: How to do the calipers

04CTSVFLA
03-09-06, 01:20 PM
I have asked a few times, with little or no response. I was wondering how to paint the calipers without marginalizing the V-logo. I wanted to do red calipers.

nikon
03-09-06, 02:18 PM
man, I dunno, I'm pretty sure those are powdercoated on, and that + the V logo is prolly cleared over...your best bet is to get some V decals paint the whole thing red, put the V sticker on, then clear over that.

Mat347
03-09-06, 02:36 PM
Yes, it really sux that the V is not raised. I believe the only way would to do as described above, or cover the V before painting with the ability to take it off afterwards. I ended up painting over mine for the time being.
I will probably end up making my own out of shim material and epoxy them on.

04CTSVFLA
03-09-06, 02:54 PM
I noticed alot of people doing it and maintaining the V logo - stealthV among others. I believe there is a way to do it. How much would powdercoating cost? Can u buy those same V-logos anywhere? And are they stickers or are the stock logos actually etched or painted on the caliper.

ctsvett
03-09-06, 03:18 PM
George/ SOcalV did this himself on his car and it looks great... Perhaps he can post how he did it. I remember asking him and he said he spent HOURS masking everything off...

I will e-mail him this link and he can post.

Reed

04CTSVFLA
03-09-06, 03:42 PM
HOURS masking everything off...

ouch

Florian
03-09-06, 03:54 PM
Have a friend push the front of the car while holding a can of Krylon pointed at the caliper....this will give you the coverage you need, rust protection AND as a bonus, cool color matched striped rims!!

hope this helped

F

TXSilverV
03-09-06, 04:54 PM
I did it by just taping everthing off. It took about 1 hour per caliper. My V logo is still there. It's looks ok, but not great. Next time I would just paint the entire thing and the somehow put a V logo back on.

wildwhl
03-10-06, 12:44 AM
Lasercut hightemp decals clearcoated back on.

:hmm:

Lindsay Cadillac
03-10-06, 07:34 AM
Maybe someone knows a good printer that could make some of those up... :D

I've been trying to find one... :duck:

urbanski
03-10-06, 07:34 AM
good printers are hard to come by :(

Lindsay Cadillac
03-10-06, 08:03 AM
Tell me about it... :stirpot:

rand49er
03-10-06, 08:21 AM
I noticed alot of people doing it and maintaining the V logo - stealthV among others. I believe there is a way to do it. How much would powdercoating cost? Can u buy those same V-logos anywhere? And are they stickers or are the stock logos actually etched or painted on the caliper.At one time, I thought of doing red calipers and putting V emblems on like found on the outside of the car. Stupid me, I bought the paint at an auto store and three V emblems on ebay (with the intention of somehow getting a fourth), then go to position the logo on the caliper and found out that not only is the emblem too big to fit on the caliper, but probably would not hold up to the heat. So, I abandoned the project. :thehand: