: Taking the V out of hibernation

steve711
03-09-06, 12:51 PM
First of all its good to be back.
I've been off this great forum for some time and i have alot of catching up to do and its good seeing all the guys still tearin up the threads.

I put the V in storage around Dec 18 or so and have moved out of state from where my car is storaged.
I am going to be picking her up soon and bringing her back to where i am currently living.
And honestly i dont know what to expect.
When i put her away i done a very bad thing, I DID NOT change the oil (about 1500-1600 miles on the current oil) and im concerned on what might happen when i first start her up.
Also the tires if there low on air and the battery if it went low (wich it probbably did) how do i safely boost her up without damaging the PCM ?.

Good to be back:highfive:
Thx Guys
Steve

Florian
03-09-06, 04:59 PM
battery tender.....39 bux.

F

stkshkr
03-09-06, 07:29 PM
Steve
Are you in Cincinnati now? If it's in storage there I'll be glad to help you out. Just put a battery charger on it, have the oil changed and put air in the tires. Did you put Stabil in the gas tank before storage? If not you'll need to run some fuel line/injector cleaner through it.

steve711
03-09-06, 10:51 PM
Steve
Are you in Cincinnati now? If it's in storage there I'll be glad to help you out. Just put a battery charger on it, have the oil changed and put air in the tires. Did you put Stabil in the gas tank before storage? If not you'll need to run some fuel line/injector cleaner through it.
Yea its still in Cincy northern KY to be exact.
I dont have a battery charger.Do you think a boost off my trailblazer using jumper cables will work? and not damage my pcm?
No i did not put Stabil in the tank (wish i would'v) being that missed out on stabil what would be the bast way to start her up? maybe add a little octane booster or stabil or both in tank beffore first start?

Thx

Florian
03-09-06, 10:58 PM
USE THE BATTERY TENDER!!!!! The jump will just fuc& things up....

F

heavymetals
03-09-06, 11:43 PM
The gas may not have gone "bad" but the battery is a goner (I bet).:eek:

As for the oil, the Mobil 1 is pretty good chit so don't worry bout that.:worship:

I wouldn't do any WOT stuff till you have a chance to put fresh gas in it.:thumbsup:

The tires are another thing. I bet it has some interesting noises and "bumps" when you drive it.

(tires develop "flat spots" sittting in place).

stkshkr
03-10-06, 12:30 AM
I'm in Northern KY, I have a battery charger. Glad to help, let me know. PM if you like

steve711
03-10-06, 01:52 AM
Pm sent

NH Vrod
03-10-06, 07:39 AM
Everything will be fine. If your battery is dead, hook up you jumper cables and just let it charge off you trailblazer for 20 minutes or so, then disconnect them and give her a crank, if that was not enough just repeat. The shelf life for gas these day is 3 month, you should not have any issues with that, just top off the tank, and your oil will be fine, unless you started and stopped the car during the winter causing it to sweat, your oil is the same as it was when you parked it.
I can't wait to take mine out of storage!!

atdeneve
03-10-06, 08:03 AM
Why would jumping your car damage your PCM?

NH Vrod
03-10-06, 09:00 AM
The only thing I have ever herd of happening is you could bump your alternator, who ever has the highest output alternator, if both vehicals are running than both system are charging against each other and higher amp alternator will bump/burn out the other one. I never herd of a PCM being f@cked up from jumping?

steve711
03-10-06, 01:04 PM
Everything will be fine. If your battery is dead, hook up you jumper cables and just let it charge off you trailblazer for 20 minutes or so, then disconnect them and give her a crank, if that was not enough just repeat. The shelf life for gas these day is 3 month, you should not have any issues with that, just top off the tank, and your oil will be fine, unless you started and stopped the car during the winter causing it to sweat, your oil is the same as it was when you parked it.
I can't wait to take mine out of storage!!
Thx for the input
I am so looking foward to picking her up :bouncy: