: eldorado1- throttle body for 94 eldo available?

03-09-06, 03:54 PM
I am curious about the throttle body for the 94 eldo I just bought. I want to add some more horses ,and Ive been hearing its hard to modify the N*. I cant send personal messages yet cause im a new member.

03-09-06, 04:26 PM
I cant send personal messages yet cause im a new member.

that's a stupid rule. This would be at least the 3rd time this has happened to someone who needed to get ahold of me...

anyways, a 93-95 throttle body is in the works, but has been stalled a bit. The main concern is whether there is enough interest to warrant building the boring fixtures needed to bore these years throttle bodies. There are at least 2 people (including yourself) that would be interested in this throttle body.

But going by past experience, there were probably 10+ people interested in the 96-99 throttle body... and look how many actually purchased one... two people. Neither of them are on this board. I have been a vendor for 3 months officially.

If that trend continued, I wouldn't sell one of the 93-95 throttle bodies, and I'd be deeper in debt than I am right now. (Yes, I still haven't broken even yet) My vender status officially ends this tuesday, and I don't have the money to extend that. So........ I'll be putting auctions up on ebay unless I can work out some deal where each TB sold on this board would send a % of the profits to the board operator/owner.

So I guess now you see where I stand. And maybe know more than you really needed to know. :D

03-10-06, 03:52 PM
I want one for my 94 Eldo as long as the difference would be noticeable after all is said and done. Especially when I'd have to pay for an install.

03-12-06, 03:37 AM
Why would you have to pay for an install? Heck buying the tools required to do it would probably end up being cheaper than having a shop install the TB.

03-13-06, 01:47 PM
Dave.. I know it sounds pathetic but EVERY single time I ever do try to do something myself with this car it NEVER ever goes well. :banghead:
Here's some examples :

- Replacing Battery, it had no strap on it.. and almost no room to get my hands on it. Lots of fun.

-Tried pullin up my injectors to check for leaks, couldnt get some plastic clips off to finish the deed, even posted pictures here and stumped some people.

-Bought a grille from another 93-94 Eldo, go to put it on and theres no screws coming out of the new one like the original thats in there. Also no way to get screws in it.

The only thing I have done sucessfully without some pain in the ass was change a tail light, a few light bulbs, and my coils.