: eldorado1- throttle body for 94 eldo available?

aaron94
03-09-06, 03:54 PM
I am curious about the throttle body for the 94 eldo I just bought. I want to add some more horses ,and Ive been hearing its hard to modify the N*. I cant send personal messages yet cause im a new member.

eldorado1
03-09-06, 04:26 PM
I cant send personal messages yet cause im a new member.

that's a stupid rule. This would be at least the 3rd time this has happened to someone who needed to get ahold of me...

anyways, a 93-95 throttle body is in the works, but has been stalled a bit. The main concern is whether there is enough interest to warrant building the boring fixtures needed to bore these years throttle bodies. There are at least 2 people (including yourself) that would be interested in this throttle body.

But going by past experience, there were probably 10+ people interested in the 96-99 throttle body... and look how many actually purchased one... two people. Neither of them are on this board. I have been a vendor for 3 months officially.

If that trend continued, I wouldn't sell one of the 93-95 throttle bodies, and I'd be deeper in debt than I am right now. (Yes, I still haven't broken even yet) My vender status officially ends this tuesday, and I don't have the money to extend that. So........ I'll be putting auctions up on ebay unless I can work out some deal where each TB sold on this board would send a % of the profits to the board operator/owner.

So I guess now you see where I stand. And maybe know more than you really needed to know. :D

blunted
03-10-06, 03:52 PM
I want one for my 94 Eldo as long as the difference would be noticeable after all is said and done. Especially when I'd have to pay for an install.

davesdeville
03-12-06, 03:37 AM
Why would you have to pay for an install? Heck buying the tools required to do it would probably end up being cheaper than having a shop install the TB.

blunted
03-13-06, 01:47 PM
Dave.. I know it sounds pathetic but EVERY single time I ever do try to do something myself with this car it NEVER ever goes well. :banghead:
Here's some examples :

- Replacing Battery, it had no strap on it.. and almost no room to get my hands on it. Lots of fun.

-Tried pullin up my injectors to check for leaks, couldnt get some plastic clips off to finish the deed, even posted pictures here and stumped some people.

-Bought a grille from another 93-94 Eldo, go to put it on and theres no screws coming out of the new one like the original thats in there. Also no way to get screws in it.

The only thing I have done sucessfully without some pain in the ass was change a tail light, a few light bulbs, and my coils.