk on the Vette and GTO forums about it either.

03-09-06, 04:50 PM
im having the same issue. steering wheel vibration at higher speeds in 5th and 6th...i thought it was my alignment.

03-09-06, 09:48 PM
same T56, no issue...probably just behind in production...