: So I now have a $1560 credit towards any Goodyear tires

verbs
03-09-06, 04:09 PM
What should I get?

Problem is that when I get a set of tires, if I don't spend all the credit, I lose it.

Suggestions? I have to buy the tires at the Goodyear store, so retail on the F1 Supercar EMTs for example is $499 :eek:

I'm thinking about GSD3s with 275s in the back and the stock tire size in front. Can anyone give me a good reason not to go with that tire and tire size combo? FWIW I can program the car to accept the new change in tire size if need be.

stkshkr
03-09-06, 06:21 PM
Thats what I have, no problems, looks good, handles well

Carnalsupply
03-09-06, 06:22 PM
I just got Goodyear to give me credit on my OEM F1's as well, they'll sell me a new set for $640, so now I've asked them if they'll sell me the GS-D3's at a discount instead. Now I've just got to wait for their reply.

Based on the responses I got to my thread posted earlier this week, I too am going with the 275's in back and the 245's in front. Different responders suggested the new Falken's, Sumitomos, Hankooks, and such, but after putting all the data I could find into a spreadsheet and comparing it I felt it safest to go with a combination that's already been tried and proven (DS-G3's), especially with a tire that receives such high praise as compared to our OEM F1's.

verbs
03-09-06, 06:26 PM
I just got Goodyear to give me credit on my OEM F1's as well, they'll sell me a new set for $640, so now I've asked them if they'll sell me the GS-D3's at a discount instead. Now I've just got to wait for their reply.

Based on the responses I got to my thread posted earlier this week, I too am going with the 275's in back and the 245's in front. Different responders suggested the new Falken's, Sumitomos, Hankooks, and such, but after putting all the data I could find into a spreadsheet and comparing it I felt it safest to go with a combination that's already been tried and proven (DS-G3's), especially with a tire that receives such high praise as compared to our OEM F1's.

I wish I had known about this because I already bought a set of Falkens that are sitting in my garage :mad:

Customer Service said the would sell me the GS-D3s at a discount, and that my tires basically would be free because I have such a discount. I wonder if I can order 2 sets of tires from them......hmmmmmm

Closer_2001
03-09-06, 07:08 PM
I wish I had known about this because I already bought a set of Falkens that are sitting in my garage :mad:

Customer Service said the would sell me the GS-D3s at a discount, and that my tires basically would be free because I have such a discount. I wonder if I can order 2 sets of tires from them......hmmmmmm

Don't sweat it too much... I'd buy the Falkens for a good price...

erictornwall@gmail.com

CVP33
03-09-06, 07:18 PM
GSD3's

245/45 and 275/40's. And never look back. :thumbsup:

Ryan's '05-V
03-09-06, 07:53 PM
I'm just curious, do you have to go to a Goodyear dealer or do you think a Belle Tire or Discount Tire place could get the replacements. I'm really pissed I bought new tires now but could have used a new free set. Let me know your thoughts if you guys don't mind or maybe ask them if you go back. Do they need the old tires?
My story is that I replaced my tires already but where I got them can vouch for the miles and condition. They were done at 9800 or so. Just curious. Thanks.

verbs
03-09-06, 08:17 PM
Don't sweat it too much... I'd buy the Falkens for a good price...

erictornwall@gmail.com

I'll shoot you an email later on tonite

Dreamin
03-09-06, 08:23 PM
GSD3's

:yeah:

50 4Ever
03-10-06, 12:15 PM
GSD3's

Hey guys with 275/40's in the rear, are those on stock wheels or did you have to go wider?

Luna.
03-10-06, 01:04 PM
One thing to note that I didn't when purchasing my 255 GS-D3s...

They have a much softer sidewall than the run-craps. It isn't that big a deal, but if you prefer a very firm ride (which I do), they might not be the tire for you.

As such, if anyone is looking for going 255s all the way around, I'll cut you a really good deal on some barely used 255 GS-D3s.

Carnalsupply
03-10-06, 01:06 PM
According to the Goodyear corporate answering system, they say "prior to speaking with us, please contact a Goodyear retailer", so I'd take that to mean anyone who sells Goodyear tires, but I'm no lawyer (thank goodness)

50 asked: "Hey guys with 275/40's in the rear, are those on stock wheels or did you have to go wider?" This is exactly the question I posed in my thread a week or so ago, and was assured the 275's on the rear would fit the stock rim. I sure hope they're right, because that's what I'm shooting for.

50 4Ever
03-10-06, 02:24 PM
According to the Goodyear corporate answering system, they say "prior to speaking with us, please contact a Goodyear retailer", so I'd take that to mean anyone who sells Goodyear tires, but I'm no lawyer (thank goodness)

50 asked: "Hey guys with 275/40's in the rear, are those on stock wheels or did you have to go wider?" This is exactly the question I posed in my thread a week or so ago, and was assured the 275's on the rear would fit the stock rim. I sure hope they're right, because that's what I'm shooting for.

I just called them at 800 321-2136 and selected Option 1 then Option 5, eventhough it says "if you've been in contact with a Goodyear Retailer.....". With these tires you can't just go to any Goodyear Retailer, you must go to one that has the proper equipment to handle EMT's. In my case there is a Goodyear store about 2 miles away from me, but they don't have the proper equipment, so the Customer Service guy actually called the local stores and found one in downtown Sacramento, about 12 miles away.

I would imagine the shop would have to be a Goodyear store instead of just some shop that is authorized to sell Goodyear tires.

They told me to call the store and setup an appointment to have the tires evaluated. I guess they will take tread depths to insure that the problem is not under inflation or alignment, then they will contact the Service Center to see what can be done. I will go in tomorrow and hopefully Monday they can call the Service Center to find out what can be done.

According to the TireRack website, click here, (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=Goodyear&model=Eagle+F1+GS-D3) the 275/40's are 0.1" taller and have 0.2" less tread width than the 245/45's. What am I missing? Why are the 275's "better"?

I don't know what to do, I'm going to a car show in L.A., leaving a week from today. I need to make a decision soon, my stock F1's, with 11,850 miles, are 1/32nd from the wear bars.

:confused:

HomerJay
03-11-06, 07:49 PM
Hey guys I stopped by three local Goodyear dealers this afternoon..none of the shops I went to were familiar with Goodyear evaluating these runflats for possible credits towards replacements, or so they said. Is there a special code number from Goodyear that I have to mention to even have my tires inspected for a possible credit. With just a little over 10k miles these things are pretty close to warn out!

Dreamin
03-11-06, 10:17 PM
According to the TireRack website, click here, (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=Goodyear&model=Eagle+F1+GS-D3) the 275/40's are 0.1" taller and have 0.2" less tread width than the 245/45's. What am I missing? Why are the 275's "better"?

Good Catch... typo in Tirerack's website... see Goodyear's website click here, (http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyeartireselector/display_tire.jsp?prodline=Eagle+F1&mrktarea=Performance&treadwidth=&aspectratio=&rimdiameter=&sidewall=) the 275's will be ~3/4" wider than the 245s on the same rim. The 0.1" height difference doesn't matter.

And yes, the 275/40s work just fine on the STOCK WHEELS.

Luna.
03-11-06, 10:52 PM

Yes, but I highly recommend widening them, ala Lawfive.

50 4Ever
03-11-06, 11:15 PM
Good Catch... typo in Tirerack's website... see Goodyear's website click here, (http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyeartireselector/display_tire.jsp?prodline=Eagle+F1&mrktarea=Performance&treadwidth=&aspectratio=&rimdiameter=&sidewall=) the 275's will be ~3/4" wider than the 245s on the same rim. The 0.1" height difference doesn't matter.

According to Goodyear's book, the approved rim width on the 275's are 9" - 11" and they are 1" wider than the 245's. Since the stock wheels are 8.5", I couldn't get a direct answer from the guy at the Goodyear shop today as to whether or not they would put 275's on an 8.5" rim.

Homerjay, I called Goodyear at 800 321-2136( option 1 then option 5). I voiced my concerns to a customer service guy and he found a local shop for me and contacted the shop and gave them all the info they needed. I went to the shop, they measured the tires and will call customer service back Monday. Local stores know nothing about this, it has to originate from corporate.

Good Luck.

10secvette
03-12-06, 08:41 AM
I had a credit of $1,284 and was told that I did not have to buy Goodyear tires. They said they recomend it, but it was not mandatory. They issue the dealer a PO # and just credit them the $$$. I went with Yokohama Advan Neova AD07. Non runcrap... 180 treadwear AA/A 255/40/18 all around. This tire kicks azz and hooks and a better ride etc.

CIWS
03-12-06, 09:11 AM
I also called G.Y. and selected option 5 anyway. Spoke with a Rep, he sent me to a local service center for evaluation. The Rep called and spoke with the local mamager and told them I would be coming. I took the car by, they looked at the F1s called G.Y back and gave me a trade in price. They charged me 61.00 a tire for RSA EMTs without road hazard. They had to order in the tires and that took about 3-4 days. My total price was about 462.00 out the door for all four tires with road hazard.

V-SATX
03-12-06, 11:23 AM
I had a credit of $1,284 and was told that I did not have to buy Goodyear tires. They said they recomend it, but it was not mandatory. They issue the dealer a PO # and just credit them the $$$. I went with Yokohama Advan Neova AD07. Non runcrap... 180 treadwear AA/A 255/40/18 all around. This tire kicks azz and hooks and a better ride etc.

I find it interesting that you went with the Yokohama's. I replaced my Vogue's on my prior SLS with Yokohama's and really loved the drive and feel with these tires. Also, the price was the best value. I would have never consdiered these for my V. Where did you purchase and how was the price?

10secvette
03-12-06, 04:28 PM
I find it interesting that you went with the Yokohama's. I replaced my Vogue's on my prior SLS with Yokohama's and really loved the drive and feel with these tires. Also, the price was the best value. I would have never consdiered these for my V. Where did you purchase and how was the price?

I went with America's Tire (Discount Tire), they were about $300 per if I recall. I'm happy with them.

ajedwardsjr
04-04-06, 12:15 PM
You had said that you got a credit of $1560.00. How many miles did you put on your originals before you replaced them?

Just curious.

Thanks!

Got5onit
04-04-06, 06:52 PM
I'm running 275's on stock wheels without any issues. They look great, too!:bouncy:

10secvette
04-04-06, 08:05 PM
What should I get?

Problem is that when I get a set of tires, if I don't spend all the credit, I lose it.

Suggestions? I have to buy the tires at the Goodyear store, so retail on the F1 Supercar EMTs for example is $499 :eek:

I'm thinking about GSD3s with 275s in the back and the stock tire size in front. Can anyone give me a good reason not to go with that tire and tire size combo? FWIW I can program the car to accept the new change in tire size if need be.

B.S., you don't have to buy at the goodyear store. I just got my Yok's from America's tire. Just get the P.O. number and take it to any tire dealer that sells goodyear. With that being said, My Yok Advan Neova AD07 has some serious grip. 180 treadwear AA/A. 255/40/18

verbs
04-04-06, 10:25 PM
You had said that you got a credit of $1560.00. How many miles did you put on your originals before you replaced them?

Just curious.

Thanks!6600