: Headlight Protection

dqw1
03-09-06, 03:31 PM
Anyone try this film at the site below? I heard of the clear-bra that 3M makes I think. What about the one below for protecting the lights.
http://www.lamin-x.com/

nikon
03-09-06, 04:10 PM
I've heard of it, I think they offer different colors too, guess it might be worth it to give it a shot...Im just afraid after 2+ years down the road taking the stuff off and having ruined headlights.

jspridge
03-09-06, 04:40 PM
Laminex has great products and service. Their film is much thicker than the 3M stuff, and there is no residue when it is removed. I had their products on my BMW for five years and was very happy with it.

dqw1
03-10-06, 09:30 AM
My headlights and ambers are getting beat up, hell the whole bottom spoiler is also for that matter.
JS what color did you put on? I'm thinking about the blue but I don't know. The blue may stop other traffic from thinking I have my brights on.

CIWS
03-10-06, 10:33 AM
Yeah I can't drive down the highway without getting new hits on the front facia and/or hood. :(
Clear Bra kits have been ordered for my car and the dealership should be putting them on later today or early next week, whenever they get in.

jspridge
03-10-06, 10:33 AM
I used the Laminex blue tinted film on the fog lights of my BMW to try to get a better match of the fog light color to that of the xenon headlights. It worked, but only after I changed the stock fog bulb for a Silverstar. In the case of the V, you might as well use the clear film, because the blue tint will also cover your xenon low beam (making it "bluer" - if that's a word). Even if you change the high beam bulb to a Silverstar, your xenon low beam's color will be very different than your high beam light color.

dqw1
03-10-06, 01:34 PM
Thanks, I'll go with the clear. Oops, thats what Barry Bonds did.

50 4Ever
03-10-06, 01:56 PM
I have my headlights covered on my Corvette with the 3M film. It's been on for three years with no problems. I have had peices replaced and if there is any residue they use some 3M Adhesive Remover. I have never heard of Laminex, it sounds similar.

SoCadillac
03-10-06, 03:47 PM
I purchased this kit:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/vehsearch.asp?make_id=10&year_no=2004&veh_id=790&item_group_id=2&veh_opt_choice_id=0

This kit is strictly for the lights and includes both headlights, both windshield washer triangle pieces, both driving lamps. The material is a very thick 40 mil 3M film (the best there is, in my eyes); it's thick, and there is very little that can inflict damage on it in the way of normal sized debris.