: what woild you do?

sharky1
03-09-06, 04:52 PM
ok, ive got a dead Delco battery at 3k miles...to get it replace under warranty, the dealer wants the car...when they run dignostics, they will no doubt find my stealth tune....they will also note my cai....I havent had the diff replaced yet, so id rather not tip my hand on these over a battery....what would you do? Thanks, guys

Florian
03-09-06, 04:55 PM
take your car to the dealer, they dont give a shit about the CAI, as it has no effect on battery drainage. They wont bother with checking your tune....
Stay off the weed, you wont be as paranoid..

F

Luna.
03-09-06, 04:57 PM
take your car to the dealer, they dont give a shit about the CAI, as it has no effect on battery drainage. They wont bother with checking your tune....
Stay off the weed, you wont be as paranoid..
F

:yeah:

MescalVto
03-09-06, 05:26 PM
:yeah: :histeric:

CVP33
03-09-06, 05:48 PM
I sure hope you guys are right.

heavymetals
03-09-06, 06:55 PM
Do more weed then you won't care......

Florian
03-09-06, 06:56 PM
doritos on the seats arent good.....

F

Florian
03-09-06, 06:56 PM
I sure hope you guys are right.

Off the hippy lettuce, Chris...

F

Carnalsupply
03-09-06, 07:03 PM
Take it to the dealer, drop it off, cab it home and crack open the Grey Goose. I would suggest a 60/40 mix with soda and two limes.

My dealer told me specifically they don't care about my tune (Stealth, Superchip, etc.) unless it specifically affects the point/origin of the problem they are working on, which doesn't sound like your case.

Enjoy the cocktail.

sharky1
03-09-06, 07:37 PM
real helpful forum, here.....

heavymetals
03-09-06, 07:46 PM
Seriously, I doubt they are gonna care about your mods.

They may if you have any aftermarket stuff hooked up to the battery.

urbanski
03-09-06, 07:47 PM
real helpful forum, here.....
6 replies noting the dealer won't care aren't helpful?
just what do you want?

CVP33
03-09-06, 07:55 PM
I guess the long answer resides with you. What is your relationship with this dealership? Has it been tenuous? Are they "mod-friendly"? Have they shown concern that your V has somehow been abused. Why not call the Service Manager and advise him of your concerns? What's the worst he can do? If he says that your mod's would give him concern as to maintaining your warranty then you go some place else.

I took nearly everyone of my mod's of my V before ANY trip to the dealer. My mod's were VERY significant and still with no mod's I was harrassed regarding how I drove my V. In the end you have a failed battery. I can't imagine the tech's wasting a lot of time doing a full PCM check for that. But I could be wrong.

There. Is that the answer you were looking for? :worship:

Mat347
03-09-06, 08:04 PM
What is going to suk is when they look in their records and see that your CPU needs the latest flash...and flash over your tune(if it's not locked that is).

My dealer also does not care about my CAI. But there was a guy who INITIALLY had his warranty denied for a CPU tune and CAI when he dropped a valve. GM came back a few weeks later and ended up covering it.:thumbsup:

ewill3rd
03-09-06, 08:06 PM
If the pistons are on the ground they might care that you have an aftermarket cal in there.
If you were complaining about oil consumption or MAF sensor codes they might care about the CAI.
Neither will have much to do with the battery being bad.
As a dealer tech I can tell you I only worry about the system I am working on, I don't go looking for problems unless it's related to what the customer concern is.

I am more than sure it won't be an issue.

If there is an open campaign for a PCM software update, you could lose your tune that is true.
Make sure to tell them if there are any open campaigns on your car you want to know about it before they do any work.

sharky1
03-09-06, 08:32 PM
my concern here is, which has been guess ill reinforced every time I read this board, that when I have this dealer drain the diff and find a cup full of metal filings, they will then be hesitant to warranty the rear end, due to mods....you think im being paranoid? Better paranoid than out 3 grand for a new diff.. guess ill have to find y answers...drop my sponsership

SoCadillac
03-09-06, 08:55 PM
my concern here is, which has been guess ill reinforced every time I read this board, that when I have this dealer drain the diff and find a cup full of metal filings, they will then be hesitant to warranty the rear end, due to mods....you think im being paranoid? Better paranoid than out 3 grand for a new diff.. guess ill have to find y answers...drop my sponsership
Where do you live? Maybe someone here can hook you up with a dealer that will work with you.

ChicagoCTS32
03-09-06, 09:05 PM
Where do you live? Maybe someone here can hook you up with a dealer that will work with you.

Bah, just let him cry. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. err... if you can't afford to fix it, don't beat the sh!t out of it.

ctsvett
03-09-06, 09:45 PM
HERE IS A MUCH BETTER SOLUTION IF YOU ARE WORRIED:

Call roadside assist... they can bring the battery to you to install it. They guy who comes will test the battery with a meter, it will fail and then he will install a new battery. He doesnt carry a tech II so he wont know about any tune, and he cant not replace the battery for a CAI.... I had them bring me a battery and it took 45 minutes before they got there (VERY fast considering traffic).. the guy arrived in a CTS and had a trunk with about 5 batteries in it (its common)...

NOT that you would have any problems with the dealership if you took it in, but at least in this case, you dont have to drive and risk getting caught for a DUI from all that weed you've been smoking which is making you parnoid. You can chill at home and stay baked on your sofa and let them come to you. HEE HEE.

Reed

rand49er
03-09-06, 10:34 PM
The dealer may think HE'S on weed if he drives your car and feels your wonderful shifter mod. :thumbsup:

Florian
03-09-06, 10:42 PM
CVP,
That was an excellent post.....we miss you

F

Dennisscars
03-09-06, 10:45 PM
Shoulda bought a hybrid...they never break and chicks dig 'em...or at least one's with hairy arm pits...
I'm tired of cute kitty'shttp://www.ctgilles.net/images/cats/Attack_Cat-568103d16.gif

sharky1
03-09-06, 11:54 PM
thank you VERY much, Reed, and good day to you as well, Rand...the uuc is the shifter for me.....no noise...and silky smooth....have one very slightly used b and m for sale cheap....

SoCadillac
03-10-06, 12:41 AM
I'm tired of cute kitty'shttp://www.ctgilles.net/images/cats/Attack_Cat-568103d16.gif
The cat is f'n funny...I about wet my pants!