: Lamborghini Gallardo gets owned! VIDEO

Blackout
03-09-06, 02:32 PM
Lamborghini Galardo - Wrecked by Dubai speed bumper

The government of Dubai thought it would be a good idea to put a speed bump on a street where locals tended to speed. Problem is they didnít tell anybody. This Gallardo hit it at over 60 MPH.

Thereís actually a video of the accident. The back end of the Gallardo goes about 5 feet off the ground.

Video is in the link below.

http://www.topspeed.com/car_news/lamborghini_galardo_-_wrecked_by_dubai_speed_bumper-ar3138.html

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-09-06, 02:37 PM
ahahahhaha thats pretty good!

gary88
03-09-06, 07:10 PM
well I guess he learned his lesson :thepan:

N0DIH
03-09-06, 07:33 PM
Owch!

powerglide
03-09-06, 09:25 PM
Pretty dangerous!
People coulda died thanks to this 'safety' device

davesdeville
03-09-06, 10:30 PM
Yay lets make a nice flat road and put a giant pile of asphalt on it so cars can bottom out!

70eldo
03-10-06, 05:37 AM
Speed bumps are hot in Holland. People won some cases against the municipality that placed the bumps without proper signs warning for the speed bumps!

turbojimmy
03-10-06, 08:07 AM
I wonder if the pic of the wrecked car is the same as the one in the vid? It sounds like after he landed he got back in the throttle. Didn't sound like he wrecked.

I'm all for the speed bumps as long as you can safely get over them at the posted speed limit. They put similar humps (they're 'speed tables' - not as jarring as a bump) in residential areas around here. If you're going around 25 MPH (the limit) you're fine. It would be tough to successfully sue the municipality for damage to your car as a result of going 75 MPH over a 25-MPH bump.

Jim

Jonas McFeely
03-10-06, 12:45 PM
I wonder if the pic of the wrecked car is the same as the one in the vid? It sounds like after he landed he got back in the throttle. Didn't sound like he wrecked.

I'm all for the speed bumps as long as you can safely get over them at the posted speed limit. They put similar humps (they're 'speed tables' - not as jarring as a bump) in residential areas around here. If you're going around 25 MPH (the limit) you're fine. It would be tough to successfully sue the municipality for damage to your car as a result of going 75 MPH over a 25-MPH bump.

Jim

Yeah those speed tables youre talking about are not much better.I have a cool story in fact...

Me and this kid i barely know were skipping school a couple years ago,and he had just got this Eclipse GS-T Spyder,one of the older ones,before they put the V6 in it.And we were going down this road at about 45-50 mph.There were no posted signs warning us of speed bumps(though it was residential and we were speeding).So we hit this "speed table" at about 50 mph and get the front wheels off the ground.It was pretty scary.We shouldnt have been speeding,but there should have been signs.

terrible one
03-10-06, 01:02 PM
That is crazy. Though it is dangerous, it sure was funny to see all of those cars bottoming out!

HITMONEY
03-10-06, 04:00 PM
Dubai deffinitely has a sick sense of humor.

Elvis
03-10-06, 04:46 PM
If they're this good at catching speeders, just think what a great job they'd do with our ports!

:canttalk:

sorry, pay no attention to me...